D&D General Adam Bradford, Lauren Urban, Todd Kenrick Leave D&D Beyond

They join lead writer James Haeck, who left a couple of weeks ago. Adam Bradford is the D&D...

They join lead writer James Haeck, who left a couple of weeks ago. Adam Bradford is the D&D Beyond co-founder, and VP of Tabletop Gaming at its owner, Fandom. Lauren Urban is DDB's Community Manager. Todd Kenrick is the company's Creative Manager.

D&D Beyond, launched in 2017, is currently owned by Fandom (previously known as Wikia), after it acquired the company in 2018 from previous owner Curse, a Twitch subsidiary.

DDBeyond.png

According to Cam Banks, creator of DDB owner Fandom's Cortex, all three received offers elsewhere which they could not turn down.

JRedmond

Explorer
Companies can't control if 3 people happen to give notice on the same day. There's no indication they were "let go".
Well yeah of course they can't I mean they could have asked them not do that or offer financial benefit to not do so. I was more saying if they were let go vs. they decided to quit. If they all three decided to quit on the same day that would highly unusual unless there was something going on and would make me more suspicious.

Whizbang Dustyboots

Gnometown Hero
Well yeah of course they can't I mean they could have asked them not do that or offer financial benefit to not do so. I was more saying if they were let go vs. they decided to quit. If they all three decided to quit on the same day that would highly unusual unless there was something going on and would make me more suspicious.
I want to work in your industry, where there's a cauldron of money to throw at problems. A lot of times, a better offer is one that your current employer simply can't top.

When I leave my current job, which I expect to happen before summer, it'll be for a combo of opportunities my current employer can't compete with, even if they had a cauldron of money (they do not) and a higher salary.

darjr

I crit!
So what little I know is that DnDBeyond has been growing REALLY fast. People are working their behinds off. But it seems they still love the job and the place.

but what do I know?

Remove ads

Remove ads