D&D 5E 5e Halcyon Academy Attendance Sheet

tglassy

Adventurer
OOC: http://www.enworld.org/forum/showthread.php?518311-5e-Halcyon-Academy-(Recruiting-OOC)
IC: http://www.enworld.org/forum/showthread.php?522337-5e-Halcyon-Academy&p=7019122#post7019122

Here is the roster thread! Please enter your information below, and if you're new and need a reminder on what information to include, here is a list:

• 18 point buy (Max 13 before Racial bonuses). You get 9 more when I decide you have advanced enough to get a class level.
  • Proficiency bonus is +1 until you gain your class.
  • 1d6 Health for classless character. Changes to Class health when class is picked. Average health from 1st level on.
  • Background equipment only. Plus a set of clothes if it doesn't come with one. Most don't have much when they first come to the Academy, and those that do aren't allowed to bring much.
  • A trinket from the Trinket Table. You can roll or choose, your choice.
  • Any WotC sources are good. UA on request. Let's not do much homebrew this time, I do too much homebrew.
  • Pick a background. This is what you are doing when you get your invitation.
  • Tell me how you got your invitation. Did you apply, was it a surprise, do you not know why you were invited? Make it good!
  • Races: In this world, the races are very much divided. They each have their own nation, their own language and their own culture. There are smatterings of other races throughout each nation, but for the most part, those are traders. The Academy is one of the only places they are required to mix. The human nation is the most welcoming, and the most used to other races being around. Genasi are rare, as are most of Volo's Races, but they do exist. If you'll run into one, it's likely at the academy.

Last edited:

Azurewraith

Explorer
Mim

Race: Kenku
Class: N/a
Alignment: ??
Background:Urchin
Ability Scores:
-STR: 8(-1)
-DEX: 16(+3)
-CON: 14(+2)
-INT: 12(+1)
-WIS:11(+1)
-CHA: 14(+2)
AC: 14
Init. Bonus: +3
Speed: 30ft.
HP: 10
Hit Dice:1d8
Prof. Bonus: 1

LANGUAGES/PROFICIENCIES
Languages: Common,Auran,Draconic,Sylvan,Elvish
Armor: Light
Weapons: Simple
Tools: Thieves, Disguise kit

Saving Throws:
Str
Dex
+3
Con
+2
Int
+1
Wis
+3(p)
Cha
+4(p)

Skills
Acrobatics (Dex)
+5(P)
Animal Handling (Wis) 0
Arcana (Int) +1
Athletics (Str) -1
Deception (Cha) +4(p)
History (Int) +1
Insight (Wis) +0
Intimidation (Cha) +2
Investigation (Int) +1
Medicine (Wis) +0
Nature (Int) +3(P)
Perception (Wis)
Performance (Cha) +2
Persuasion (Cha) +2
Religion (Int) +1
Sleight of Hand (Dex)(P)+5
Stealth (Dex)+5(P)
Survival (Wis)+0

Combat
Dagger +5 1d4+2 P 20/60
Hand crossbow +3 P 30/120 Bolts 19
Eldritch Blast +4 1d10 Force 120ft

INVENTORY
Small Knife
Map of city
Barnabus(pet mouse)
Quill(token to remember parents)
Set of Common cloths
Belt pouch
The deed to a parcel of land in a realm unknown(trinket)
Common Clothes
Backpack
Ornate folding hand crossbow
Ornate Dagger
Ring of Feather fall
Arcane Focus
Leather Armour
4xDaggers
Silk rope
Healers kit
Thieves tools
Bulls eye lantern x3
10oil
Potion of healing

61GP

RACIAL TRAITS
Expert Forgery. You can duplicate other creatures'
handwriting and craftwork. You have advantage on all checks made to produce forgeries or duplicates of existing
objects.

Mimicry. You can mimic sounds you have heard, including voices. A creature that hears the sounds you make can tell they are imitations with a successful Wisdom (Insight) check opposed by your
Charisma (Deception)

Cantrips
Eldritch Blast
Mage Hand

Pact Magic 1slot lvl 1 Save DC12
SleepHex

CLASS FEATURES
Fey Presence
Starting at 1st level, your patron bestows upon you the ability to project the beguiling and fearsome presence of the fey. As an action, you can cause each creature in a 10-foot cube originating from you to make a Wisdom saving throw against your warlock spell save DC. The creatures that fail their saving throws are all charmed or frightened by you (your choice) until the end of your next turn. Once you use this feature, you can’t use it again until you finish a short or long rest.

