• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Adventure: A Fish Story (DM: BenBrown; Judge: renau1g)

taran

First Post
[sblock=ooc]Yikes, sorry guys. For some reason I thought I'd already acted this round.[/sblock]Talks-to-the-Moon edges away from Gluplik, taking a half-hearted swipe at the spawn that chased her. It's no surprise when she misses.[sblock=Actions]Standard: Magic Weapon the spawn, miss
Move: Shift to N12[/sblock]

BenBrown

First Post
Gluplik pushes his bulky form forward, and claws out at Eraden with both claws. One misses entirely, the other is deflected by the paladin's armor.

The man with the mace, seeing an opportunity, steps up behind Eraden and swings, missing wildly.

The spawn then move. The one that had previously attacked Talks-to-the-Moon claws at her again, cutting deep. The one that had previously attacked Abigail, now moves around and attempts to pull Dante into the water, but misses. The third, who was previously hidden, now pops out of the water, and claws at Abigail, its talons deflecting off her armor.

Some indistinct noise comes from behind the curtain, but that is all.

[sblock=actions]Lucius Hake--???

Priest--???

Gluplik--Move: to K10-L11, Standard: Two Claws vs. Eraden: (1d20+7=15, 1d20+7=10) both miss.

Guard X--Move: Shift to L13, Standard: Mace vs. Eraden: (1d20+4+2=7) miss.

Spawn 48--Standard: Claws vs. Talks-to-the-Moon: (1d20+8=25) 7 damage.

Spawn 63--Move: to O16, Standard: Pull Them In vs. Dante: (1d20+8=14) miss.

Spawn 73--Move: to O13, Standard: Claws vs. Abigail: (1d20+8=16) miss.[/sblock][sblock=terrain features]Small Rocks: count as difficult terrain

Large Rocks: provide cover to medium creatures and superior cover to small creatures. Can be climbed up on top of, taking an extra square of movement, and requiring a DC 12 athletics check.

Shallow Water: the light blue areas count as difficult terrain

Deep Water: the darker areas can't be moved in normally by creatures without a swim speed. To maneuver, make an athletics check (DC 12) to move half your speed. Deep water is also heavily obscured.

Current: the squares with the arrows indicate a current. At the end of their turn, any character in them will be slid in the direction of the arrows for two squares, or until they enter a square without an arrow.

Stepping Stones: the stepping stones allow normal passage both for people walking above the level of the water, and for those in the water. People in the squares upstream of the stepping stones (P15, Q15) can brace themselves against the current with a minor action, or can allow the current to carry them through.

Curtain: the curtain is of heavy brocade. It can be pulled back one square as a minor action, or as a move action a character can move three squares and pull it back the whole distance.[/sblock][sblock=status]Lucius Hake - ?? - No Hits Taken Last Known Position G17
Priest - ?? - No Hits Taken Last Known Position G17
Guard X - L13 - 37/37 Marked (abigail), Quarry (dante)
Gluplik - K10-L11 - No Hits Taken
Spawn 16 - M18 - 0/1 Dead
Spawn 30 - N14 - 0/1 Dead
Spawn 48 - N11 - 1/1
Spawn 56 - O17 - 0/1 Dead
Spawn 63 - O16 - 1/1
Spawn 75 - O13 - 1/1

Abigail - N13 - 11/27 (4/9) AP:0
Alastair - J14 - 24/24 (4/7) AP:1, concealed
Dante - N16 - 15/22 (2/6) AP:0
Virgil - N15 - 20/22 (0/2)
Eraden - L12- 19/28 (6/11) AP:1
Talks-to-the-Moon - Q12 - 5/29 (4/9) AP:0

Edith Sturgeon - ?? - 1/1 Last Known Position G17
[/sblock][sblock=map]
WeddingCaveRound3.gif
[/sblock][sblock=opponents]
Guards
AC:15 Fort:12 Ref:14 Will:12
:bmelee: Mace +4 vs. AC, 1d8+1

Priest
AC:16 Fort:14 Ref:14 Will:17
:bmelee: Quarterstaff +9 vs. AC, 1d8+1
[sblock=religion DC 15]The priest's vestments are a mockery of those of the priests of Netari. The symbols on his robe indicate his allegiance to dark powers of death and destruction.[/sblock]

Lucius Hake
AC:17 Fort:13 Ref:18 Will:14
:bmelee: Dagger +7 vs. AC, 1d4+3

Gluplik
AC:16 Fort:17 Ref:16 Will:16
:bmelee: Claw +7 vs. AC, 1d6+4
[sblock=nature DC 15]Oddly enough, this is not a creature from outside the bounds of the natural world. The ocean depths contain creatures just as many abominations of the far realm. OOC: Gluplik is a custom monster.[sblock=DC 20]Beware Gluplik's long grasping arms. He can grab you and tear you apart.[/sblock][/sblock]

Spawn
AC:17 Fort:11 Ref:15 Will:12
:bmelee: Claw +8 vs. AC, 7 damage
[sblock=nature DC 15]These unnatural looking creatures are not all that powerful, but are quite dangerous in the water. OOC: Gluplik's spawn are custom monsters.[sblock=DC 20]They lurk in the water, and will attempt to pull people in if they are too close to the edge.[/sblock][/sblock][/sblock]

Iron Sky

Procedurally Generated
Dante and Virgil hurry away from the water, taking wounds in the process, and flank the remaining guard. Once there, Dante's kama do their work, tearing into the guard heavily.

