• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

(Adventure) Trek to the Vinyard...

Thels

First Post
Zoe smiles and says, nearly yells: "All right, seems like we're going! Can't wait to get to action."

OOC: are there 2 or 3 potions? You give 2 different values. Also, we don't have small characters in the party, so technically, none could ride the pony, though Felix and perhaps myself are light enough to ride them.

Velmont

First Post
"Finally, I was lucky that Edwyrd didn't want my spices, we will have good steads and they will be able to carry what the poney would have carried.

Thurgan, I suppose you'll take the Pony? I think you'll find it easier to mount and dismount it.

Do we pack the horse now or their is something to do before?"

WizWrm

First Post
[OOC: Thels, sorry that I missed your post. Pretend this first part has already taken place.]

Zoe Clearwater
As Zoe is waiting in Edwyrd's Victuals for the rest to return, she takes a closer look at the man called Velbrik. With a charming voice she tries to start a conversation: "Hi there. I don't think we've been properly introduced yet. I'm Zoe Clearwater, follower of Hyrag. I just completed my training and now I want to see something of the world and perhaps bring myself to use. I met Troi in the Red Dragon Inn and he asked me to come along, so here I am. So what about you? I heard they call you Velbrik?" Zoe looks awaiting at the man with a smile on her face, occasionally enjoying her breakfest.

"Greetings. My name is, in fact, Velbrik, and I am a bard of the College of Nobius in addition to being a bit of a jack-of-all-trades. I have few specific goals in mind right now, but since I told Troi I'd help him out if a job was offered, here I am."

[Whoosh, back to the present.]

"It has been excellent dealing with you," says Velbrik. "Since haste is an issue for all concerned, if there's nothing further we'll head down to warden's station nearest the vineyard. Enbard Gunnerson was the warden's name, I believe; Brindle mentioned that he'd found something that might help us out, so we have a lead already."

Uriel

Living EN World Judge
OoC:3 Potions, sorry.

IC Fenton rubs his chin a moment and then says 'Well, I do have a few horses going unused since the shipments have stopped. Tell you what, let's make it six horses instead. The pony can stay here.'

Last edited:

GnomeWorks

Adventurer
Fenton
"It's a deal. I'll provide a map to the Vingarius Estate."

Troi nods. "That's fine."

He then turns to the rest of the group. "Well, we all set then? 'Cause if we are, then we can head off to that one guy, um..." He snaps his fingers. "Gunnerson! Enbard Gunnerson, that's right. Yeah, we can go see him."

He turns back to Fenton. "Thanks for all your help, man. We'll be sure to figure out what's goin' on 'round here. Though, a... y'know, we could use that cash right now. If we happen to need it. Say, fifty-fifty? Half now, half when it's all done, y'know? Unless you were plannin' on that bein' the up-front pay for takin' the job, or whatnot, 'cause then the whole bunch'd be fine..."

Uriel

Living EN World Judge
OoC:I didn't want to quote myself, but he did offer the fee fronted.
300GP, 6 horses with gear and feed for a week, 3 Potions of Cure Light Wounds 1D8+1 to the party. So, off to the Roadhouse, or something else here in town?

GnomeWorks

Adventurer
"Okay then." Troi says, nodding.

OoC: Other than splitting the money (50 gold to each person), I think we're ready to head out.

"Well, let's get down to where that Gunnerson guy is. Don't have all day, y'know?" Troi says.

Uriel

Living EN World Judge
OoC:Assuming that everyone has done all that they wish and are heading out. Anyone wanting to get new gear etc,mention it and we can retroactively do it,as long as it is reasonable in the time allowed.

IC:
The Road South passes easily, with those more versed in riding cutting a slow pace for those less used to horseback. Still, it is a mere hour or so before you are all rounding a turn and sighting a Roadhouse, it's two-story structure painted white and blue, with terra cotta tiles set upon it's roof. Several men in various states of official dress (some shirtless, as it is late summer), chopping wood and currying horses.
A barn ,outhouse and smithy also sit alongside the Roadhouse, and a small garden can be seen behind. As you ride up you notice as well that there are 2 halflings also stopped, one overseeing the reshoe job of his pony's hooves the Smith clearly annoyed by the diminuative fellow's critique.
A tall man, perhaps 30 with a short beard and green eyes hails you. 'Hail, Good Folk. Need ye water, there be a well across the Road, and there's tea and apples inside, courtesy of his graciousness the Mayor of the City, who keeps this place.' The man then goes back to chopping wood, content to let you go about whatever needs you have.

Keia

I aim to misbehave
Thurgan was having a difficult time with his horse. First, the horse was unused to the weight and distribution of the dwarf and couldn't get comfortable. Second, and more importantly, Thurgan hadn't ridden in almost twenty years.

Thurgan seemed appreciative of the slower pace the group had set and mentioned it, once, during the journey.

[ooc: just realized I didn't have all my equipment on my sheet. I'll post it tonight when I get back to my books - unless someone can tell me max gold for a rogue.]

Last edited:

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads