• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

A Night at the Four Seasons (DM: renau1g, Judge:Ozymandias79)

BenBrown

First Post
Kaeysari winces at the poison, and her natural (or possibly supernatural) defenses start to kick in. "These people. . ." she gasps. "There's something. . . fuzzy. . . not there. . . ethereal about them. I don't know that we can hit them." She lashes out with her glaive at the scorpion in front of her.
"Mighty Palladys, aid me," she calls out to the heavens, and her body straightens with renewed vigor.[sblock=actions]10 damage from poison
Minor: Longtooth Shifting
Standard: Footwork Lure: 1d20+10=13 Presumably this is a miss. If not, 2d4+7+2=14 damage, Kaeysari steps back into I14, The scorpion is slid two squares into J15 and knocked prone. Either way, Scorpion is marked.
Move->Minor: Healing Word for 11+1d6=2 hit points.

Save vs. Poison/slow: 1d20+2=8
Save vs. confusion: 1d20=8
The dice are not with me today.[/sblock][sblock=Kaeysari stat block]Kaeysari Female Longtooth Shifter Fighter 4
Initiative: +4, Passive Perception: 20, Passive Insight: 15, Senses: Low-light
AC:21, Fort:19, Reflex:16, Will:16
HP:18/46, Bloodied:23, Surge Value:11, Surges left:6/10
Action Points: 1, Second Wind: unused
+2 to saving throws against poison or effects that render Kaeysari weakened, slowed, or immobilized.
Powers: Cleave, Footwork Lure, Pass Forward, Covering Attack, Dance of Steel, Longtooth Shifting, Villain's Menace, Healing Word Staggering Glaive (Daily)

Conditions:
ongoing 10 poison damage/slowed
confused
bloodied
longtooth shifting (regen 2 when bloodied, +2 to damage)
[/sblock]

Iron Sky

Procedurally Generated
Phoenix looks at the flaming dragon and her eyes light up - literally.

"I wonder what it would take to get one of those as a pet," she says to herself as she moves closer to it and detonates a blast of bright red fire around it. When that has no effect, she frowns and tries again, enveloping the dragon in a blue-white detonation of flame that blasts the Eladrin off the dragon's back.

"My fire did nothing to it? Now I really want one." Her eyes glow as she stares up at it - again, literally.

[sblock=Actions]Move: Move to F13.
Standard: Orbmasters Incendiary Detonation(Burst 1 in 10, centered on E23, right in front of the Eladrin): 1d20+10=16 Ref vs Eladrin 1, miss 1d20+10=12 Ref vs Dragon, presumably miss. If it isn't somehow, 1d6+11=12 fire damage(ignores resist) and the Dragon is knocked prone(i.e. falls).
AP: Freezing Burst(Burst 1 in 10, centered on E23, right in front of the Eladrin): 1d20+10=28 Ref vs Eladrin 1, hit, 1d20+10=Nat1 vs Dragon. 1d6+11=12(reroll due to Evocation Apprentice): 1d6+11=15 fire damage vs Eladrin 1(ignores resist) and shift Eladrin 1 off the dragon to F23(save vs falling?). He can probably hover like the other one, bit it's worth a shot :p
Minor: -

Immediate Actions:
1) If an enemy hits Phoenix's AC or Reflex and would miss if Phoenix's AC/Ref was 4 higher, she triggers Shield as an Immediate Interrupt, gaining +4 AC/Ref TENT.
2) Otherwise, if she is hit by an enemy within 10 squares, she triggers Infernal Wrath, dealing 1d6+6 fire damage(ignores resist) to them.

[sblock=Phoenix's Statblock]Phoenix, Female Tiefling Mage 4
Passive Perception: 18, Passive Insight: 18
AC: 18, Fort:16, Reflex:19, Will:17, Resist Fire 7 -- Speed:6
HP:31/36, Bloodied:13, Surge Value:9, Surges left:7/8
Initiative +3, Action Points: 0
MBA: +6 AC, 1d4+4 fire damage. RBA: Range 20, 8 fire damage.

