(Adventure) Feral Smackdown Battle Royale

Uriel

Living EN World Judge
OoC:Firstly, there are two XP numbers here, which reflect activity in the final battle. I don't mean whether your character did anything useful/of note, but rather whether the player was present.
This is similar to what I would give if someone couldn't/didn't show for a RL game, and it's not a massive difference in XP, although it is enough to let those who were here throughout that it was appreciated. Again, I am not punishing folks for RL coming into play, as I understand these things.

I gave you folks full XP for defeating the Druid, as you did just that even though he survived.

Aranel 700 XP
Kirin 700 XP
Sturm 700 XP
Thale 700 XP

Felix 900 XP
Ishmael 900 XP
Rurik 900 XP
Telerin 900 XP
Thurgan 900 XP
Troi 900 XP
Velbrik 900 XP

Loot from the final room equals
1 Scimitar, magical, but unknown
1 MW Dwarven Waraxe
1 MW Short Spear
1 MW Light Mace

In addition, the Monks (those few left) bring forth a token thank you from somewhere hidden that the Ferals didn't loot.

Each player receives a jar of Healing Salve <1D8>, 2 uses. {1}

A bag of monies <1,100GP in gold and gems, your choice> {2}

As well, Tara presents Telerin,Aranel,Kirin,Ruril,Ishmael and Sturm each with a small bag containing 500GP in jewels for what she witnessed oftheir accomplishments in the halls above. {3}

{1} For those not in the know, it is from Tome and Blood, not official 3.5, but I really don't give a rat's behind about that, as my Ferals, Vile magic and a few creatures from other than the MM show. Besides, I like that Clerics/Druids aren't the only ones that can heal, Bards Cures not withstanding...

{2} I total'd up Ferals and such (minus the Druid, who got away with everything but his Sword...) and gave out the treasure at the end in a more realistic manner, as having the ferals all carry around a bag of gold would have been silly.

{3} Representing earnings for their rearly part in the adventure. The Characters from Delmon's aid received treasure from that as well.

dpdx

Explorer
Rurik accepts the bounty politely (coming to 500 gp in jewels, 100 gold from the 1,100 in that pile, and a healing salve), bowing to Tara, before taking the jug out of his pack, looking casually at Sturm while holding it up, and going outside.

GnomeWorks

Adventurer
Velbrik
"Indeed, but there are wounded to be tended to - you and I among them - as well as funeral rites to perform, and we must look for surviving monks. We can purchase searching magic to track him down once we return to Orussus, since we know a bit more about our foe than before."

"That sounds alright ta me." Troi says, nodding.

Velbrik
"The danger should be passed, now that it's been a few minutes. You haven't died yet, so you're not likely going to. But you certainly need some healing and some bed rest to restore your strength. You must understand, we can't attempt to pursue him in the state we're in right now."

"That's good." Troi says. "I'm aware that I'm gonna need ta rest for quite awhile... th' danger from whatever that was mighta come an' gone, but I'm still not feelin' quite right."

Rurik
"So yer tha lasher I 'eard about back 'ome? Pleased ta meet ya. Rurik of Clan Axebender, ya might a 'eard o' me granddad's smithy. Glad ta see yer back on yer feet."

"Ya've heard a me, eh?" Troi asks. "That's kinda creepy... pleased ta meet ya, too. Can't say that I've heard a yer granddad's smithy, though... an I'm glad ta be on my feet. From th' sound's a things, it coulda been a lot uglier..."

Telerin
"Well well, Troi...didn't expect to run into you."

"Heh, well, I was expectin' ta run inta ya, eventually." Troi says, smiling. "We planned all this out, 'member? Back at th' inn. Though I s'pose we didn't plan on comin' out here when we set out fer th' tower... though it's a good thing we did. Dunno if you an' everybody ya came with coulda handled th' orcs an' ferals an' whatnot without our help." He smiles.

Felix
"Now what? Monestary customarily liberated in the heroic mode, innocents saved, demons reduced by the customary necessary appendages and yet villain slipped through our grasps. However tedious it might be and whilst I still have certain affairs I had wished to address I must admit that I'm not really satisfied with that spellcasting, smelly, furry character floating off to start another demon summoning, canine tooth growing club... could we chase him down do you think?"

