A Paid Trip to Spellhold [D&D 4e]

Velmont

First Post
[SBLOCK=OOC]As I was planning to do, I would have activated my Preservation Heavy Shield daily power while we where under deck. From the center of the slave room, a close burst 5 would have affected anyone below deck, whihc mean each slaves, Chizz, Asterion and Cliff would have 11 thp.

Is that fine with you?[/SBLOCK]

Cliff shouts "My name is Cliff, I am a servant of Ilmater." as he tells that, his body starts to shed some light, giving him an angelic aura "And I am here to correct a situation. Today is the last day where Kumar will be the captain of this ship. He took by blood and he will lose it by blood too. Anyone who drop his weapon and stay out of this fight will be spared! Our fight is not against you."

Cliff then look at the dwarf right in his eyes. "That offer doesn't concern you!" And then CLiff charge the dwarf

[SBLOCK=OOC]Minor: Angelic Aura. I shed bright light at 6 squares around me and enemies takes -2 penalty to attack. That last until bloodied.

Standard: Ardent Strike vs AC on Dwarf (1d20+10=25, 1d8+5=12) Moving to K9 and charging. If it hit, 12 damage and the dwarf is under my divine sanction.[/SBLOCK]

On Puget Sound

First Post
Chizz says to the two slaves behind him, You two stay close behind me. Let's go!
MINOR: hunter's quarry on dwarf.
MOVE: to J9, slaves 5 and 2 to J8 and J7. Chizz points to Kumar's cabin door.

For your lives and freedom, keep that door closed! Block it, spike it, lock it or hold it. Keep Kumar inside while we deal with his men.

Chizz weaves his two knives in an intricate pattern, distracting the dwarf so he can get a blade past his defenses. The katar lays a long but shallow gash along the dwarf's arm.

STANDARD: duelist's flurry (allows sneak attack damage even without CA)
d20+9 = 28, for 18 damage.

ACTION POINT? If it seems that the slaves would be unable to secure the cabin door, but that my skills might, I will spend my action point to use thievery skill. I don't want to waste the action point if it seems the slaves can hold the door, or if it seems I won't be able to do any better than they do. I have inspected this door earlier, though perhaps not from right next to it.

Last edited:

Pyrex

First Post
[sblock=OOC]
Do you want us to roll initiative or do you want us to just post actions?

I don't know as any of us have powers that make the difference relevant, but shouldn't those of us on the upper deck have Cover instead of Concealment?
[/sblock]

"Sandy, get that one* before he gets to the ballista! Taran, prepare to fire!"

*Lochlan points to P4 @ G12

Move Action: Wind up the ballista.

Standard Action: Storm of Spirit Shards, centered on P2
Attack: (1d20+13=21, 1d20+13=26, 1d20+13=18)
21 vs AC: D @ K10
26 vs AC: P2 @ L10
18 vs AC: P1 @ M11

Damage: (1d4+2d6+5=12) [6 damage on a miss]

Conditional: If any of the above attacks missed, I will trigger Inevitable Shot. If that happens, I'll then spend an action point.

With a bellow, Asterion rushes up to the dwarf, brandishing his maul high in the air. The bull's heavy armor glimmers in the moonlight.

"You foul creature, you've preyed on the weak for too long! For Boulder! For Asterion! For all those who bowed to you in fear!"

Asterion swings his maul at the dwarf's head, and a blast of radiant energy erupts from the head of the hammer and swallows up two of the other pirates.

