A Candlekeep Mystery (IC)

FitzTheRuke

Legend
GM: Encounter: Black Dragon Agents vs Meenlocks in the Mossy Maze
MineMossMaze4.jpg

(General Features)
Difficult Terrain: Everywhere (Moss is heavy, terrain uneven)
Visibility: Dark (Underground); Obscured by moss (You can only see adjacent 5')
Name * AC * HP * Hit Dice * PasPrc * Spells * (Notes)
(PCs)
Argenti AC14 HP 31/31 THP 0/7 HD 4/4 PP13 SS 2/2
Cairn AC18 HP 35/43 THP 0/7 HD 4/4 PP13** 2W 1/1 AS 1/1
Crock Jon AC14 HP 15/36 THP 0/7 HD 4/4 PP12* SD 4/4
Ethian AC19* HP 10/27 THP 0/7 HD 4/4 PP16* PIns16 SS 4/4 3/3 CD 0/1
Hawthorne AC14 HP 25/31 THP 0/7 HD 4/4 PP17 PInv17 PIns15
Kaliban AC18* HP 35/35 THP 0/7 HD 4/4 PP10* PED 4/4 (d6's)
Meenlocks AC15 HP 37ea PP14*
-ML1 28/37; ML2 17/37; ML3 0/37 (dead); ML4 13/37;
GM: End Round Three; Begin Round Four
 

log in or register to remove this ad

Kobold Stew

Last Guy in the Airlock
Crock Jon cxontinues to hold on to the Meenlock, keeping it away from his employers, wherever they may be. He just can't get a good punch in, though.

OOC: DC 11 Wis save 1d20+0=17. Pass
Automatic Grapple damage: 1d4=1 again (notes wrong, obv).

Attack:1d20+6=11 Miss.

One point damage.
 



Neurotic

I plan on living forever. Or die trying.
Cairn moves through Argenti, shoves slightly Ethian aside and pushes by passive meenlock until such time he gets behind it. He raises his hands, but waits for either Ethian or meenlock to snap out of their paralysis.

Move: AK10
Action: Ready maul attack when either meenlock reactivates (passes his save, gets damaged or whatever) or the round passes - both fail their saves
Attack vs meenlock; potential advantage; damage: 1D20+6 = [15]+6 = 21
1D20+6 = [3]+6 = 9
2D6+4 = [5, 1]+4 = 10

The idea is to give Ethian time to un-paralyze
 

DEFCON 1

Legend
Supporter
"Crock Jon is still out there, Kaliban... you with me?" Hawthorne says, as they are moving through the dark tunnels of the cave searching for Crock Jon. "If you want to head back, tell me now..."

OOC: Unless Kaliban wants to go back to the group (in which case they can go back to rejoin the other three), Hawthorne will continue moving south doing a double move... taking the right fork (from his perspective) towards AQ18 and going as far as possible to try and get to around to where Crock Jon is. If the tunnel ends in a dead end, then he will backtrack to take the left fork (AT18).
 

FitzTheRuke

Legend
Having paralyzed Ethian, the meenlock cut the elf free of the rope with his pincers. Argenti was sure that it would try to carry him off if she couldn't stop it.

Hawthorne led Kaliban to the right, pushing his way through some thick moss until they came to what looked like a wide crossroads. Moss was thick on the ground, which sank down into a roughly circular basin-shape. There were two ways forward: Immediately to their right, a tunnel exited the basin low, nearly covered by moss, going deeper into the ground. Across the basin, a tunnel set high in the wall would take them to the north-west. To get there, they would have to cross the dubious-looking waist-high moss and climb. Neither option was particularly appealing.

Crock Jon continued to struggle with his opponent. There was a sharp pain in his leg, and he glanced down to find a pincer holding it tight. Another sharp pain and his arm was also held. He suddenly realized that he was now fighting two meenlocks, and losing fast.

OOC: I assumed that Kaliban will keep following Hawthorne. Crock Jon takes 14 (1 HP left! & 2x dc11 Con saves vs paralasys!); @Leatherhead Argenti to go to roll.
 



Kobold Stew

Last Guy in the Airlock
Crock Jon struggles with the foul beast. He knows he is hurting. If only this means the others can escape its horrible clutches.