Feats
Lucky
Linguist

BACKGROUND
Urchin
Feature
City Secrets
You know the secret patterns and flow to cities and can find passages through the urban sprawl that others would miss. When you are not in combat, you (and companions you lead) can
Trait: Does all thinking through proxy of Barnabus
Ideal:Happyiness all people and mice should have just what they want and get it anyway they can
Bond:Will do anything to Leap from the highest mountain and never, ever touching the floor again
Flaw: Suffers from Kleptomania

Personal Info
Skin:Black
Hair:Feathers
Eyes:Red
Height:4ft 8
Weight:84lbs

Bio
Born into a smalltime criminal gang of Kenku running a minor business of forging documents, right until they got busted only a child Mim ran when the guards ransacked the "office" been living on the street ever since. His pet Mouse(Barnabus the XXIVVIX) helped him out teaching him to steal and the ways of the street(Mim is convinced he can speak mouse and will happily translate anything he says in the most pompous noble accent ever, The only time he will actually use real words)

Barrnabus has an issue hes a real klepto and gets Mim to steal all sorts of things for him. In particular cheese combine this with the fact that Mim loves to play pranks, Mim seems to constantly be on the run from the town guard or some cheese vendor.

Mim turned up at the academy well he really liked the way the gate sounded and was simply stood outside imitating it when he got yanked inside by some brute of an orc, hes not entierly sure whats going on but he gets given lots of paper in different hand writing and hearing lots and lots of new voices so Mim stayed

Last edited:

Greenmtn

Explorer
Allow me to introduce...

Zilzivar Kivrippliss Seodoireacht the 3rd son of Kanzum Fricomems Seodoireacht. The Seodoireacht family is an up and coming mercantile family making a name for themselves making trinkets, jewelry and work inlaying gems into precious metal decorations.

The Patriarch of the family has decided that in order for their family to move further up the social ladder and gain the name recognition to make pieces for clients that can truly bring the family name to the forefront is for his Sons to be Academy trained. His two oldest sons being too busy at the moment with contracts and already too important to the business to be gone for long means that Zilzivar will represent the family at the academy.

Zilzivar is passionate about his work. The truth of it is that he loves the sparkle and beauty of the products that he produces. His brothers Bozutras Vuh and Nizzeenzix Honsives (Boz and Niz for short) get along well with him, Boz being the consumate salesman arranged a deal with a local Dwarven mine to get the families supply of gems, and Niz is an excellent craftsman. Anything not worthy of the family name simply is not acceptable.

[sblock]

Attributes (*=Save proficiency)
STR: 10 (0)
DEX: 14 (+2)
CON: 12 (+1)
INT: 16 (+3)*
WIS: 13 (+1)*
CHA: 11 (+0)
AC: 13 (Base+Dex + Magic Wand)
HP: 5
Proficiency Bonus: +2
Spell Prep: 4

Proficiencies:
Skills: Insight, Persuasion
Tools: Jewelers
Languages - Common, Gnome, Dwarven

[sblock]
Acrobatics (DEX)
Animal Handling (WIS)
*Arcana (INT)
Athletics (STR)
Deception (CHA)
History (INT)
*Insight (WIS)
Intimidation (CHA)
*Investigation (INT)
Medicine (WIS)
Nature (INT)
*Perception (WIS)
Performance (CHA)
Persuasion (CHA)
Religion (INT)
Sleight of Hand (DEX)
Stealth (DEX)
Survival (WIS)

Feats - Spell Sniper (Ray of Frost)

[sblock=spellbook]
Cantrips - 3 +1
Ray of Frost
Minor Illusion
Shape Water
Prestidigitation

1st Level - (3per Day 6 in book)
Mage Armor
Magic Missile
Tashas Hideous Laughter
Comprehend Languages (R)
Detect Magic (R)
Find Familier (R)

[/sblock=spellbook]
[/sblock]

Race: Gnome (Rock)
Speed: 25ft
Dark Vision 60ft
Gnome Cunning - Advantage INT, WIS, CHA saves vs Magic
Artificer’s Lore: Whenever you make an Intelligence (History) check related to Magic Items, alchemical Objects, or technological devices, you can add twice your proficiency bonus, instead of any proficiency bonus you normally apply.
Tinker: You have proficiency with artisan’s tools (tinker’s tools). Using those tools, you can spend 1 hour and 10 gp worth of materials to construct a Tiny clockwork device (AC 5, 1 hp). The device ceases to function after 24 hours (unless you spend 1 hour repairing it to keep the device functioning), or when you use your action to dismantle it; at that time, you can reclaim the materials used to create it. You can have up to three such devices active at a time. When you create a device, choose one of the following options: Clockwork Toy, Fire Starter, Music Box

Background Guild Artisan - Guild Member

[sblock=Inventory] Jewelers Tools, Letter of introduction from "guild", 1 set winter cloths, Rations (x6), belt pouch, Ink, Pen, scroll case, Parchment (x5), Backpack, Blanket, waterskin, Spell Book
At Academy - 1 set travelers cloths, Gnome music box that plays a song from my childhood, candle (x2), 1 vial of "lightning flower" sap, "Lightening flower" Peddles.