Powers: Magic Missile, Freezing Burst, Arc Lightning, Infernal Wrath, Orbmaster's Incendiary Detonation, Color Spray, Shield, Second Wind, Flaming Sphere, Flaming Dagger, Cloak of Resistance
Notes: Phoenix does not provoke OAs for Ranged or Area attacks. Phoenix's attacks ignore fire resistance. Phoenix gains +1 to hit against bloodied foes.
[/sblock][/sblock]

Last edited:

OOC: [MENTION=54810]renau1g[/MENTION], I counted like this:
First move: Q5-Q7; P8-P10;
Second move: P11-P13; O14-O15; P16

I avoided all the rocks. Are those little dunes difficult terrain too?

renau1g

First Post
[sblock=Metavoid]
There are some DT spots, marked with little trianges on them (ex. O13, or Q16). BTW it was tremendously difficult to find a desert map. You'd think with Dark Sun coming out last year and having the maps in its sample adventure, the published module, and two dragon adventures there'd be something, but no everything's done with tiles.[/sblock]

JoeNotCharles

First Post
"Juna preserve me, there are enemies everywhere!" Tarkus cries as he slashes about with his mace. But one of the enemies clearly stands out as the biggest threat - the giant scorpion which rained poision down on his ally. Tarkus regains some of his discipline and forces himself to stand still, ignore the nearer foes, and concentrate on the enemy. He raises his holy symbol and silver flame blossoms around both the scorpion and Kaeysari. The scorpion writhes in pain, but Kaeysari feels the flame as a soothing coolness. But one of the phantasms swoops towards Tarkus and he ducks, his concentration flatering, and the flame dies before it can do any subtantial harm or healing.

The cleric's call to Juna has been answered, however, as he feels new strength pour through him. He draws himself up again and calls out, "Holy Juna, we have been kidnapped away, transported against our will and now we our lives are threatened, though we have done nothing to deserve it. This is unjust! Juna, watch over your servants as they fight against this injustice. Send us what aid you can that we may defeat the enemies that beset us and keep them from tricking other innocents as they have tricked us!"

In response, the ground trembles and a shaft of silver light erupts from it, then another. Within each shaft a figure forms: tall and fair, armoured in brilliant silver, with wings of gleaming metallic feathers. Their faces are serene and unhumanly beautiful. But they bear no weapons, only shields. Clear metallic voices echo across the battlefield, although their lips do not move and their faces remain impassive.

"We are servants of Juna the Righteous. We have been sent to observe this trial."

The second voice is deeper. "We cannot interfere, but we give what succor we can."

The first speaks again, high and clear, like the ringing of a bell. "Be strong against your foes. Know that Juna is watching. Fight well, mortals!"

As the clear voice echoes through his head, the fog around Tarkus clears and the phantasms fade away. "Thank you, Goddess," he whispers.

[sblock=OOC]

Standard: Sacred Flame on Scorpion (1d20+6=14, 1d6+5=6) (Forgot confusion: Confusion (1d20=9). Attack IS at the Scorpion. Whew.) If that hits, 6 damage and Kaeysari can immediately roll a save, but I assume it doesn't.
Minor: Healing Word on myself: Heal 7 + Healing Word (1d6+4=5) = 12 hp, and +2 power bonus to all defenses until end of next turn
Move -> Minor: Angelic Witnesses: summon 2 angels in O23 and K16. They occupy their squares, and whenever an ally adjacent to an angel spends a healing surge they regain an extra 4 hp.
Saving Throw: Saving Throw (1d20+1=12) No longer confused.

I chose the positions of the angels assuming they can flank. If they can't, I'll summon the O23 angel at I19 instead. Kaeysari, if having the angel in your way ruins your plans, I'll put it somewhere else - my thought was that if you retreat out of its reach, the scorpion can't advance westwards anymore. (I assume it has reach 2.)