[sblock=Actions]Move action: Dante moves to L-14, Virgil moves to K-15.
OAs from Spawn 63:
Vs Virgil: 1d20+8 = 20, hit for 7 damage
Vs Dante: 1d20+8 = 19, hit for 7 damage
Standard: Twin-strike
Attack 1 vs Guard X: 1d20+7 = 27, crit for = 14 damage.
Attack 2 vs Guard X: 1d20+7 = 24, hit for 2d4 = 4 damage.[/sblock]

[sblock=Stats]Dante, Male Human Ranger 1
Passive Perception: 17, Passive Insight: 12
AC: 16, Fort:16, Reflex:15, Will:13 -- Speed:6
HP:8/22, Bloodied:11, Surge Value:5, Surges left:2/6
Initiative +3
Action Points: 0
Powers: Twin Strike, Predator Strike, Careful Attack, Second Wind, Off-Hand Strike, Jaws of the Wolf

Note: Dante makes an OA on any creature that makes a melee attack on Virgil as long as it OR Virgil are within reach 2. +7 vs. AC, 2d4+4 damage.

Virgil, Beast Companion(Lizard) 1
Passive Perception: 11, Passive Insight: 11
AC: 16, Fort:13, Reflex:13, Will:11 -- Speed:6
HP:13/22, Bloodied:11, Surge Value:5, Surges left:0/2
Initiative As Dante

Virgil's OA attacks: +7 vs. AC, 1d8+3 damage.[/sblock]

auberon

First Post
[sblock=Question to Ben]Do I have superior cover from Glupnik? Does he get cover from the rock as well? (ie, I'll take a penalty if I attack him)? [/sblock]

Last edited:

Eternal54

First Post
Eraden feels the presence of the gaurd behind him.
"Now you will know divine punishment" he says as he quickly turns his torso and slams his shield into him as he follows with his sword.

The attack cuts deep and Eraden feels his divine favor increase. He gives this blessing to Abagail, fortifying her for a short time. He tuns his attention back towards the monster infront of him as he shifts to the beast's side. "Let us see who will remain standing creature." Eraden taunts his foe.

[sblock=Actions]
Standard-Shielding Smite attck on gaurd X Hit for 15damage.
Abagail gains +2 bonus AC untill end of my next turn.
Move-Shift to K12
Minor-Divine Chalange Gully
[/sblock]

[sblock=Mini Stats]
Eraden:Half-Elf Paladin
Initiative: +0, Passive Perception: 12, Passive Insight: 19
AC: 20, For: 12, Ref: 13, Will: 16
HP: 25/28, Bloodied: 14, Surge Value: 7, Surges/Day: 6/11
Speed: 5 Squares, Languages: Common, Elven, Goblin
AP: 1, Second Wind: Used
Powers: Lay on Hands 0/2, Divine Challange, Bolstering Stike, Enfeebling strike, Channel Divinity: Devine Mettle or Divine Strength, Shielding Smite, Eyebite, Radiant Delirium
[/sblock]

BenBrown

First Post
[sblock=Question to Ben]Do I have superior cover from Glupnik? Does he get cover from the rock as well? (ie, I'll take a penalty if I attack him)? [/sblock]

[sblock=answer]If I understand this correctly, you get cover from him, but he gets no cover from you. Since he's off to the side, you don't get superior cover. If you weren't small, you couldn't get superior cover at all. I hope this makes sense. I'm still learning these rules as I go.[/sblock]

auberon

First Post
[sblock=answer]If I understand this correctly, you get cover from him, but he gets no cover from you. Since he's off to the side, you don't get superior cover. If you weren't small, you couldn't get superior cover at all. I hope this makes sense. I'm still learning these rules as I go.[/sblock]

[sblock=cover]Makes sense. Where can I move to get superior cover - I14? I want to get a stealth roll so I can pop Glup with combat advantage.[/sblock]

Wik

First Post
[sblock=ooc]
Don't really have time to go through IC right now (on my break), but my basic plan of attack is to use Luring Strike. Before the attack, she'll shift to N13 as a move action, and then mark Gluplik as a minor. Then she'll use Luring Strike - As part of the power, I get a free shift, so Abi will shift to M12, and then attack Guard X. She will then (again, as part of the power), shift back to N13, and pull the guard into M12, so that he is flanked by Eraden and Speaker (and doesn't flank Eraden).[/sblock]

BenBrown

First Post
[sblock=auberon]Yes, I4 should give you superior cover[/sblock][sblock=Iron Sky]It has been brought to my attention that since Dante & Virgil are moving on the same turn, the spawn only gets an OA on one of them. Determining randomly 1=Virgil, 2=Dante (1d2=2) looks like it's Dante.[/sblock]

auberon

First Post
Alastair continues to scrutinize Glupnik as he skulks behind the rock. Silently cursing his opponent, he summons witchfire to scorch the monster. However, the horrible Glupnik seems to resist the worst of its effect.

[sblock=Actions]Free: Assassin's Shroud on Glupnik
Move: Shift to I14, stealth check 1d20+12=25
Minor: Curse Glupnik
Standard: Witchfire, activating both Shrouds 1d20+6=8 miss :(. One Shroud goes off for 1d6=5 damage[/sblock]

[sblock=mini-stats]Alastair Feyd - Male Gnome Warlock 1
Initiative: +3, Passive perception: 10, Passive Insight: 10
AC: 15, For: 11, Ref: 14, Will: 15
HP: 24/24, Bloodied: 12, Surge value: 6, Surges/day: 4/7
Speed: 5 squares, Languages: Common, Elven
AP: 1, Second Wind: unused
Powers: Eldritch Blast, Eyebite, Misty Step,
Assassin's Shroud, Witchfire, Fade Away,
Ghost Sound, Prophesy of Zhudun[/sblock]

Remove ads