OOC: 2 x DC 11 con saves: 1d20+4 = 14 (pass) and 18 (pass).
Maybe that's also 2 rounds of auto damage from the grapple? if so 1d4 = 4 and 1 = 5. He'll make punching attempt too, if permitted: (do they need ongoing wis saves too? If so: 1d20+0 = 7 and 13 (fail, pass)
Attack with disadvantage round 1: 1d20+6=11. Miss. (accidentally rolled twice; discounting the second one).
Round 2 attack: 1d20+6=16 (hit) for 6 points damage (11 total).


Not sure if I understood what is happening; please redeploy rolls as needed...
 

FitzTheRuke

Legend
Not sure if I understood what is happening; please redeploy rolls as needed...
OOC: Not knowing what's happening is probably about right! (It's just that Crock Jon has been damaged by two meenlocks, who have a paralytic.) I haven't dropped out of rounds yet, though. Just waiting on Argenti to roll round... uh, whatever # we're on. I'll use your rolls at the top of next round, though.
 



Leatherhead

Possibly a Idiot.
Argenti was in a panic, everyone, even the enemy, had suddenly stopped moving, and there were too many voices to keep track of.
"I have to trust I heard you right, Carin." The genasi says as she drags Ethan's stiff body along the rope.

OOC: Sorry for keeping you waiting!
Dragging Ethan to square AN 10.
 

FitzTheRuke

Legend
Argenti pulled Ethian away from the suddenly slothful meenlock, who released him and stood twitching its antennae as Cairn shambled past it. She shook the elf, who stood in a stupor, a twisted expression of fear and confusion on his normally calm face.
 

FitzTheRuke

Legend
GM: Encounter: Black Dragon Agents vs Meenlocks in the Mossy Maze
MineMossMaze5.jpg

(General Features)
Difficult Terrain: Everywhere (Moss is heavy, terrain uneven)
Visibility: Dark (Underground); Obscured by moss (You can only see adjacent 5')
Name * AC * HP * Hit Dice * PasPrc * Spells * (Notes)
(PCs)
Argenti AC14 HP 31/31 THP 0/7 HD 4/4 PP13 SS 2/2
Cairn AC18 HP 35/43 THP 0/7 HD 4/4 PP13** 2W 1/1 AS 1/1
Crock Jon AC14 HP 1/36 THP 0/7 HD 4/4 PP12* SD 4/4
Ethian AC19* HP 10/27 THP 0/7 HD 4/4 PP16* PIns16 SS 4/4 3/3 CD 0/1 (Paralyzed)
Hawthorne AC14 HP 25/31 THP 0/7 HD 4/4 PP17 PInv17 PIns15
Kaliban AC18* HP 35/35 THP 0/7 HD 4/4 PP10* PED 4/4 (d6's)
Meenlocks AC15 HP 37ea PP14*
-ML1 28/37; ML2 17/37; ML3 0/37 (dead); ML4 13/37;
GM: End Round Four; Begin Round Five
 

DEFCON 1

Legend
Supporter
The waist-high moss would be difficult to push through, but Hawthorne's intention was always to try and circle around, rather than go deeper into the tunnels. He takes a deep breath, looks down at Kaliban, and says something as humorously as possible so as to try and not offend his much shorter ally. "We need that path on the far side. You okay with standing on my shoulders with weapon drawn as I try and push us through this green sludge?"

OOC: If Kaliban agrees to it, Hawthorne will reach down and lift the snirfneblin up and place him feet-first upon his shoulders, holding him in place with his hands. He will then try and cross the chamber, getting over to the passage at AJ20/21. If the opening is higher on the wall, he'll help Kaliban hoist himself up into the tunnel, then try and climb up himself (although I doubt I'll have enough movement available to do it this round.)
 

FitzTheRuke

Legend
If Kaliban agrees to it, Hawthorne will reach down and lift the snirfneblin up and place him feet-first upon his shoulders, holding him in place with his hands. He will then try and cross the chamber, getting over to the passage at AJ20/21. If the opening is higher on the wall, he'll help Kaliban hoist himself up into the tunnel, then try and climb up himself (although I doubt I'll have enough movement available to do it this round.)
OOC: Sounds good. Gimme an Athletics check and @VLAD the Destroyer Kaliban gimme an Acrobatics. DCs aren't terribly high, it'll mostly inform my description.
 

DEFCON 1

Legend
Supporter
The deep moss proves very difficult for Hawthorne to move through, and he curses silently to himself that he spent so much of his childhood indoors and not working on any of his physicality.

OOC: STR (Athletics) check: (9)-1=8
 


Dungeon Delver's Guide

An Advertisement

Advertisement4

Top