(Note that on IC that I originally planned to use Divine Fortune before Angelic Witnesses, to get 3 angels and a +1 to my save. But I remembered just before I posted that I can only use one Channel Divinity per encounter, and I'd rather save it for Healer's Mercy. If the DM decides it's too late to change my mind after rolling my save, I'll summon a 3rd angel at I19 and have used Divine Fortune.)
[/sblock]

[sblock=L4W Tarkus the Crusader]
Init: +0 Speed: 5 Perception:15 Insight: 20
AC: 18 20 Fort: 14 16 Ref: 13 15 Will: 18 20
HP: 22/31 Surges: 6/9 Surge Value: 7 AP: 1
Str:13 Con:14 Dex:8 Int:13 Wis:18 Cha:14

Powers:
Gaze of Defiance
Astral Seal
Sacred Flame
Second Wind
Exacting Utterance
Channel Divinity: Divine Fortune
Channel Divinity: Healer's Mercy
Healing Word
Healing Word
Font of Tears
Angelic Witnesses
Rune of Mending
Symbol of Resilience
Hero's Chainmail
[/sblock]

Darksteed

First Post
*Kauldron's eyes grow wide as he spot the scorpions that grow to massive proportions.*

Aye, you be a big one indeed.

*Kauldron quickly brings up his shield to deflect the scorpions massive tail. Stepping in after the blow to his shield. Holy flame ignites over his shield, super heating it quickly. Slamming the shield into the scorpion he brands that it with the mark of his god. He follows it up with a quick slash of his blade. Kauldron calls out over the battle field, speaking in a tone so that he could be heard by all.*

THOSE WITH BLADES, SURROUND THE MASSIVE SCORPION! THOSE THAT CAN SHOOT, KILL THE WINCH THAT STARTED THIS OFF! FOCUS YOUR POWER TOGETHER! OTHERWISE WE WILL BE LOST TO THEIR OVERWHELMING ONSLAUGHT! WORK TOGETHER AND WE WILL BE VICTORIOUS!

[sblock=Actions]Move: Move to R22.

Minor: Divine Challenge
-Target: Large Monstrous Scorpion (Q23)
-Effect: Target is subject to Kauldron's Divine Sanction until the end of his next turn.
-Divine Sanction: Creatures are Marked taking a -2 penalty to attack rolls if they target another character other then Kauldron. As well as take 10 RADIANT damage if they target another character other then Kauldron.

Standard: Enfeebling Strike
-Target: Large Monstrous Scorpion (Q23)
-Attack: +9 vs. AC (28 vs. AC)
-Damage: 1d8+6 damage (8 damage). If Kauldron marked the target, it takes a –2 penalty to attack rolls until the end of his next turn.[/sblock]

[sblock=Kauldron] Goblin Tactics Trigger - Immediate Reaction to the First Enemy that misses Kauldron with a melee attack, shift 1 into a better flanking position.

Kauldron- Male Goblin Paladin 4
Passive Perception: 12, Passive Insight: 12

Normal - AC:23, Fort:18, Reflex:18, Will:17
Vs. Charm – AC:25, Fort:20, Reflex:20, Will:19
Vs. Fear – AC:25, Fort:20, Reflex:20, Will:19
Vs. Psychic - AC:25, Fort:20, Reflex:20, Will:19

Speed:5

HP:47/47, Temp HP:
Bloodied:23, Surge Value:11, Surges left:7/12

Powers-
Divine Challenge
Enfeebling Strike
Goblin Tactics
Virtuous Strike

Action Point [ ]
Call to Challenge [ ]
Channel Divinity [ ]
Javelin [ ] [ ]
Second Wind [ ]
Strength from Valor [ ]
Valorous Smite [ ]

Lay on Hands [ ]
Majestic Halo [ ]
Symbol of Brawn [ ]
[/sblock]

Last edited:

Mewness

First Post
OOC: Did the eladrin that Phoenix targeted actually fall off the dragon?

Papolstaanas is actually pretty good at getting things out of the air, as long as they're no more than 5 squares up. See Lodestone Lure, aug 1.

Remove ads