A Candlekeep Mystery (IC)

KahlessNestor

Adventurer
Ruznami Warmaker
Maerin/Bored Weasel
Day 20/Afternoon
Round 0

Ruznami opened up his notebook and dug out his supplies. Using his scribal skills, he made a perfect copy of Lukas’ map for the party, allowing the old man to keep his historical relic. Just in case they didn’t make it back and someone had to come looking for them.

“Thank you, sir,” the dwarf told the innkeeper.

Save:
Move:
Free Object Interaction:
Action:

Bonus Action:
Reaction: Opportunity Attack, Absorb Elements, Shield
  • Opportunity Attack:

Concentration:
Conditions:
Inspiration:

Ruznami
Initiative: +2
Perception: +0
Speed: 25
AC: 15
HP: 26/26 HD: 4/4d6+2

Archimedes (Owl familiar)
Initiative: +1
Perception: +3 Advantage, Darkvision 120
Speed: 60 (fly); 5 (walk)
AC: 11
HP: 1

Prepared Spells
Cantrips:
Blade Ward, Booming Blade, Fire Bolt, Lightning Lure
1) 4/4 Absorb Elements, Magic Missile, Protection from Evil and Good, Shield
2) 3/3 Arcane Lock, Mirror Image, Scorching Ray
Rituals
(1)
Alarm, Comprehend Languages, Detect Magic, Find Familiar, Identify
Spellbook
(1)
Absorb Elements, Alarm, Comprehend Languages, Detect Magic, Find Familiar, Identify, Magic Missile, Protection from Evil and Good, Shield
(2) Arcane Lock, Mirror Image, Scorching Ray

Leave flowers on the grave of Lukas Grosvenor’s wife Lorna.
Look for Lorna’s necklace in the hollow tree.

Hawthorne Grandview - male Human rogue inquisitive
Kaliban - male deep gnome psi-warrior

DEFCON 1

Legend
Supporter
When the passing on of information occurs and Hawthorne hears the stories of Grosvenor and Vorn, he acknowledges it with a nod.

"Excellent, thank you."

FitzTheRuke

Legend
On the evening before the morning when they planned to set out, Shedrick and Hawthorne went over the supplies that they had gathered: Warm clothing for all; hard camp bedding; two four-person tents; climbing gear; two shovels and a pickaxe; and enough rations for eighty man-days. Most of these supplies would be carried by Crock Jon, acting as porter. Shedrick would carry much of the rest, as his role had evolved into

Precious little coin remained in the Consortium's discretionary fund. It was now imperative that they found some sort of success on this mission. It was time to seize the day.

The agents set out early and began an arduous trek upward and northward, along an old road that was so badly maintained that they wandered off of it several times and had to find their way back. The journey was expected to take three days, but as they set up camp for their second evening, they had made less progress than they would have liked.

To make matters worse, on the third day it began to snow - a wet snow that covered the road (much of which was well overgrown) in a thin, slippery layer of slush. These conditions had not improved when they got to a place where the road had washed out (ten years ago or more). There was no way around. A high wall of brush-covered stone on the left, and a sixty-foot drop to a rockfall on the right. Only a narrow, crumbling strip remained of the road for a span of about fifty feet.

Crossing it would be dangerous, but necessary.

OOC: Please describe any precautions you'd like to take,or ingenious methods you come up with for getting across. Please throw in at least one, but no more than two ability checks of your choice (based on the stuff you chose to do). If you can't think of anything, just give me dex (acrobatics) to work your way across.

Kobold Stew

Last Guy in the Airlock
Supporter
Crock Jon takes off the packs and withdraws 50' of rope. It's enough, or almost enough, to reach across the chasm. He ties a bowline around his waist and offers the other end to anyone willing to give it a shot.

"A rope to hold'll help others cross. I anchor at this end, and someone goes across? We can tie it to you, and I'll catch you if you fall. Pull you back up."

He hopes that with someone anchoring the other end, a rope can be tied to make the crossing easier. He can also offer a safety line. "I'll go last, once you cross, and maybe you can catch me. In case."

OOC: Athletics (to hold anyone who falls and pull them up): 1d20+6=14.
Acrobatics (to make it across by himself at the end): 1d20+2=21.
(If you need or want more Athletics rolls, let me know).

Leatherhead

Possibly a Idiot.
"Thank you, Crock Jon." Argenti says while contemplating the crumbling path. "Though I don't think that rope to be quite long enough. Let me see if I can make up for the difference."

The warlock slowly extends her open palm in the air, as if straining against something solid. Following her motions, the stone and rocks along the crumbling path reshape and move themselves. Cracks fill in, small arches form, and when she is done the gap shrinks by a solid 10'.

After the dust settles, she beams a smile to the group. "I believe that should be enough to get a solid anchor point on both sides?"

OOC: Casting Mold Earth, twice, using it's third bullet point for an additional 10' of stable ground.

• If the dirt or stone you target is on the ground, you cause it to become difficult terrain. Alternatively, you can cause the ground to become normal terrain if it is already difficult terrain. This change lasts for 1 hour.
It's a bit of a loose interpretation, but worth a shot.

Acrobatics : 1D20+2 = [6]+2 = 8
Unfortunately, it looks like she might need Croc Jon's help sooner rather than later :)

KahlessNestor

Adventurer
Ruznami Warmaker
Mountain Road
Day 23/Afternoon
Round 0

Ruznami considered the ruined road problem as Crock Jon got set up with the rope, and Argenti crafted a few extra feet of ledge.

“We’ve got a climbing kit,” the dwarf mused. “We could secure this end with a piton. The kit’s got a harness, and I’ve extra rope, too. Then Archimedes could fly the other end of the rope to the other side. If Argenti could go into her locket, Archimedes could bring her with, and she could secure the other end of the rope. That would make a little rope bridge, with two ropes, one for hands, one for feet. If we have more rope, we could even put up a safety rope behind. With the harness, if someone fell, they wouldn’t fall far, no more than 25 feet. Can Argenti bring anyone into her amulet with her? That could even reduce the need for ropes and dangerous crossings at all.”

General Intelligence check for engineering: 1D20+3 = [14]+3 = 17

Save:
Move:
Free Object Interaction:
Action:

Bonus Action:
Reaction: Opportunity Attack, Absorb Elements, Shield
  • Opportunity Attack:

Concentration:
Conditions:
Inspiration:

Ruznami
Initiative: +2
Perception: +0
Speed: 25
AC: 15
HP: 26/26 HD: 4/4d6+2

Archimedes (Owl familiar)
Initiative: +1
Perception: +3 Advantage, Darkvision 120
Speed: 60 (fly); 5 (walk)
AC: 11
HP: 1

Prepared Spells
Cantrips:
Blade Ward, Booming Blade, Fire Bolt, Lightning Lure
1) 4/4 Absorb Elements, Magic Missile, Protection from Evil and Good, Shield
2) 3/3 Arcane Lock, Mirror Image, Scorching Ray
Rituals
(1)
Alarm, Comprehend Languages, Detect Magic, Find Familiar, Identify
Spellbook
(1)
Absorb Elements, Alarm, Comprehend Languages, Detect Magic, Find Familiar, Identify, Magic Missile, Protection from Evil and Good, Shield
(2) Arcane Lock, Mirror Image, Scorching Ray

Leave flowers on the grave of Lukas Grosvenor’s wife Lorna.
Look for Lorna’s necklace in the hollow tree.

Hawthorne Grandview - male Human rogue inquisitive
Kaliban - male deep gnome psi-warrior

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases