(Adventure) Trek to the Vinyard...

Velmont

First Post
So, how do we finally split all?

I know I will at least buy a light Crossbow, bolts, a Studded Leather armor masterwork and some potion of CLW (the exact number will come later, when I will be fixed on the amount of money I have)

And, I think I miss it and can't find it. How much XP do we get for that mission?

Last edited:

Keia

I aim to misbehave
Velmont said:
So, how do we finally split all?

I know I will at least buy a light Crossbow, bolts, a Studded Leather armor masterwork and some potion of CLW (the exact number will come later, when I will be fixed on the amount of money I have)

And, I think I miss it and can't find it. How much XP do we get for that mission?

I think the xp was at least enough for level 2, butt he exact number is not known.

Can we spend the money and acquire items prior to returning to the tavern. And should we start updating our characters in the roster thread with the new level and equipment?

Keia

Thels

First Post
Velmont> Using a skill like that between players stinks IMHO. Players either don't or do want to pay a certain amount for it.

Everyone is getting at least and most likely exactly 1525 GP 1 SP 6 CP out of this. Only if two people bid on the same item will this value rise.

I'm gonna get me a Wand of CLW for sure. Sounds like a usefull item with the rarity of clerics and all.

Uriel

Living EN World Judge
Thels said:
Velmont> Using a skill like that between players stinks IMHO. Players either don't or do want to pay a certain amount for it.

Everyone is getting at least and most likely exactly 1525 GP 1 SP 6 CP out of this. Only if two people bid on the same item will this value rise.

I'm gonna get me a Wand of CLW for sure. Sounds like a usefull item with the rarity of clerics and all.

I agree about the price between character being a simple thing as far as what one will pay the other. A skill that affects that outcome isn;t a fair thing in the overview of a courteous RPG.

That beng said, haggling is still being hashed out.

I don't feel that Rogues and bards should get it as a class skill and others not get it simply because Haggling is a basic skill that everyone (less today,with set prices on goods in stores) engages in. Fighters are always on the lookout for the best price on their armor,weapons, rangers trade furs for food,weapons, even barbarians (who wouldn't get Profession as a Class skill) would use a barter system, thus having haggling ingrained in their culture.

My chart was a quickly thrown together thing (Thels knows, it was middle of the night here, and I was on pain killers as we discussed it).

For those worried that high Level PCs will lord their skill ranks etc over poor 1st level Traders/merchants, i can assure you (as a sensible DM and as a judge) that the Merchant with the ready-cash to buy even your lowly +1 sword will hardly be 1st Level.
Putting together a fair (and easy) system for haggling wit DCs/oppossed rolls will take a little time, but i have time right now.

As far as the goods you found, let's use my system, since there isnt yet an 'official' one in place.

A merchant offers for the following:

the +1 Warhammer: 75% or 1734GP
for the Potion of Bull's strength: 50% or 150GP
for the potion of CMW 100% or 300GP.
Potion Resist Energy :75% 225GP
it should be easy enough now to split the cash up and let you folks equip etc before running off on the next adventure.

So to recap
6048GP
Warhammer: 1734
P Bulls strength 150GP
p CMW 300GP
p Resist Energy 225GP

Grand Total: 8,457GP

Divided six ways: 1,409GP, 5 SP each.

Now if any want to buy those potions, you have fair values.

Thels, you had a higher amount, but it looked as if your division was for 5, when there were 6 of you.

The XP was 1575 XP each btw, Both myself and CS (who was Judging) thought you all rooleplayed exellently, congrats.

Last edited:

Velmont

First Post
Anyway, I think it will be better as CS is thinking, simply Roleplay it or sell it for 50%. I think it make sense, except maybe when you have something you just created by a craft, in that case, I think it should be sold for 100% if it is common, and for magic items, as the market is rarer, I think it should be create for other PCs only and trade will be done as the two group want.

For my expence, I will take:
-Light Crossbow (35gp)
-Bolt x20 (2gp)
-Chain Shirt, mw (250 gp)
-Buckler, mw (165 gp)
-Rapier, mw (320 gp)
-Potion of CLW x2 (100 gp)

Total: 872 gp

Remain: 537,5 gp.

Keia

I aim to misbehave
Thurgan's purchases as follows:

MW Dwarven War axe 330 gp
MW Chain Shirt 250 gp
MW Thieves Tools 100 gp

All items were previously made by Thurgan during his apprenticeship but had to be purchased from his former Master, Master Drewer.

The remaining funds are on hold for use in a future smithy. Assuming everything is approved.

Keia

Thels

First Post
Uriel> Ehh, oops!

Velmont> Items you just crafted shouldn't simply give out 100%. If you craft something specifically ordered, then yes, it's 100%. If you put it in a store, then eventually it'll be 100%, but it'll lie around for a while, taking up your money.

Zoe wants to keep the Bull's Strength potion, leaving her with 1,259GP, 5 SP. Adding her own money is 1,265 GP 7 SP 5 CP.

- Wand of Cure Light Wounds (750 GP)
- Masterwork Bastard Sword (335 GP)

Guess a Heavy Warhorse will have to wait a little. Ahh, I'll be getting Mounted Combat at level 3, so that's fine :)

Uriel

Living EN World Judge
Thels said:
Uriel> Ehh, oops!

Velmont> Items you just crafted shouldn't simply give out 100%. If you craft something specifically ordered, then yes, it's 100%. If you put it in a store, then eventually it'll be 100%, but it'll lie around for a while, taking up your money.

Zoe wants to keep the Bull's Strength potion, leaving her with 1,259GP, 5 SP. Adding her own money is 1,265 GP 7 SP 5 CP.

- Wand of Cure Light Wounds (750 GP)
- Masterwork Bastard Sword (335 GP)

Guess a Heavy Warhorse will have to wait a little. Ahh, I'll be getting Mounted Combat at level 3, so that's fine :)

Since Zoe isn't a sneaky character, you might want to consider an armor upgrade?
Remi has a suit of chainmail for sale in the Trading Post, 100GP instead of the listed 150...

Last edited:

Remove ads