[sblock=Actions]Move: K4 to K9

Standard: Rune of the Undeniable Dawn (close burst 3) vs enemies D,P1, and P2.
Roll: 26,26,23 vs. AC Roll Lookup
For the ones that hit, I deal 17 damage each. http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/2576900/
Effect: A close burst 3 from my current position becomes a zone. While within the zone, allies and I gain a +2 power bonus to all defenses. This ability is a sustain-minor.[/sblock]

[sblock=Asterion Quick Reference]
HP: 40/40 Surges: 12/12
AC: 21 Fort: 16 Ref: 13 Will: 15
[sblock=Powers]
Ferocity
Word of Shielding
Word of Diminishment

Goring Charge
Rune of Mending (2/2)
Flames of Purity
Word of the Blinding Shield
Immunizing Armor (Item)

Rune of the Undeniable Dawn
Shield of Sacrifice
Quick Weapon (Item)
[/sblock]
[/sblock]

[sblock=Immediate Interrupt]The first time an enemy within 5 squares of me attacks an ally of mine, I'll use Word of the Blinding Shield as an Immediate Interrupt, then shift into Rune of Destruction as a free action. The text of the move is as follows.

[sblock=Word of the Blinding Shield]
Immediate Interrupt - Close burst 5
Trigger: An enemy makes an attack roll against your ally.
Target: The triggering enemy in burst.
Attack: Strength + Fortitude (you can roll for me if this is the case).
Hit: The target is blinded until the end of its turn.
Rune of Destruction: The target also takes radiant damage equal to your Con modifier (4).

This will also put me into Rune of Destruction mode, which gives allies a +1 bonus to attack rolls against enemies adjacent to me.[/sblock][/sblock]

Last edited:

Herobizkit

Adventurer
Sandy's eyes widened. "W-what? Me?!" His heart started to race and his stomach churned lightly. He thought he could taste bile in his throat. This would be the first time he had ever been called to a direct confrontation with killers.

Sandy pulled his bandore from his back and began to play...

[sblock=Actions]First, let me preface by saying that I have never played 4e prior to this PbP. Let me add that I am not a strong tactical thinker - I'm a role-player. That said, if I understand my power and rolls correctly:

At-Will: Misdirected Mark at P2
Attack: 1d20+4=24 vs Reflex, Damage = 1d8+3 = 11 for a crit?

Also, I don't know if Taran or Lochlan have any marks, but if they do, one of them gets to mark P2 for free.[/sblock] *edit* After reading Puget's description, Sandy would choose Taran as the target of his mark.

Last edited:

On Puget Sound

First Post
actually, it doesn't matter if they have any marking powers. You just choose any ally, and your target is marked by that ally (gets -2 to any attacks that don't include that ally). Often, an ally whom the target can't easily reach is chosen, essentially guaranteeing a -2. Or an ally who might want to be struck at, such as someone with a power that responds to an attack with an immediate action. The mark you place with misdirected mark replaces any mark that was previously on the target, and it is just a simple mark, not a Divine Sanction or whatever, even if the ally you assign it to has those kinds of marking powers.

Durlak

First Post
OCC: [sblock] AFAIU Voda says it takes a move action from EACH of us to fire the ballista so there's no way Taran can make it alone[/sblock]

Taran throws fire seed to the pirate who's in the upper deck and moves to G9

[sblock] 1d20+7=23, 1d6+1=2 if hit then 2 damage plus the effect that says in the text.
[sblock]Hit: 1d6 fire damage, and the squares adjacent
to the target become a fiery zone that lasts until
the end of your next turn. Any enemy that enters
the zone or starts its turn there takes fire damage
equal to your Wisdom modifier (+4).[/sblock][/sblock]

Voda Vosa

First Post
Sorry should have told you that it requires three move actions. So if you spend your standard on it you'll just need one more move action to fire it.

Pyrex

First Post
OOC: I should have been clearer. My though was that since it takes 3 move actions to fire, we'd just take turns using move actions. I just meant that since you've got ranged attacks you should use your move to continue winding it up. :)

Voda Vosa

First Post
OOC: Somehow enworld swallowed half my post.... I'll try to retype it...

Cliff charges the dwarf surrounded in a divine aura, and delivers a potent blow.

Chizz advances as well, and places a good cut under the dwarf's defenses. The slaves he commanded hold the door shut, but the captain is apparently awake, as he pummels the door from the other side.

Lochlan winds the ballista towards the deck. After that he unleashes spirits that cut the flesh out of the pirates' bodies. However, the dwarf moves out of harm's way.

