• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

A question on ECL.

Corwyn

First Post
I'm creating a campaign and I wanted to feature the genasi and like planar races.
Changed a few things and wondering if they are still worth the +1 ecl.

The genasi :

Air
Dex +2, Int +2, Wis –2, Cha –2
Size same as base race
Speed same as base race
Darkvision 60 feet
Levitate (sp) once per day cast as a 5th level Sorcerer.
+1 bonus on all saving throws versus air spells and effects per 5 levels
Breathless : they don’t breath so they don’t suffer any negative effects that go with this.
Favoured class : rouge, wizard

Str +2, Con +2, Wis –2, Cha -2
Size same as base race
Speed same as base race
Darkvision 60 feet
Pass without a trace (sp) once per day cast as a 5th level druid.
+1 bonus on all saving throws versus earth spells and effects per 5 levels
Because of their close affinity to the earth they receive a +2 bonus on checks involving things from the earth (just like dwarves) and also the natural direction sense underground.
Favoured class : fighter

Int +2, Cha –2
Size same as base race
Speed same as base race
Darkvision 60 feet
+1 bonus on all saving throws versus fire spells and effects per 5 levels .
Control flame (sp) once per day a fire genasi can cause a non magical fire within 10 feet of them to diminish to the level of coals or flare to he brightness of daylight and double the normal radius of its illumination. This ability does not change the heat output or fuel consumption of the fire source, last 5 minutes.
Immune to non magical fire
Favoured class : wizard

Con +2, Wis +2, Int -2, Cha –2
Size same as base race
Speed same as base race, swim speed 30 feet
Darkvision 60 feet
+1 bonus on all saving throws versus water spells and effects per 5 levels.
Create Water (sp) once per day cast as a 5th level druid
Water genasi breathe water as en extraordinary ability
Favoured class : druid, cleric

The asimar and the tiefling weren't changed that much but I did remove the native outsider part of the races I believe this made them immune to spell effects like charm person and hold person and such.

So the question is should I Stick that back on, or was I mistaken and wouldn’t that give them those immunities. Or should I give them some extra powers to make up for the loss so that they would still be ecl +1 ???

Remove ads