• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

[Adventure] The Predicament of Mr. Gimo Tine [Judge:?]

RedBeardJim

First Post
OOC: Yeah, you hit him with both attacks, which looks like it would be 19 damage total, meaning....he's still up. Time for me to go to work.

Morvannon watches the enemy fighter nearly go down under his friends' combined assault, and lines up a blast of magic to finish the job...but instead sees his attack slam into the wall as the man doubles over in pain.

*What the hell was that?!?*
*you really need to get better at this*
*Please shut up.*

[sblock=Actions]Standard: Attack MF1 with Eldritch Blast. Miss with a 1. Again.[/sblock]

H.M.Gimlord

Explorer
OOC: ??? @H.M.Gimlord , a 16 hits the MF1 as he has ac of 15
OOC: Dang! I only looked at the bottom line of the stat block, which was evidently left over from a deletion of one of the dead NPCs:
Mercenary fighter:

HP 66; Bloodied 33;

AC 15; Fortitude 15, Reflex 14, Will 14
Greataxe (standard; at-will) ✦ Weapon
+7 vs. AC; 1d12 + 4 damage (crit 1d12 + 16).
HP 60; Bloodied 30

AC 19; Fortitude 17, Reflex 17, Wil l 18

Ozymandias79

First Post
Soldier focus on the leader and scores a wicked blow on the mercenary leader

[sblock=Action Details]
Standard Action:brash strike on ML( BS hits ac 26 for 22 damage(nonlethal), Soldier grant CA to ML until the start of Soldier next turn and ML is marked by Soldier)
Move Action:N/A
Minor Action:N/A
[/sblock]

Voda Vosa

First Post
His last thug killed, and having taken several blows, the leader drops the sword and knees. "I... I surrender! Please hurt me no more!" he begs.

OOC: Battle's over!

RedBeardJim

First Post
"Well, that depends. Why, pray tell, were you guarding this particular sewer entrance? ...and would it perhaps have something to do with a man being mind-controlled into committing bloody murder?" asks Morvannon as he pushes aside a dead body to approach the mercenary leader.

[sblock=Skill checks]Diplomacy and Insight (both +10) -- 13 and 16. Why do you hate me so, Invisible Castle?!?[/sblock]

[sblock="Mini stat"]Morvannon Rinael - Level 4 Half-Elf Warlock
Passive Perception: 13, Passive Insight: 20, Initiative: +2 Senses: Low-light
AC: 19, Fortitude: 15, Reflex: 17, Will: 18 -- Speed: 6, Size: Medium
HP: 42/42, Bloodied 21, Surge Value 10, Surges left 7/8
Action Points: 0, Second Wind: not used
Powers -
Eldritch Blast
Eyebite
Warlock's Curse (minor)
Misty Step (Warlock Pact Boon)

Witchfire
Hands of Ihbar
Scorching Burst (Dilettante power)
Thunderwave (Arcane Initiate feat)
Caiphon's Leap (Utility)

Curse of the Dark Dream[/sblock]

dimsdale

First Post
Answer Morvannon's questions or I will kill you, the barbarian states in a stern serious voice, while raising his axe to strike.

intimidation roll: 1d20+7 = 10

Voda Vosa

First Post
OOC: Well, I was about to post the skill challenge rules, but you have already incurred in two fails, effectively ending it! (and loosing it)

The leader seems really intimidated, and before the heroes have time to react, he cracks something inside his mouth, and seen a white fume and goo starts drooling from his mouth, his eyes turn white, and he collapses, lifeless.

Searching the body of the dead leader, the group finds a letter, in an alien language, one none of them have seen before. Of that, the group can make out two things:
P-12 and G-27. The meaning of these numbers remains uncertain.

OOC: You can either find out the meaning of that by yourselves (it's not that hard), or make an Knowledge Dungeon. check to get some clues.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads