(Adventure) Feral Smackdown Battle Royale

WizWrm

First Post
Troi said:
Troi shakes his head. "We did that th' last time, 'member? We need ta get after 'im now, or else we're gonna have ta do somethin' like this again... though I'm not feelin' too up ta it at th' moment..."

"Indeed, but there are wounded to be tended to - you and I among them - as well as funeral rites to perform, and we must look for surviving monks. We can purchase searching magic to track him down once we return to Orussus, since we know a bit more about our foe than before."

Troi said:
"Yeah, we saw it." Troi says, nodding. "We killed it, too. Big critter, nasty..."

"Yes," says Velbrik. "It seemed to be in the process of transforming one of the monks into something like that," he says, gesturing at the fallen feral monks.

Troi said:
"That's not good." Troi says. "I'm not feelin' too great now, y'know? Just how bad is this gonna get?"

"The danger should be passed, now that it's been a few minutes. You haven't died yet, so you're not likely going to. But you certainly need some healing and some bed rest to restore your strength. You must understand, we can't attempt to pursue him in the state we're in right now."

Sir Ishmael said:
"Master Velbrik, asked thee of mine knowledge of Draconic tongue, did thou not? I pray thee forgive this simple Halfling for the delay, for I am a stranger to events of great sadness."

Velbrik nods. "I understand. It looks as if there are some thing yet to do, but I would be interested in knowing how you learned this tongue. I am a scholar, of course, and Draconic is practically a requirement for the study of history and of arcane texts. But it seems to me to be odd for a noble knight to have learned it."

He glances at the rack of weapons. "We can talk while we work, I suppose." He mutters something and makes a few gestures, looking around the room as his detect magic spell takes effect.

nimisgod

LEW Judge
WizWrm said:
Velbrik nods. "I understand. It looks as if there are some thing yet to do, but I would be interested in knowing how you learned this tongue. I am a scholar, of course, and Draconic is practically a requirement for the study of history and of arcane texts. But it seems to me to be odd for a noble knight to have learned it."
The Halfling almost blushed at the mention of "noble". He was too glum to offer up more than a sad smile. "I am no noble, Master Velbrik, though I understand what thou meant by that word. It flatters me greatly, I confess.

Let me tell thee of how I came to speak this tongue. This arcane language was taught to me by mine mother, a simple Deep Halfling healer of our nomadic village. While she had no affinity for magick, I've always felt that there was more to mine heritage than she's ever told. It has been considered as little more than a quirk in my studies as a squire, though they certainly aided in the comprehension of my favorite texts.

Mine people is known for exaggerations and tall-tales, but I tell thee this in honesty."

Sir Ishmael looked to Troi with concern. He looked sickly and pale to him, thanks to their enemy's touch. Was the worst truly over? He hoped so.

Last edited:

WizWrm

First Post
Velbrik furrows his brow. "Indeed? Well, it seems we may have a bit in common, then, in regards to unknown heritage. My uncle, who always was a bit of a black sheep in the family, would occasionally visit our family in Tharol and cause no little disruption whenever he came. He seemed to take a special interest in me, though, and upon one occasion told me it would be rather beneficial if I were to investigate my family's history. When he left, I asked my parents what he had meant, and they told me our family had lived in Tharol for several generations, and said that they had no idea what he was referring to."

"A few months later, though, I left for my apprenticeship at Nobius, and never pursued the matter further, but now that you've reminded me, I think it might be worthwhile to do so. Perhaps I ought to consult a sage in Orussus or some-such to see if I can find a book of genealogy."

Last edited:

Uriel

Living EN World Judge
nimisgod said:
Sir Ishmael looked to Troi with concern. She looked sickly and pale to him, thanks to their enemy's touch. Was the worst truly over? He hoped so.

OoC:Troi is male... :D

dpdx

Explorer
[Rurik went over to Tara for a healing salve. Can I presume he got it after the more dire cases were resolved? He was 5 points short of full.]

Rurik introduces himself to each of the other party in turn. When he gets to Troi, he pauses. "So yer tha lasher I 'eard about back 'ome? Pleased ta meet ya. Rurik of Clan Axebender, ya might a 'eard o' me granddad's smithy. Glad ta see yer back on yer feet."

Uriel

Living EN World Judge
dpdx said:
[Rurik went over to Tara for a healing salve. Can I presume he got it after the more dire cases were resolved? He was 5 points short of full.]
[/COLOR]"
OoC:She has 2 more applications, 1 heals you to within 1 <4 healed>.
Off to bed now...

Kahuna Burger

First Post
WizWrm said:
"Yes," says Velbrik. "It seemed to be in the process of transforming one of the monks into something like that," he says, gesturing at the fallen feral monks.

Kirin looks to Velbrik in surprise and almost delight. "You found one in the process of being turned? Is the unfortunate still alive, or the area intact?" She looks around at the slaughter around them and continues "It is my greatest hope that we may find some way to prevent or heal this terrible violation, and knowing how it is done to begin with would be the first step to that... if there is anything left of the souls that once inhabited these twisted bodies I would rather have brought them to themselves than see them merely freed of the torment in death."

OOC: on the same topic, if any of the feralized monks remain alive, kirin would enlist the aid of someone with nimbler fingers to bind it securely and then stabalize... and once the horror of the moment is past she will gently question the two surviving monks to find out if their turned brethern fought as they would have as themselves or if it seems that any skills they held in life were subsumed in the involuntary turning.

Keia

I aim to misbehave
Thurgan rubbed his side where the orcish bugger managed to get in a lucky blow. Fortunately for Thurgan, his mail shielded most of the damage from the attack.

Nevertheless, Thurgan called to Thale, "Thale, good friend, would ya mind hitting me w' the wand I gave ya earlier. It's healing could help me and the others of our group."

Thurgan was relived to see Troi up and around. He inspected the various weapons and searched the bodies that remained. He took the dwarven war axe for himself, testing the weight and balance of the weapon, and, if satisfied, hung the weapon on his belt.

Thurgan then provided information on the remaining weapons, scabbarded scimitar and any items he found on the bodies.

Telerin shouldered his bow and let out a long sigh. Slowly, he walked over to Troi and the others, and found himself smiling.
"Well well, Troi...didn't expect to run into you."

Remove ads