A Return to the Tavern

D

D'win

The apperence of the woman went unnoticed, even though she just appered. She was old, ancient even, and she finally looked it. She was weathered, with wrinkles around her eyes and her hair was limp looking and had white and silver in it. Her hands however were still young and very quick, flicking as if they were reaching or writing.

Quietly she walked to the bar and ordered fruits and a glass of their oldest elven wine. Taking the order she looked and found a seat at a table close to the fireplace and sat down, facing the door. After she had settled down she pulled out a book, which looked even older then her and quietly began to write. Those who sat near the table would have had to strain to hear the scratching of the quill, but there was no sound from it. 'I sit waiting for one who is far younger then me, but has the knowleage of one my age. Hopefully this reunion goes well.'

She kept writing and also began to eat her meager meal. Taking a sip of the wine she grimaced. "Augh, this tastes horrible, not nearly as sweet as I remember." Settling the glass down she went back to her writing and her waiting.

E

eriwoj

As yet another patron enters, a white eagle with glinting gold beak and talons glides in and circles the table where an old woman sits writing. It glided down gently and landed on the table. In one talon, it held a black steal chain. From the chain hung a familiar red gem.

D

D'win

D'win looked up from her writing to see Lech sitting in front of her, holding a necklace. Not paying close attention to the bird she wrote a few lines more in her book and carefully closed it and returned it to its proper place.

Looking around the room D'win expected to see Lech's friend and mistress, Silxa, carefully walk through the door and towards the bird, but this did not happen. D'win then began to examine Lech closer, reaching for the necklace her hand and heart stopped. "It cant be! But it is, no don't let it be so!" Turning to the bird she spoke.
"Where did she leave you when she gave this to you? I must know! I need to know if my friend yet lives!"

As she spoke these words tears welled up in her eyes. She then dove for her bag and pulling it to table level she spilled the contents of it out. Breaking bottles of ink, sending paper everywhere, and causing her diner to hit the floor. Pausing she looked to Lech with pleading in her eyes. "If you can take me to her please do that. We might be the only two left."

Thus D'win began the frantic search through her books and tomes for anything that might mention her dear friend.

E

eriwoj

Lech cocked his head sideways at D'win's almost paniced response to his arrival. He took hold of the necklace in his beak and then ruffled his feathers to try to get her attention.

Remove ads