D&D 5E 5E Survivor - Deities (Part X: Dawn War Deities)

De gustibus non disputandum est, and all that, but across several of these threads I find it shocking how widespread dislike there seems to be for anything with an edge or a hint of darkness. Cool and gothy goddesses always get mercilessly murderised so that the bland can triumph. 😿

Though didn't Takhisis win? I really don't understand how that happened considering the trends. o_O

Gradine

The Elephant in the Room (she/her)
Avandra 13
Bahamut 14
Corellon 15
Erathis 13
Kord 12
Melora 8
Moradin 16
Pelor 6
Raven Queen 7 - Not my favorite of the bunch, but definitely way cooler than most of these nerds
Sehanine 14

EzekielRaiden

Follower of the Way
De gustibus non disputandum est, and all that, but across several of these threads I find it shocking how widespread dislike there seems to be for anything with an edge or a hint of darkness. Cool and gothy goddesses always get mercilessly murderised so that the bland can triumph. 😿
Frankly, the vast majority of "edgy" deities in D&D are incredibly boring edgy. They're either cardboard cutout Saturday morning cartoon villains, pure sadists with no redeeming qualities, or allegedly morally complex but often just cashing out as "heroic 50% of the time and sadistic 50% of the time."

The Raven Queen is one of the few exceptions here....and you may have noticed, she's stuck around a lot longer than any of the villainous deities.

Though didn't Takhisis win? I really don't understand how that happened considering the trends. o_O
Because, as I understand it, Takhisis is actually interesting compared to most other evil deities, because she's clearly got a bigger picture going on. She's not just in it For The Evulz. She's got a plan, she pursues it, and she actually gets to succeed, at least for a little while. She's devious and powerful in a way that few can match.

CleverNickName

Limit Break Dancing
The Raven Queen is one of the few exceptions here....and you may have noticed, she's stuck around a lot longer than any of the villainous deities.
IMO, the lore from 4th Edition was some of the best ever written for the game, and the story of Nera, the Raven Queen is one of the best bits. Which is to say, I'm surprised she's stuck around as long as she has in this thread. 4E-related things usually get torched early and often.

dave2008

Legend
IMO, the lore from 4th Edition was some of the best ever written for the game, and the story of Nera, the Raven Queen is one of the best bits. Which is to say, I'm surprised she's stuck around as long as she has in this thread. 4E-related things usually get torched early and often.
Aren't these all 4e though?

Remove ads