"We're all wantin' ta get after th' druid, Felix." Troi says. "But like Velbrik said, we got other things ta worry 'bout at th' moment. I'm bettin', though, that he won't be doin' anythin' too soon after we just smacked 'im around a bit..."

Troi accepts the offered reward, taking the 100 in gold.

"So what do we wanna do with th' weaponry?" Troi asks. "I'll say that I'm somewhat interested in th' scimitar, though I dunno how much use I'd get outta it... got enough weapons as is, I think..."

Last edited:

WizWrm

First Post
Velbrik thanks the monks, taking the salve and 1100gp in gems.

"Those of you who'd like a weapon ought to leave a bit of money; we'll use the leftover shares plus whatever we can get for the unclaimed orcs' weapons to buy enough magic to track down that druid."

"Shall I keep this wand, then, or would one of you like to hold it? It was bought secondhand with shared treasure; there are 20 charges left.**"

Out of Character

It started with 25, right?

Troi said:
Troi accepts the offered reward, taking the 1100 in gold.
Er, was that 1100 each or total?

Uriel, I've made several transactions; let me know if any of this is not available or is available at a different price than listed and I'll make the change.
  • Sold: Light Crossbow for 12.5gp (35gp list price)
  • Sold: 16 silver bolts for 2gp (3gp for 20 list price)
  • Sold: potion of sanctuary for 25gp (50gp list price)
  • Sold: manacles for 7.5gp (15gp list price)
  • Bought: masterwork manacles for 50gp (50gp list price)
  • Bought: Composite shortbow (+2) for 225gp (225gp list price)
  • Bought: 20 masterwork shortbow arrows for 7gp (7gp list price)
  • Bought: 20 masterwork alchemical silver shortbow arrows for 9gp (9gp list price)
  • Bought: 20 masterwork cold iron shortbow arrows for 14gp (14gp list price)
  • Bought: 2 sunrods for 4gp (4gp list price)
  • Bought: flask of acid for 10gp (10gp list price)
  • Bought: flask of alchemist's fire for 20gp (20gp list price)
  • Bought: potion of sanctuary at caster level 4 for 100gp (100gp list price)
  • Bought: arcane scroll of silence for 200gp (200gp list price)

Also, I switched Velbrik back to N.

And I think that's it for now.

Last edited:

Kahuna Burger

First Post
Uriel said:
In addition, the Monks (those few left) bring forth a token thank you from somewhere hidden that the Ferals didn't loot.

Each player receives a jar of Healing Salve <1D8>, 2 uses. {1}

A bag of monies <1,100GP in gold and gems, your choice> {2}

As well, Tara presents Telerin,Aranel,Kirin,Ruril,Ishmael and Sturm each with a small bag containing 500GP in jewels for what she witnessed oftheir accomplishments in the halls above. {3}

Kirin thanks the monks gravely... "These will be of great aid in preparing to battle this threat further." She wil take out some papers and ink and take copious notes on the transformed ferals, including as detailed drawings/tracings as she can prepare of the marks on their chests... It is her intention to take some time to do some research and find a way to reverse this violation if it is possible (and stock up on scrolls/wands of remove curse, break enchantment or whatever it takes...)

Uriel

Living EN World Judge
dpdx said:
[Hold up - we EACH get 1100?]

Yep. There were something like 25 ECL 1.5's, since I rated the ferals at 1.5 (Orc/Human +1 for the template).
Trust me, it would have/did added to quite a bit of change.
1100 GP each.

Uriel

Living EN World Judge
Kahuna Burger said:
Kirin thanks the monks gravely... "These will be of great aid in preparing to battle this threat further." She wil take out some papers and ink and take copious notes on the transformed ferals, including as detailed drawings/tracings as she can prepare of the marks on their chests... It is her intention to take some time to do some research and find a way to reverse this violation if it is possible (and stock up on scrolls/wands of remove curse, break enchantment or whatever it takes...)

Here it is again...

Remove ads