• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

D&D General A paladin just joined the group. I'm a necromancer.

Status
Not open for further replies.

FrogReaver

As long as i get to be the frog
Does the DM need RAW to do things?

You're saying I (as DM) cant do something. Provide me with the rule that says I cant.

You're the one making the argument. Back it up please with the rule.

If you don't have a rule for the things you do then you must not be playing by raw

If you don't have a rule for the things you do then you must not be playing by raw

No, you're the one saying there is a rule somewhere in the PHB that I CANT change a PCs alignment.

Where is this rule?

If there is no such rule, then I cant be contravening RAW can I? The essence of 5E is for the DM to come up with answers in cases where the rules are silent. Rulings, not rules etc. This is referenced in many places in the PHB, granting me the power (as DM) to change a PCs alignment.

If the rules are silent on this point, then I can do it. By RAW.

Thank you. So if the rules are Silent about a DM being able to allow players to frequently summon undead while still being good then he can do it by RAW?

But they arent silent. In fact they expressly state that only evil casters frequently animate the dead with necromancy.

As has been pointed out to you a billion times.

Not that it matters. A DM can ignore that if he wants to like he can ignore, implement or change any rule.

FrogReaver

As long as i get to be the frog
But they arent silent. In fact they expressly state that only evil casters frequently animate the dead with necromancy.

As has been pointed out to you a billion times.

Not that it matters. A DM can ignore that if he wants to like he can ignore, implement or change any rule.

But there isn't a rule saying that can't be ignored. Thus it's still RAW to ignore it. Just like you and changing alignments...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Remove ads