[Adventure] The Cannith Caper (Judge: THB)

renau1g

First Post
ooc - Ok just got back maybe 1/2 hour ago or so. I'm too tired tonight after driving home so I'll update tomorrow. Varak might need/want to change his move based on what's in the room. Sorry for the delay.

renau1g

First Post
[sblock=ooc]
I'd ask that only evilbob look at the map as only his PC can see it. The only difference over the last map I posted is that there's a dual-scimitar wielding hobbo at AC42 [/sblock]

Stay here girl. This be too much a fight for you. Dismounting, Haltor moves up behind the shifter. Come, now. I am sure you did not come all this way to die. After, if some of my friends are right, you're here to kill us. You're doing a terrible job, so far.

Gark looks quite shocked at being made a pincushion, but after a moment he regains his composure. He grabs a handful of arrows, yanks them out painfully and tosses them to the floor - and as he does a bestial grin crosses his face. His teeth seem a bit longer and his nails a bit sharper. The hairs on his body begin to stand and float outward slightly, almost like a static electric charge is beginning to build up. Some of his arrow wounds start to close themselves.

He closes his eyes and takes another moment; the charge builds up further and tiny sparks begin to arc around the tips of his fur. His cloak flashes brightly for a moment and suddenly his body knits itself back together; whole wounds are suddenly gone completely, and blood stops flowing freely from his body. But the grin doesn't leave his face.

He steps into the room and suddenly a hobgoblin wielding a pair of deadly looking scimitars leaps through the air, but the shifter read the attack and parried it with the polearm.

[sblock=Gark]
Furs, blankets, and other bedding cover the floor of this chamber, which has a ledge around it and a high ceiling. Clothing, boots, fresh torches, and other personal items are also scattered about, but an element of organization is apparent. The creatures that dwell here are not savages. There's two other scimitar hobbos and a bugbear with a battleaxe on the far ledge.
[/sblock]

[sblock=Varis/Varak]
I'll allow you to tweak any actions you've taken, although the crit must remain on a minion, sorry WD [/sblock]

[sblock=Enemy Actions]
* Gark moving into room triggers B1's readied action - charge! - charge on Gark (1d20+11=16, 1d8+6=13) miss...

[/sblock]

[sblock=OOC]

Gark: 45/48, used 2 surges, +2 to damage TE of encounter and 2 regen while bloodied <- used minor and standard actions
Haltor: 36/37, used 1 IW
Varis: 44/44
Varak: 45/45
Harresh: 40/40 <- already acted

[/sblock]

[sblock=Terrain Features]
Ledge: This ledge is 10 feet from the floor, and the walls leading to it are rougher than others in the complex (DC 20 Athletics to climb). A couple of ladders (DC 0 Athletics to climb; DC 15 Acrobatics or Athletics to climb at normal speed) lead up to the ledge. Ladders are at Y42 & Y37 [/sblock]

Attachments

• Cannith.jpg
    Cannith.jpg
    151.2 KB · Views: 60

evilbob

Explorer
[sblock=Just R1]So there are 9 guys that all look the same, and one big guy, correct?

Edit: No, wait - those are 3 different kind of guys, right? The "B" guys? So basically, the guy next to me is not a minion?

Also, with the heal, technically Gark's used 3 surges.[/sblock]

Last edited:

renau1g

First Post
[sblock=evilbob]
Correct, there are 6 mooks, 3 stronger looking hobbos with good quality scimitars(incl the one next to you), and a powerful looking bugbear with a battleaxe. Good Luck [/sblock]

evilbob

Explorer
He steps into the room... and is jumped by a scimitar-wielding hobgoblin that he just manages to parry! Stopping in his tracks, he draws on an inner reserve and with an amazingly quick through-motion after the parry, spins his polearm and smashes into the attacker. Electricity arcs through the tip of the glaive as he does and the jolt from the hit sends the hobgoblin flying across the room where he falls on his back.

"Three more hobgoblins and a big ugly guy in the corner!" he yells back to the group. With a bestial smile, he adds, "Just cleared the way!"

[sblock=ooc]Continuing actions:

free: Nature's Wrath -> mark B1

action point: Tempest Assault on B1 -> 29 vs. AC (going to assume that hits) for 12 damage, slide the target 3 squares to Z39 and he falls prone[/sblock]
[sblock=Gark]Gark Longtooth Shifter Warden 4
Initiative: +4, Passive Perception: 22, Passive Insight: 15, Senses: Low-light vision
AC:19, Fort:19, Reflex:15, Will:17
HP:45/48, 0 temp HP, Bloodied:24, Surge Value:12, Surges left:6/9
Action Points/Daily Item Uses Left/Milestones: 0/1/0
Powers:
Font of Life
Nature's Wrath
Warden's Fury / Warden's Grasp
Tempest Assault
Warden's Lunge

Longtooth Shifting
Second Wind
Thunder Ram Assault
Warden's Tempest
Student of the Sword

Form of Mountain's Thunder - Form of Mountain's Thunder Attack
Staggering Weapon

Important Stuff:
- Gark's mark: attacks that don't include him take -2 and trigger an interrupt if they are next to him or a reaction against those up to 5 away

Conditions: +2 damage, +2 regen while bloodied

Full sheet: Gark[/sblock]

EvolutionKB

First Post
OOC: Actions as here instead.

Varak moves into the room, initially towards the ladder to the shelf. When the other foes are seen, the half-orc veers off his path. The barbarian slashes wickedly at the hobgoblin lying on his back from the Shifter's attack.

[sblock=Actions]
Move to AC40.
Charge B1, ending movement at AA40: charge B1 w/CA (1d20+14=20, 1d10+6=13)Note that should be 14 damage instead. I have CA, so I get the bonus from my subtle sword.

If that hits then I'll use the daily power of my bestial armor to make a melee basic attack against the hobbo: melee basic from bestial hide against b1 (1d20+15=30, 1d10+7=15)

If any attack bloodies B1 then I will shift Y 39 and gain CA against B1 and H1.[/sblock]

[sblock=Stats]
Varak Half-orc Barbarian 4
Initiative: +6, Passive Perception: 18, Passive Insight: 13, Senses: Low-light vision
AC:21, Fort:19, Reflex:18, Will:14
HP:45/45, 0 temp HP, Bloodied:22, Surge Value:11, Surges left:9/9
Action Points/Daily Item Uses Left/Milestones: 1/1/0
Powers:
Pressing Strike
Whirling Rend
Assassin's Shroud**
Furious Assault
Second Wind
Whirling Lunge
Whirling Step
Shrug it off
Whirling Frenzy
Thunder Hooves Rage
Bestial Hide Armor
[/sblock]

ryryguy

First Post
[sblock=renau1g]You have "Harressh already acted" in the status block, but I don't think he did? Can I still do a turn for him?

Also, I think I'll probably need to know which minion Varis took out - I don't think he said, exactly.[/sblock]

Remove ads