Glass Staff -
Usable as Quarter Staff, As a reaction, use a charge to cast the Shield spell. It regains 1d3 charges every morning at dawn.
+1 to AC

GP:0, SP: 7, CP: 6
[/sblock=inventory]

Height: 3’ 3”
Weight: 43 lbs
Eyes: Hazel
Skin: fair skinned with rosy red cheeks
Hair: Bark Brown
Personality Traits: Anything worth doing is worth doing right
Ideals: I work hard to be the best at my craft
Bonds: One day I will return to my family and prove that I am the greatest artisan of them all.
Flaws:I’m horribly jealous of anyone who can outshine my handiwork. Everywhere I go, I’m surrounded by rivals. This at times extends beyond my trade and into other things that I apply myself to.

[/sblock][/sblock][/sblock]

Last edited:

Charwoman Gene

Adventurer
Dariana
Wood Elf Fighter 1
Outlander CG

Strength 12(+1)
Dexterity 18(+4)
Constitution 12(+1)
Intelligence 10(+0)
Wisdom 14(+2)
Charisma 8(-1)
Dariana is a elf who shares a near mystical bond with her bow.​

dariana icon.jpg

[sblock=Appearance and Personality]Gender Female Age 50
Height 5'2"" Weight 105 lbs.
Hair Silvery Purple Skin Pale Eyes Blue
Dariana is a young female elf, quite disheveled looking, and seems very uncomfortable and off putting in social settings.​
Traits
Dariana’s eyes are always shifting, looking away to what else is around.​
She talks over people, not quite letting them finish their words.​
Ideal
Balance and oneness between nature and myself is the ultimate goal.​
Bond
The descendants of the Goliath village would bring a smile to her face, and she would help them out if they needed it.​
Flaw
She is very impulsive, and used to having her own way.​
dariana.jpg
[/sblock][sblock=Backstory]
Dariana was born to a family of nomadic wood elves. They traveled as a company throughout the nations, trading their skills for supplies and not staying places long enough to wear out their welcome. While they were encamped in the Goliath nation, a savage band of orcs slaughtered the entire company save her. A few years old, asleep in a tent, she was overlooked. A band of goliaths drove off the orcs and a shieldmaiden among them found Dariana. Dariana was raised by the goliath village, but didn’t exactly fit in. Physically mature, she left the tribe at the age of 17 to try to find her people.
She spent a great deal of time alone. Over 30 years of wandering the world, she learned much. She developed a deep appreciation for nature and its dangers and wonders. She learned herself and how she works, both physically and mentally and the way everything is connected.
Eventually she spent some time with a wood elf, Theriss, she met, and learned a bit about elf culture.
Theriss was a well respected ranger, and seeing her potential sponsored her to go to the academy.​
[/sblock][sblock=Stats]
Strength 12(+1)
Dexterity 18(+4)
Constitution 12(+1)
Intelligence 10(+0)
Wisdom 14(+2)
Charisma 8(-1)

