[Adventure!] Daunton's Dead Rises Again DM: Dimsdale.

dimsdale

First Post
[sblock="DM eyes only"]
Jade = green, metallic shards can be of any color...so questions: can the shards be placed in any place (that is, each fits to each groove) or they can be put into single exact spot? Are they all of the same metal / color?
[/sblock]

[Sblock=Sora Daar's Eye's only]
As you fiddle around with the shards you manage by trial and error to place the shards into the correct slots. As you place the last shard into it's proper place you feel a surge of magic present emit from the ring. It then fades a bit, but not as much as before. [/Sblock]

As the witch fiddles with the ring a bit she seems happy with the results. She takes a deep breath before slipping the ring onto her finger. And!...nothing happens :(, much to the dismay of the witch. The goliath comes over to her and inspects the ring.

[sblock=goliath] You remember while studying runes from a teacher of great power that he also possessed a ring such as this. This memory is very vivid in your mind as you were tempted to ask the purpose of the ring, but did not as you didn't think it was in your place to ask. You do remember listening to many tales of adventure from the teacher. You can recall asking yourself youself at the time how he was able to go to all of these places, some far away in a distant land, in such a short amount of time. Hmmmm[/sblock]

The minotaur motions to the metal doors. He's able to open it. As he does so a gust of trapped air bust through the door.

[sblock=Paladin]
Your nostrils are filled with the smell of death and decay. There are other smells as well...spice...something burning...sweet fragrance such as a flower in bloom? The entrance reveals stairs going down into darkness. This abruptly changes as in the distance torches are suddenly lit. There is enough room for people to walk single file, even for you and the goliath.
[/sblock]

Last edited:

Neil1889

First Post
"I think I smell more undead and possibly...incense? Whatever they are, they appear to be lighting the way for us," says Labraundos, as he steps down in to the hole for the first few steps. As he does, the boots he's found seem to morph themselves around and then away from his hooves, comfortably wrapping the lower half of his shins in the warm leather.

"Little sister, I recognize the design. I cannot say I know exactly what it does, but it involves far traveling. Maybe it is a key to a gate or some planar rift?" says the goliath before turning to check the dark hole.
"We'll need some light down there."

dimsdale

First Post
ooc: I'm assuming everyone wants to move along...

As the newly formed party interacts with each other after their decisive victory over the undead spawn, a clear path awaits them...an entrance below emitting a smell of death and decay. Curiosity proves the best of the party as they decide to investigate. You move down the stairs which ends at a T section hallway. Yes...come echoes through the hallway with the source coming from your right. As you turn towards the source of the unknown voice you notice that the hallway is filled with notches containing the skeletal remains of the dead from long ago. Upon inspecting the notches further you realize that nothing remains of value with the dead you realize that whatever might have been there has long ago been plundered. Lit touches light the long hallway every twenty feet or so. Every 100 feet there is a there is another hallway extending into darkness, similar to the one you are in. It is clear to you know that this most have been the catacombs of what was once a very large city.

As you continue forth through the corridor you notice that one corridor up ahead the light from touches is much more intense. As you move forward and turn the left you see a 50 foot hallway that is 30 feet wide. At the end of the hallway is a massive set of double doors. Several smaller doors four feet high are strategically placed on both sides of the the hallway, five on each side. Bones, tattered armor and broken weapons lay strewn across the floor of the hallway. Etched in the the stone floor at the entrance to the corridor written in common tongue are the words. Beware: The Crypt of Vlastoes

Come my friends...you have questions...I have answers... Beware...death has met those who have tried to reach me before you. Perhaps you can find a way

ooc: Skill challenge: Find the way

Last edited:

Neurotic

I plan on living forever. Or die trying.
OOC: Nobody wants to start ? ;) Usin chameleon mask power

Sora Daar look into the hall and slides next to the wall. Carefully looking around she slides into the shadows next to somewhat bigger pile of bones. Her dress and skin ripple then colors change and she's standing next to the pile imitating its pattern. Unfortunately for her, she's too big to fully hide behind it

Stealth using Arcana (1d20+11=14)

Last edited:

The goliath leans into the hall, studying positions of the bone heaps, doors and looks over the ceiling, trying to feel the intent of the original builders and current occupants alike. This smells like trap, but he cannot pinpoint it exactly.

Insight (1d20+10=19)

[MENTION=79440]H.M.Gimlord[/MENTION] ??
[MENTION=79956]dimsdale[/MENTION], Gimlord is offline whole month...do we move without him, just three of us or we try to recruit? Or we hope he rejoins us at some opportune moment?

dimsdale

First Post
ooc: Okay...let's move on. The ranger decided not to join you

OOC: Nobody wants to start ? ;) Usin chameleon mask power

Sora Daar look into the hall and slides next to the wall. Carefully looking around she slides into the shadows next to somewhat bigger pile of bones. Her dress and skin ripple then colors change and she's standing next to the pile imitating its pattern. Unfortunately for her, she's too big to fully hide behind it

Stealth using Arcana (1d20+11=14)

GM: @Neurotic Need to know exactly Sora's movements on the map which you should now have access to

[sblock=Goliath's eyes only]
You are certain that there is a trap here. The walls to the left and right of the hallway are unusually taller than the hallway you are currently in, around 15 feet. On the top of the wall you notice a crack that runs along the wall and ceiling as far as you can see. The line is perfectly straight. You feel uneasy about its purpose [/sblock]

[Sblock=Paladin's eyes only]
You notice right away that this hallway is trapped. It is triggered by pressure plates on the floor. In fact, you realize that the whole floor, with the exception of a one foot ledge from either side of the wall will trigger the trap! You don't know what will happen however if the trap is triggered.
[/Sblock]

Remove ads