Asterion stomps thorugh the battlefield and creates a crackling blast of divine energy over the dwarf that washes away the two pirates standing next to him. Their corpses twitch helplessly.

Sandy fools the pirate next to him, scoring a hit, and making the pirate think Lochlan hit him.

Taran furthers harms the pirate throwing some enchanted seeds over him, creating a fiery zone around the helpless lad.

Salashan in turn grunts and draws a wicked looking broadsword that he uses against Cliff. However the shifter aura prevents him from scoring. He barks order to the pirates in frustration. “Kill’em ALL! Ah knew that mage would betray us!”

The pirates try to comply, one of them, a fat a bald man, strikes Chizz on the right arm with his rapier.
The one next to the ballista, a mere boy of not more than 17 years, tries to slick Taran’s throat with a dagger, but the burning seeds, Lochlan’s spirits swirling around and the false mark from Sandy are enough to spoil his aim.
Two of the pirates charge against the slaves, but just one, a half orc with an eye patch strikes true with a brutal slash.
The pirates from the upper deck use their short bows on a poor slave, who is pelted with arrows.
Two more pirates and two more slaves run from below.

Kumar’s door trembles with another blow from the captain.

[sblock= Battle]
Door will remain locked until round 3 if the slaves continue there and not attack.
Also: Sandy’s attack should be +5 not +4, and yes, when critic, use full dmg instead of the roll
Taran’s attack dmg is +5 not +1.
All: Could you list your defenses and HP in your next post?
Also, please move your tokens yourselves on the map. I placed Asterion next to cliff, since both have chosen the same location on their move actions.
Lochlan can use inevitable attack, but he must target a pirate and I thought it was a waste of an action point for just a ranged basic. But it’s up to you.
Conditions:
Cliff: Marked by Salashan
Chizz: -3
Asterion
Lochlan
Sandy
Taran
Slave 2: 14/25
Pirate 4: 2/25 Marked by Lochlan
Salashan de Dwarf: -47 Divine sanction by Cliff

Unlocked Enemies Info:
Pirates: HP:25 AC: 17
Attk: +6 for 1d6+2
Dwarf: AC 24
Attk: +15 for 1d10+9
The map is here, use it, move your tokens around, etc. Battle over the Ship MAP
Salashan Roll Lookup
Pirates Roll Lookup

[sblock= Important Battle Information, please read]
Any nearby PC can command slaves, I’ll do the rolling of the slaves, so just spell out the commands you wish them to perform.

2 more armed slaves will appear each round from the stairs until number 20 slave has appeared.

2 more pirates will appear each round from the stairs until number 12 pirate has appeared.

The big square In the middle is the main post.

Going up the stairs is difficult terrain so each stairs square takes 2 normal move squares.

Characters standing on the edge of high deck gain a +2 to ranged attacks vs characters on lower deck, and gain concealment vs ranged attacks from low deck attackers.

Standing anywere but the edge of the high deck grants superior conealment from attackers from the other deck. This is true for characters on the lower and on the higher deck. (So the dwarf gets sup. Concealment vs Sandy and Taran, and they too have concealment vs him. Lochlan has +2 attack vs the dwarf, and concealment vs his ranged attacks, whereas the dwarf gets no bonus against Lochlan’s attacks.)

I8 is the entrance to the captain’s cabin. It’s currently closed.

To disable the ballista permantly would take a minor action from the three characters around it. Firing it would take a move action from each of them. The ballista has a ranged attack of +10 vs Ref for 2d8 points of dmg. It has an inherent -4 to attack (plus the cover) people in the lower deck, but can target normally people on the higher deck and the stairs.

The borders of the ship can be used like a “trap”. If someone pushes a character to a square of water, the pushed character falls to the freezing waters and takes 10 dmg each round it remains in it. Characters can use the Rope stairs to climb up, but it would require a successful swim check (DC 15 for each move action used to reach the square adjacent) and a successful climb check (DC 10) to climb up. Minor NPC will instantly die, but bosses will use those rules to climb up again.
[/sblock]
[/sblock]

Last edited:

Remove ads