Skills
  • Acrobatics +6
  • Animal Handling +2
  • Arcana +2
  • Athletics +1
  • Deception -1
  • History +0
  • Insight +4
  • Intimidation -1
  • Investigation +0
  • Medicine +4
  • Nature +0
  • Perception +4
  • Performance -1
  • Persuasion -1
  • Religion +0
  • Sleight of Hand +4
  • Stealth +4
  • Survival +4
Proficiencies
Armor: Light, Medium, Heavy, Shields
Weapons: Martial Weapons, Simple Weapons
Tools: Flute
Languages: Common, Elven, Goliath
AC: 16
Initiative: +4
Speed 35 ft.
Passive Perception: 14
HP: 11
HD: 1
HD Type: 1d10+1
Saving Throws
Str: 3
Dex: 4
Con: 3
Int: 0
Wis: 2
Cha: -1
Attacks
  • Longbow Ranged +8 / 1d8+4 Piercing [150/600] heavy. two-Handed
  • Short sword Melee +6 / 1d6+4 Slashing
  • Short sword Melee +6 / 1d6 Slashing Off Hand
[/sblock][sblock=Features]Background: Outlander (Wanderer)
You have an excellent memory for maps and geography,and you can always recall the general layout of terrain, settlements, and other features around you. In addition, you can find food and fresh water for yourself and up to five other people each day, provided that the land offers berries, small game, water, and so forth.​
Feats
Sharpshooter
  • Long range does not impose disadvantage.
  • Ranged Attacks ignore 1/2 and 3/4 cover.
  • Ranged attack -5 to hit/+10 damage
Fighter Features
Fighting Style: Archery
Gain +2 to attacks with ranged weapons​
Second Wind
Use a bonus action to regain 1d10+1 hp.​
Wood Elf Features
Darkvision
60'​
Fey Ancestry
  • Advantage on saves versus charm
  • Magic can't put you to sleep
Mask of the Wild
You can attempt to hide when lightly obscured by natural phenomena.​
Item Features
Eveningstar
Longbow of Warning and Light​
  • Advantage on Initiative Rolls
  • You and companions within 30 ft. can't be surprised.
  • Awakens you and companions when combat begins.
  • Light on Arrows
[/sblock][sblock=Spellcasting][/sblock][sblock=Equipment and Money]Money: 0 pp, 297 gp, 0 ep, 0 sp, 0 cp
Bow of Warning and Light
Hunting Trap
Animal Trophy
Traveler's Clothes
Belt Pouch
Studded Leather
Quiver(3)
Arrows (60)
Rapier
Backpack
Bedroll
Mess Kit
Tinderbox
Torches (10)
Rations (10 days)
Waterskin
Rope, Hempen (50')

[/sblock][sblock=Notes]Her bow gains the abiity to cast the cantrip Light on its arrows, which stays on the arrow for one minute after being fired. Only two arrows can have Light on them at the same time. If a new arrow is fired with Light cast on it, the first arrow's light fades.[/sblock][sblock=Mini Stats]AC: 16 Init: +4
HP: 11 / 11 Hit Dice: 1 / 1 [1d10+1]
Second Wind 1d10+1 1/1 SR[/sblock]

Last edited:

Name: Jordan "Jordy" Greenbottle
Race: Lightfoot Halfling
Class: Sorcerer (Wild Magic) 1
Background: Haunted One (from CoS)
Alignment: Neutral
Strength: 8 (-1)
Dexterity: 16 (+3)
Constitution: 10 (+0)
Intelligence: 12 (+1)
Wisdom: 13 (+1)
Charisma: 16 (+3)
AC: 13/16 (dex+3, mage armor)
Initiative: +3
HP: 6
Hit Dice: 1d6
Speed: 25 ft
Passive Perception: 11
Inspiration: no

