• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

D&D 5E [5E][OOC] Across the Faerun-iverse

Kobold Stew

Last Guy in the Airlock
Supporter
Just before I answer IC, Egon -- can the cart we are leading reasonably get by the tripwire without triggering the trap? If no, then triggering it seems necessary; if it can, ten it becomes a choice for us.

Forged Fury

First Post
I believe we hid the cart and Buttercup somewhere off the main Triboar Trail we were following to Phandalin. We currently have no cart with us and are on a small trail that headed northwest from the Triboar Trail, if I understand it correctly.

Kobold Stew

Last Guy in the Airlock
Supporter
Ah -- I had thought we'd mis-spoken on that; that we still had the cart we were guiding and we had hidden the upturned cart. (I know that's not what was said, but I thought we were charged to bring the cart).

Egon

First Post
You are charged with bringing the cart to Phandalin. The trail you are now on is moving northwest away from the Triboar trail, and the cart was hidden (along with Buttercup) as this trail moves away from Phandalin towards (you hope) where the Goblins are hiding out.

There was no cart with the dead horses.

Kobold Stew

Last Guy in the Airlock
Supporter
Ah - okay. In that case, my question is for my fellow players: should we be leaving poor buttercup by herself when there's a 12% chance of wandeirng monsters every 10 minutes?*

* precision for comedy effects only; I do not know the frequency of wandering monsters.

Forged Fury

First Post
I mentioned that I had unhitched him and tied him to a tree using a modified slip knot that would come loose if he really yanked on it (like if he smelled a predator). Ana wouldn't be down with leaving him there without any means of escape.

Egon

First Post
For clarification: Phandalin is south along the Triboar. The trail you are following to find the Goblins is NOT the Truboar, but split off from it. And it heads northwest.

Just want to make sure you guys are aware of this.

hafrogman

Adventurer
For clarification: Phandalin is south along the Triboar. The trail you are following to find the Goblins is NOT the Truboar, but split off from it. And it heads northwest.
Yeah, I was just gonna say, there seems to be some confusion in the IC thread.
"Agreed. We know we want to bring the cart along here eventually"
The cart will never be coming this way. I made a little mini-map using the main map to hopefully make it clear.

Attachments

• minimap.png
    minimap.png
    123.2 KB · Views: 204

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads