(Adventure) Trek to the Vinyard...

Thels

First Post
Going either full Paladin or taking a close to Paladin PrC later on. Either way, Paladin for now.

I cold use the Bull's Strength or CMW potions, but if there's other interest in them, I won't bid on them.

WizWrm

First Post
Headed for Dragon Disciple as soon as possible; I'll probably go bard the whole way to get there, but I might change my mind.

And, like I said, I'd rather take money than the items this time.

Last edited:

Keia

I aim to misbehave
Right now I'm going with a level of fighter after my rogue and probably alternating on occasion. I'm really interested in being a smith and perhaps crafting magic arms and arms for myself and others some day. Though he would need yet another class (a spell casting one) then there's the troubles of multi-classing. Suggestions are always accepted!!

Keia

WizWrm

First Post
Keia, did you want the hammer, or should we sell it? No one else is interested in that; though if you took it that would be your only treasure, just to be fair.

Keia

I aim to misbehave
WizWrm said:
Keia, did you want the hammer, or should we sell it? No one else is interested in that; though if you took it that would be your only treasure, just to be fair.

The more I think about it, I would rather have the money, which could do a lot more than a +1 to hit and damage for me. For role-playing reasons, I thinl that Thurgan should want to have the money (to start his own shop some day). Thanks for thinking of me, but we should probably sell everything and distribute the gold. Then, those with sufficient funds can 'buy back' anything they want, or make arrangements.

So, instead of the long answer - no, thanks though!

Keia

WizWrm

First Post
So, I guess what we're looking at is:

-sell the warhammer
-sell the potion of resist energy (fire)
-sell the potion of bull's strength

Everyone gets 1543gp, except Zoe, who gets 1193gp and the potion of cure moderate wounds.

Basically, she gets 300 less for the potion, and everyone else gets 50 (300/6) more from Zoe's share, to represent her 'paying' for the potion.

If Zoe also wants the potion of bull's strength, then everyone gets 1543gp and Zoe gets the two potions and 843gp.

She gets 600 less for the potion, and everyone else gets 100 (600/6) more from Zoe's share, but 50 (300/6) less, since there's one less potion to sell that goes into the group fund.

I think I did that correctly. I'm going to assume the first scenario (since I'm about to start fiddling with my character sheet), but let us know. Also, if anyone wants one of the other potions or changes their mind and wants the warhammer, let me know and I'll refigure the numbers.

Thels

First Post
Uhm, if I want the potion, I get more than 300 less than the others? I think you forgot to channel 1/6th or 50 gp back to me.

Also, that would be the way to do it IF magical items sell for full gold. Not if they sell for half gold, something which the judges are still deciding over.

WizWrm

First Post
Oops, you're right.

But Uriel did say that he's going to give full value for now; if creamsteak says otherwise I'll change it.

Thels

First Post
If it's gonna be full, then we could just as well sell everything and restock ourselves, even if we buy back the same items. Another reason why I dislike selling for full. It takes away some of the charm about use what you get. If you sell it, you don't get something back as powerfull as the original item.

Uriel

Living EN World Judge
Thels said:
If it's gonna be full, then we could just as well sell everything and restock ourselves, even if we buy back the same items. Another reason why I dislike selling for full. It takes away some of the charm about use what you get. If you sell it, you don't get something back as powerfull as the original item.

To be honest, I have always (in RL games) played out the buying/selling of items, haggling and all. It gives variable prices, and soemtimes you get/pay more than listed Market value for something, as it is in high demand.
Healing Potions are the most obvious example of this.
In a setting where there are suddenly scores of adventurers willing to shell out their gold for Cure potions, and there aren't an army of Clerics to mae them, the price goes up. This is how I have run in RL, again, i am not stating how things are/will be in LEW.

Remove ads