OFFENSE
Weapon
Dagger
Sling
Eldritch Blast (1 beam)
Fire Bolt
Range
20/60
30/120
To Hit
+5
+5
+5
+5
Damage
1d4+3 (piercing)
1d4+3 (bludgeoning)
1d10 (force)
1d10 (fire)
Notes
Finesse, Light, Thrown
Ammunition
more beams at higher levels
more damage at higher levels
[sblock="FEATURES AND TRAITS"]Proficiencies and Languages
Languages: Common, Halfling, Deep Speech
Armor: None
Weapons: Dagger, dart, quarterstaff, sling, light crossbow
Tools: None
Skills: Arcana, Insight, Survival​
Race: Lightfoot Halfling
Lucky: When you roll a 1 on an attack roll, ability check, or saving throw, you can reroll the die and must use the new roll.
Brave: You have advantage on saving throws against being frightened.
Halfling Nimbleness: You can move through the space of any creature that is of a size larger than yours.
Naturally Sneaky: You can attempt to hide even when you are obscured only be a creature that is at least one size larger than you.​
Background: Haunted One (CoS)
Heart of Darkness: Those who look into your eyes can see that you have faced unimaginable horror and that you are no stranger to darkness. Though they might fear you, commoners will extend you every courtesy and do their utmost to help you. Unless you have shown yourself to be a danger to them, they will even take up arms to fight alongside you, should you find yourself facing an enemy along.
Harrowing Event: Prior to becoming an adventurer, your path in life was defined by tragedy, Now you feel a darkness threatening to consume you, and you fear there may be no hope of escape. (You survived a monster attack that slaughtered dozens of innocent people, only to almost die in a fire.)​
Feats:
Magic Initiate: You learn the cantrips Eldritch Blast and Prestidigitation.
In addition, you learn the spell Unseen Servant. You can cast it at its lowest level. Once you cast it, you must finish a long rest before you can cast it again.
Your spellcasting ability for these spells is Charisma.​
Class: Sorcerer (Wild) 1
Spellcasting:
Cantrips:
Eldritch Blast
Fire Bolt
Light
Mending
Prestidigitation
True Strike​
Spell Slots:
1st 2​
Spells Known:
Feather Fall
Mage Armor​
Spellcasting Ability: Charisma
Spellcasting Focus: You can use an arcane focus as a spellcasting focus for your sorcerer spells.​
Wild Magic Surge: Your spellcasting can unleash surges of untamed magic. Immediately after you cast a sorcerer spell of 1st level or higher, the DM can have you roll a d20. If you roll a 1, roll on the Wild Magic Surge table to create a random magical effect.
Tides of Chaos: You can manipulate the forces of chance and chaos to gain advantage on one attack roll, ability check, or saving throw. Once you do so, you must finish a long rest before you can use this feature again.
Any time before you regain the use of this feature, the DM can have you roll on the Wild Magic Surge table immediately after you cast a sorcerer spell of 1st level or higher. You then regain the use of this feature.​
[/sblock][sblock="EQUIPMENT"]Common Clothes
Dagger (2)
Wand (see below)
Belt Pouch
Tinderbox
Chalk (1 piece)
Bell
Signal Whistle
Coins (4 sp, 6 cp)​
Belt Pouch
Sling
Bullets (20)​
Dungeoneer's Pack
Sack
Candles (5)
Ball Bearings (Bag of 1000)
Fishing Tackle
Wooden Tankard, charred
Waterskin
[/sblock][sblock="WAND"]A silver wand appearing as two snakes twined together, each biting the other's tail.
Can be used as an Arcane Focus.
Allows Jordy to cast the mage hand cantrip. The hand is invisible.
Allows Jordy to center a Wild Magic Surge on a point he can see within 60 feet, on a successful Charisma check (DC 12)​
[/sblock][sblock="DESCRIPTION"]Age: 17
Height: 2’ 11”
Weight: 40 lbs
Eyes: Hollow, Watery Blue
Skin: Pale with burn scars
Hair: Red with white streaks
Personality Traits: I hide scraps of food and trinkets away in my pockets.
I expect danger around every corner.​
Ideals: I'll stop the spirits that haunt me or die trying.
Bonds: No one else should have to endure the hardships I've been through.
Flaws: I'll never fully trust any one other than myself.
Notes: Jordy suffers from nightmares in which he is tormented by spirits (many in the forms of Aberrations) speaking an unknown language (Deep Speech, which he will recognize if he encounters it while awake), which he somehow understands. These nightmares may start to abate somewhat, now that he as faced an aberration while awake, and helped to slay it.[/sblock][sblock="BACKGROUND"]Jordy worked at a tavern in a human city, clearing tables, washing dishes, and cleaning the privies. One night, vampires attacked the tavern. Jordy watched from behind the bar as the creatures sucked the life from servers and patrons alike, including his mother and sister (his whole family). When a vampire grabbed him and he felt the thing's fangs on his neck, Jordy know that he was dead, and he fainted. When he recovered, the tavern was on fire, and the vampires were nowhere to be seen.
In the following days, the dreams came, and strange things started happening around him. Strange noises, doors slamming, fires starting. After several incidents, Jordy was brought up before the local lord, Count Tramere. But as the Count was considering his case, a messenger arrived with an invitation for Jordy to attend the Academy. Within an hour, Jordy found himself and his meager belongings packed into a coach and on his way.
Upon his arrival at the Academy, Jordy and several other prospective students were subjected to several tests. His results gained him admission to the School of the Arcane, with the option of entering most of the other schools as well.
After a painful ordeal, and several months of study, Jordy is now a novice Sorcerer.[/sblock]

Last edited:

Quentin Khad of House Adarbrent

Alignment: Chaotic Good
Size: Medium
Type (Subtype): Humanoid (Water? Planar? Elemental?)
Init: +2
Passive Perception: 12

Hit points: 1D6 = [6] = 6 +2 = 8 0 level

Code:
Str: 14 (+2) 7pts (+1)
Dex: 14 (+2) 7pts (+4)
Con: 14 (+2) 4pts
Int:  8 (-1) 0pts
Wis: 11 (+0) 2pts
Cha: 14 (+2) 7pts (+1)

