[Adventure] New Cyre Borderlands (Judge: )

Status
Not open for further replies.

Luinnar

First Post
[sblock=ooc]Just wondering why you would activate it since it will not be enough to stop the attack?[/sblock]
[sblock=ooc]The wording makes it sound like it activates after the attack hits, unless I am mistaken. So this is just in case something else rushes Mythra.

Or am I reading it wrong and it works on the attack that hit you? If so I will save it than :)[/sblock]

evilbob

Explorer
[sblock=shield]It's an immediate interrupt, which means it happens immediately before the action that caused it. In my opinion, the best use of shield is to deflect an attack that you know would otherwise hit.

(In practicality, you'd be surprised how often it still never gets used, even for an encounter power.)[/sblock]

Luinnar

First Post
[sblock=shield]It's an immediate interrupt, which means it happens immediately before the action that caused it. In my opinion, the best use of shield is to deflect an attack that you know would otherwise hit.

(In practicality, you'd be surprised how often it still never gets used, even for an encounter power.)[/sblock]

[sblock=thanks]Ohh, I was confused by the wording, thinking that you had to be hit, thanks very much. :)[/sblock]

Antithetist

First Post
[sblock=OOC]Am I right in thinking that the scimitar-wielding guys are still supposed to go before I post actions for Jarren? I don't mean to be impatient, especially if the delay is due to RL complicatons or whatever - just checking that it's not me holding things up.[/sblock]

RickRoll

First Post
[sblock=ooc]
Fog is still in play, it was difficult to update 5 maps for each of your visions. I'm going to update right now.
[/sblock]

[sblock=Grys]
Can you please set-up your CS on teh wiki, or provide me a link? Also, I thought you chose Winged Horde for your wizard at-will? The cached old wiki sheet has it as that. Crazy double crit! I wish Tirial could get that ;)

the other chain wielder is in L24 so no way to catch 2 of them with your blast... sorry, I hate to waste such a great roll
[/sblock]

Last edited:

RickRoll

First Post
"Ryda, protect the Dwarf. I'll help Mythra and cut off this flank. Keep an eye behind you." Grys says as his blast of fire causes a deep wound on the hobgoblin.

The burnt hobgoblin moves forward as thunder continues to crash in the sky and a bolt of lightning crackles above. He has menace on his face as he swings his scimitar towards the eladrin, but Grys easily parries the clumsy attack.

The other enemy wielding the bladed weapon moves forward and also tries to assault the fey swordsman, but like his brethren, the attack is parried by Grys' expert skills.

[sblock=Status]
Grys crits Scimitar 33 for 19 fire damage

Scimitar 33 moves to current spot and slashes at Grys - Hits AC 13 & takes 5 points of damage

Scimitar 12 moves to current spot and slashes Grys - Hits AC 14 ... wow two low single digit rolls in a row :( so much for challenging you guys. A net turn of -5 damage ... :confused:

Chain 97 - quarried by Ryda, marked by Grys,
Scimitar 33 - takes 5 points of damage if that foe attacks Grys.
Grasping Shadows - zone takes 4 psychic damage and is slowed until end of it's next turn - K/M 25/27

Initiative:

Ryda - 25 - -0 hp <- Your turn
Mythra - 23 - -10hp <- Your turn
Chains - 23
Grys - 18
Scimitars - 17
Jarren - 14 <- Your turn
Susan (Unit 16) - 9 <- Your turn
[/sblock]

Attachments

• Cyre.jpg
    Cyre.jpg
    131.6 KB · Views: 101

KarinsDad

Adventurer
[sblock=Grys]
Can you please set-up your CS on teh wiki, or provide me a link? Also, I thought you chose Winged Horde for your wizard at-will? The cached old wiki sheet has it as that. Crazy double crit! I wish Tirial could get that ;)

Re: Superior Cover, the enemy has cover for 3 of its 4 corners from you no matter which square of yours I choose
[/sblock]

[sblock=Wiki]
Damn shame the other 20 was not useable.

Hoping to get to the wiki sheet this weekend. I did put in a stat block that should give you the vast majority of information needed including skills. I should probably quickly add feats and magic items to that to complete the list.

The wiki lost the approved copy of Grys including his background, so I have been disencentivized in restoring it (mostly because I no longer have a copy of his background and I don't have the html tags saved off). I had swapped Winged Horde for Scorching Burst because Winged Horde does not work with the White Lotus Riposte feat before submitting it to the judges. You're looking at an early version with that being the most significant change.

No worries on superior cover. As long as they have that, it's all good.
[/sblock]

Mezegis

First Post
Ryda takes aim at the Hobgoblin who attacked her, unleashing a pair of shafts. Susan, Help Grys, I’ll distract this one! She calls out, and scurries into melee range of the chain weilder.

[sblock=Mechanics]Standard: Twinstrike= 1d20+11=24 1d12+5=6 1d20+11=20 1d12+5=7 1d6=6 Furious assault: 1d12=1 Wow, this thing needs new D12’s…. 20 damage if AC20 hits, 13 damage if it doesn’t.
Move to N30

Ryda’s AC is 22 against her quarry, 21 against the others.[/sblock]

Luinnar

First Post
Mythra steps away from his opponent. With a word a swarm of electric beetles conjure out of thin air and attack the scimitar hobgoblins.

[sblock=actions]
Move: Shift to M 32

Standard Action: Shock Beetle Swarm at I 28

1d20+7= 22; 1d6+5= 6; 1d20+7= 16; 1d6+5=7 Vs fort lightning damage

Shock beetles are now in their square and they any enemy starts their turn in or adjacent to the beetles takes 3 lightning until end of my next turn. (basically the take 3 damage on their turn.)

This does not effect allies.
[/sblock]

evilbob

Explorer
[sblock=init]I'm going to assume - like I believe Mezegis has - that when you posted "your turn" next to all of us, that meant we could go in whatever order - is that ok? If that's the case, then Unit 16 will technically be going after Mythra, which means the Grasping Shadows zone is gone.[/sblock]
Unit 16 hears the fighting start and bolts forward toward the center of camp, as per the plan. Seeing enemies all around, he hears Ryda's yell and nods in acknowledgment, mid-stride. He turns on the spot and throws everything into a rush toward the scimitar-wielding hobgoblins, grabbing their attention and then swinging at them with his hammer. His blow seems to have missed the mark, but at least they will have to think twice before ignoring him.

[sblock=ooc]Move: move to M27

Standard: charge to K27
- Free action before the attack: mark scimitar 12 and scimitar 33
- attack at end of charge against scimitar 12: -2 for fog, +1 for charge => total 14 vs AC for 13 damage if that hits - I assume it does not.

Reminder on Unit 16's marks: enemies take a -3 to attack anyone other than Unit 16, and he will most likely get an immediate interrupt or reaction if they do.[/sblock]
[sblock=ooc]Sorry we have both defenders in the same spot now! :)[/sblock]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Remove ads