D&D 5E 5E Podcasts?

Sigma77

First Post
Was wondering if anyone knew of 5E Podcasts? I know WotC does their weekly bits, and I watched the RollPlay Oneshot last night (TPK, ahh). Actually, one of the guys on there mentioned he'll be doing a 5E campaign starting next Sunday, so I intend on watching that, certainly. Just wondering if you guys knew anymore? It's a great way to improve yourself as a DM, I think - I notice things I wouldn't otherwise notice, including mistakes on the player's/DM's part. I think I've learned a bit from watching them. Anyone know of any more?

wedgeski

Adventurer
I'm starting an online game in a couple of weeks that will hopefully go public via Twitch once I can persuade everyone playing what a good idea it is. :)

Jake Johnson

First Post
I agree that you can learn as a DM by watching/listening to podcasts. In their play-through of the Starter Set, the WoTC guys improvised table tents for keeping track of initiative. It's a simple thing, but I hadn't thought of it. I'm doing it now, though.

Agamon

Adventurer
Anyone know any discussion podcasts for 5e? Critical Wits is the only one I know of, and it's periodic at best.

I haven't heard an actual play RPG podcast that didn't make me want to slowly push a long sharp object into my ear. So I can't say I'm that big on those. :D

Tormyr

Hero
dungeonsmaster.com and 20ftradius.blogspot.com both do a weekly recounting of their Wednesday night Encounters sessions. They are finishing up Dead in Thay under the playtest rules. I imagine they will keep on going with the Adventurer's League. They do a podcast of the actual play session (which is a bit noisy because of the store) as well as going back over what happened in a separate podcast.

Pretend Wizards uses the last playtest packet - no word yet on whether they'll be switching to the finalized rule set, but a lot of the PCs are classes that aren't in Basic so I would assume they'd make the switch after the PHB release.

Seriously though, listen to Pretend Wizards. It's side-splittingly hilarious, and the DM starts off learning the system as he goes, so it's a good way to teach yourself the system as it existed at the end of the playtest packet. Plus if / when they convert to the finalized system, you'll be able to learn all the changes along with them.

smerwin29

Reluctant Time Traveler
Last edited:

Remove ads