HP: 14
AC: 17

Melee:
Trident: +5 / 1d6+3
Dagger: +4 / 1d4+2

Ranged:
Trident: +5 /1d6+3 (20/60)
Dagger: +4 / 1d4+2 (20/60)
Crossbow: +4 / 1d8+2 (80/320, loading, two-handed)

Fighter:
Armor: Light Armor, Medium Armor, Heavy Armor, shields
Weapons: simple Weapons, martial Weapons
Tools: none
Skills: Choose two skills from Acrobatics, Animal Handling, Athletics, History, Insight, Intimidation, Perception, and Survival
Saving Throw: Strength, Constitution
Saves: Str +4, Dex +2, Con +4, Int -1, Wis 0, Cha +2
Starting Equipment:
Chain Mail
Scale Mail
Trident of Fish Control +1
Light Crossbow (20 bolts)
[sblock=Explorers pack]
A backpack, a bedroll, a mess kit, a tinderbox, 10 torches, 10 days of rations, a waterskin, 50' of hempen rope
[/sblock]

Second Wind: 1d10+1 hp as bonus action 1/short rest

Mariner Fighting Style:
As long as Quenting doesn't wear heavy armor or shield:
- gain climb speed
- gain swimm speed
- gain +1 AC

Feats:
[sblock=Inspiring Leader]
Spend 10 minutes to inspire up to six (including Quentin) friendly creatures who can understand you.
Gain 3 temp hp, until next rest
[/sblock]

Trinket: An ancient arrow of elven design

Traits: I enjoy sailing into new ports and making new friends over a flagon of ale. Always take friendly wager.
Ideal: The thing that keeps a ship together is mutual respect between captain and crew
Bond: Family, who is my father? My house’s alliance with noble family Moonstar must be sustained at all costs. Nothing is more important than the other members of my family.
Flaw: Family, if anyone is hurt or taken, Khad will go to the end of the seas to get them back or avenge them

Languages: Common, Primordial, Elven (with DMs permission)

Racial Abilities:
Swimming
Acid resistance
Call to the Wave.
- You know the shape water cantrip (see chapter 2).
- When you reach 3rd level, you can cast the create or destroy water spell as a 2nd-level spell once with this trait, and you regain the ability to cast it this way when you finish a long rest. Constitution is your spellcasting ability for these spells.

Background: Sailor
Skills: Athletics and Perception
Proficiencies: Navigators tools, water vehicles
Equipment: A belaying pin (club), 50 feet of silk rope, a lucky charm such as a rabbit foot or a small stone with a hole in the center (or you may roll for a random trinket on the Trinkets table in chapter 5), a set of common clothes, and a belt pouch containing 10 gp

Trinket (sailor): An indecipherable treasure map

Proficiencies: Animal Handling(fighter), Athletics (Sailor), Intimidation (fighter), Perception(Sailor)
SkillAttributeModProficiencyTotal
AcrobaticsDEX+2+2
Animal HandlingWIS+0+2+2
ArcanaINT-1-1
AthleticsSTR+2+2+4
DeceptionCHA+2+2
HistoryINT-1-1
InsightWIS+0+0
IntimidationCHA+2+2+4
InvestigationINT-1-1
MedicineWIS+0+0
NatureINT-1-1
PerceptionWIS+0+2+2
PerformanceCHA+2+2
PersuasionCHA+2+2
ReligionINT-1-1
Sleight of HandDEX+2+2
StealthDEX+2+2
SurvivalWIS+0+0

[sblock="Shape water"]
Transmutation cantrip
Casting Time: 1 action
Range: 30 feet
Components: S
Duration: Instantaneous or 1 hour (see below)
You choose an area of water that you can see within range and that fits within a 5-foot cube. You manipulate it in one of the following ways:
• You instantaneously move or otherwise change the flow of the water as you direct, up to 5 feet in any direction. This movement doesn’t have enough force to cause damage.
• You cause the water to form into simple shapes and animate at your direction. This change lasts for 1 hour.
• You change the water’s color or opacity. The water must be changed in the same way throughout. This change lasts for 1 hour.
• You freeze the water, provided that there are no creatures in it. The water unfreezes in 1 hour.

