D&D 5E 5E Podcasts?

AlucardD20

First Post
Don't forget the Brainstorm Think Tank Podcast, a podcast for GMs and DMs, we editionless so any edition can walk away with tips for their game. We do it in 30 minutes or less, twice a week. We even have live broadcasts where you can watch the show, and comment. Interested? Check us out, http://brainstormpodcast.info

I was also looking to branch out and do something with just purely 5e, but I need a few co-hosts.

silentbaboon

First Post
Agreed, WH - I'd say our podcasts are going to be roughly 75% actual game play, 25% everything else (including story recaps of the last week's game).
id suggest The Adventure Zone, from maximum fun. It's fairly new, so not a lot of eps, but it comes out every 2 weeks and follows a closer representation of 75/25 than most.

MNblockhead

A Title Much Cooler Than Anything on the Old Site
I produce a podcast following the adventures of a group of Washington DC-based 5th edition Dungeons and Dragons players in a custom campaign setting called Godsfall. The podcast follows the live campaign as we play, as well as notes on being a DM and creating your own custom fantasy setting.

<snip>

Any feedback would be most welcome. Thanks!

View attachment 67017

Just a quick note to say GODFALL ROCKS! I heard about Godsfall when you were a guest on Dragon Talk and decided to check it out. Production quality blew me away when I first started listening. I know a lot of other folks are getting more professional, but it was Godsfall that set the bar for me, making it difficult to put up with poor sound and unedited rambling. I started listening to it while mowing the lawn and then would find excuses to do more yardwork and house cleaning to keep listening, making the wife happy. So, Godsfall been good for my marriage. :)

Other then perhaps Acquisitions Incorporated, I'm finding that I prefer audio-only podcasts, rather than group videos for recorded games. Especially videos where the players are not co-located. I love Chris Perkins as a DM, for example, but I just burned out on Dice, Camera, Action. Even Critical Role is hard for me to get into (though I loved the Mercer-run mini-series Force Gray).

I've fallen behind this winter. Less yardwork, more work work, and I've been listening to the backlog of Welcome to the Magic Tavern, but I need to get back to Godsfall and catch up on those gods in development.

Okay, enough of my fanboy gushing.

Keep up the great work!

Rils

Explorer
Matt Colville is a guy I recently found on YouTube, who does a number of really great vlogs about DMing and running a game. There's some campaign diary stuff in there as well which has broadened my DM horizons quite a bit. Worth checking out!

Remove ads