If you cast this spell multiple times, you can have no more than two of its non-instantaneous effects active at a time, and you can dismiss such an effect as an action.
[/sblock]

[sblock="Create / destroy water 1/day at 3rd level"]
1st-level transmutation
Casting Time: 1 action
Range: 30 feet
Components: V, S, M (a drop of water if creating water or a few grains of sand if destroying it)
Duration: Instantaneous
You either create or destroy water.
Create Water. You create up to 10 gallons of clean water within range in an open container. Alternatively, the water falls as rain in a 30-foot cube within range, extinguishing exposed flames in the area.
Destroy Water. You destroy up to 10 gallons of water in an open container within range. Alternatively, you destroy fog in a 30-foot cube within range.
At Higher Levels. When you cast this spell using a spell slot of 2nd level or higher, you create or destroy 10 additional gallons of water, or the size of the cube increases by 5 feet, for each slot level above 1st.
[/sblock]

[sblock="Image"]
View attachment 76911
[/sblock]

[sblock=Schools]
School of Combat: (1d20+2)[21]
School of the Arcane: (1d20+2)[9] (Overridden: Accepted)
School of the Divine: (1d20+10)[30]
School of Nature: (1d20+1)[9]
School of Skill: (1d20)[16]
School of the Immortal: (1d20)[8]
[/sblock]

[sblock="Description and History"]

Quentin looks like a half-elf, with slightly pointed ears, but his wide shoulders and powerful chest and slight sheen of his skin and emerald green eyes suggest Alu'Tel'Quessir rather then their land-bound cousins. In fact, his sire is a creature of otherworldly origin. Due to his origins, Quentin has some power over water and is capable of breathing both air and underwater as aquatic elves do. His hair is wild and cannot be tamed, whatever way it is forced into shape, soon it is all around his head again. He smells of fresh sea breeze even after bathing in pure water.

Quentin is the child of small indiscretion from Erestreen Moonstar, aunt of the current Patriarch before her marriage. While it is not strange that girls know men before wedding, having a child is generally frowned upon, especially if already betrothed. Quentin was taken into the family as family ward. His lineage cannot be officially confirmed due to marital ties of his mother to Moonstars, his strange blood helps with that since he doesn't look as the rest of the family. Anyhow, he is trusted as first mate on many a ship and is considered "good luck charm" by Adarbrent sailors due to the fact that ships he sails on survive even fiercest storms and were never sunk/capsized.

The nobles of Alabaster City "know" that one of the family sired him, usual suspects being Captains of the fleet or even Patriarch himself. As long as Erestreen is not mentioned, family lets the rumor fly.

I addition to any blessings Deep Sachelas chooses to grant him, Quentin is skilled in the arts of battle, trained by House warriors, sailors and elves in various styles in under various conditions. Wearing his mother-of-pearl half-plate, with trident and net, he is image of the waterborn noble at seas. Acccepted as leader of men and with subtle enough signs of his blood, he leads various expeditions to recover lost treasures and map what they can of the underwater realm. Ties of his birth make him common, if exotic, visitor to population of Alu'Tel'Quessir in Alabaster City harbor.

At one point, too many eyes turned his way and the Patriarch sent him to The Academy:
"You will do or die. (There is no try :p ) Succeed and you'll get your own ship. Fail and don't return."

House Adarbrent
[/sblock]

Last edited:

gargoyleking

Adventurer
Grody

Background/Description
[sblock]After a few months at the academy Grody seems to have changed considerably. Many of his small and often flaky scales have fallen out across his back and in their places some much thicker vibrant blue ones have begun to grow. He seems to have gained a little bit of confidence, yet maintains the sometimes startling tendency to cower even when not necessarily being threatened in any way at all.

Small and frail even by Kobold standards, Grody's growth was stunted when his wings were clipped at hatching. The stubs never quite healed properly, and the tell-tale stubs on his back occasionally ooze from mild infections. He found himself at the bottom of the pecking order and was soon ousted from his warren.

After days of wandering lost in the wilderness he wandered into the camp of a wandering adventuring party. They nearly killed him out of hand, but the leader instead chose to 'keep' him. The man's name was Darius Sinis. He came from a wealthy family of mages and was about to begin teaching at Halcyon Academy.

Grody was named by this man who had 'saved' him. He was made to serve at Darius's whim. Darius even had a special whistle made out of a rare wood the color of gold, which he used prodigiously anytime he wished to summon Grody. It made little sound when blown, but only to most humanoids, for Grody it was a shrill sound that rattled his nerves.

Any time he made a complaint he was reminded, in the strictest terms, of the massive debt that he owed for his very continued existence. The tasks he was put to anything from cleaning to spying on students and even other teachers within the Academy grounds. And so it came that Grody learned his way around the Academy. He learned to get around as quickly as possible to complete his duties lest he evoke Darius's wrath. His life was miserable, but as far as he understood it, at least he WAS alive.

That all changed when he was set to spying on a student who Darius seemed to despise more even than most, Harl Lott. Grody was caught in the act and interrogated by the student. But rather than hurting Grody, or reporting him to the school offials, Harl decided to show compassion. He fed Grody and let him go.

Eventually, Darius was caught up in a major scandal where many of his misdeeds within the school were brought to light. Harl had been instrumental in uncovering this, and as a parting shot at the departing proffesor, tricked him into releasing Grody. Upon realizing his mistake, Darius hurled the whistle at his former minion.

Ths whistle is broken now, all the better. But Grody keeps it as a momento of Harl and his freedom. After the incident he had to leave the school. [/sblock]

Abilities/Combat Stats
[sblock]Level 1 Kobold Sorcerer
Background: Urchin

Abil: #(Bonus) , (Skills)
Str: 6 (-2)
Dex: 16 (+3) (Sleight of Hand, Stealth)
Con: 10 (0)
Int: 12 (1), (Arcana)
Wis: 10 (0)
Cha: 14 (+2), (Persuasion)

AC: 16
Max Hit Points: 7
Initiative: +3
Speed: 30 ft.
Darkvision: 60ft.

Attacks:
Sling: +5, (1d4+3(B))+(1d4(L)), (Ammo, Range: 30/120)
Daggers: +5 1d4+3(S)<DW 1d4(S)), Thrown(20/60), Finesse, Light
Shocking Grasp: +4(MSA, Adv. vs. Metal armor), 1d8(L)(No reactions until target's next turn.), Cantrip PHB pg 275
Acid Splash: 60 ft. range, 1 target or 2 within 5 ft of each other, Dex sv or take 1d6(A), Cantrip PHB pg 211
Thunderwave: 15 ft sq centered on caster, Con Save or take 2d8(Thunder) and pushed 10 ft(1/2 dmg no push on save.)(Pushes unattended objects in area), 1st Lv PHB pg 282-283[/sblock]

Traits/Background/Class
[sblock]Size: Small
Move: 30 ft.

Kobold: +2 Dex, -2 Str
Size: Small, Speed: 30 ft.
Darkvision: 60 ft.
Grovel, Cower, and Beg:
(Action): Cower pathetically to distract enemies. Until end of next turn Allies gain advantage against enemies within 10ft. that can see you.
Recharge: Short/Long rest
Pack Tactics: Gain adv against enemies with at least 1 (active) ally adjacent.
Sunlight Sensitivity: Suffer disadvantage if you or target is in direct sunlight.

Background: Urchin
Feature: City Secrets (If possible I'd like to attribute this specifically to the school. Part of my backstory idea of him being a former teacher's 'minion'.)
When not in combat, you and allies (you lead) can travel between any two locations in the city twice as fast as your speed would normally allow.
Traits:
Hides scraps of food and trinkets away in his pockets.
Sleeps with his back to a wall or tree with everything he owns wrapped in a bundle in his arms.
Ideal:
Aspiration: "I'm going to prove that I'm worthy of a better life."
Bond:
Owes a debt that he can never repay to a person who took pity on him.
Flaw: Will never fully trust anyone other than himself.

Other Proficiencies:
Weap: Daggers, Darts, Slings, Quarterstaffs, L. Crossbows
Languages: Common, Draconic(x2?)
Tools: Disguise Kit, Thieve's Tools
Feat: Elemental Adept(Lightning)+bonus 1d4(L) Dmg on sling attacks.

Sorcerer
Spellcasting: Save DC: 12(8+2+2), Spell Att. Mod: +4(+2P, +2Cha)
Cantrips:
Acid Splash
Shocking Grasp
Mending
Minor Illusion
1st Lev:
Thunderwave
Shield
Sorcerous Origin: Draconic
Dragon Ancestor (Blue): S/R/W Draconic, x2 Prof bonus on cha skill checks when interacting with dragons.
Draconic Resilience: +1 HP/Sorcerer level, Growing thicker blue scales. Armor = 13+Dex (16) naturally.[/sblock]

Equipment:
[sblock]Sling (60 bullets)
Daggers (2)
Small Knife
Component Pouch
Explorers Pack
Map of the city (The Academy?)
A pet Mouse
Token to remember friend by (Whistle made from gold colored wood)
Common Clothes
Belt Pouch
Thieves Tools[/sblock]

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases