Aelwynn

Kazun

First Post
Kilvin, having been separated from the group, will breathe a sigh of relief at the sight of Qinik waving towards him. Nightmarish visions of him starving to death in a dark forest begin to recede. He mops the cold sweat from his brow and begins to make his way over to the party. Kilvin's anxiety begins anew, however, when he sees the group of riders. He overhears their leader speak: "Stop in the name of Lord Berntaiil." On his way to rejoin the party, Kilvin will casually trace a rune on the inside of his shield. Once rejoined, he will reveal the rune, releasing a subtle wave of energy. He will then stare directly at the ground in front of his feet.

OOC: Use Compact of Peace - Close burst 5, targets you and all allies in burst: each target gains a +5 power bonus to Diplomacy and Insight checks until the end of my next turn.
Insight check to see if these guys are legitimate. Do they seem nervous or shifty? Could they just be bandits?
I will also ready an action to have Kilvin summon his armor as a minor if combat breaks out.

Last edited:

Baileyborough

First Post
[187] fixes its gaze on each of the intruders in turn. Its eyes remain the deep scarlet colour as it scans each of them to discern their purpose. The thought blazes in its - for lack of a better term - mind.

Goken100

First Post
Any other actions before I post reactions?

OOC: I'll make a Diplomacy check after we see how things are progressing. Please feel free to move things along faster, no need to wait for everyone. Folks are more likely to be engaged in a game with a faster pace so they remember what's going on. EDIT: I've also seen DMs specifically call out those that they're waiting on, which seems a good policy. Then after 24-48 hours of no response, its understood why we're moving on without input.

Last edited:

Walking Dad

First Post
OOC: Pelias has no good people skills beside intimidating them, so I refrained on skill checks on purpose. Drawing weapons or implements would look suspicious, so he did neither.

Dice4Hire

First Post
The man on horseback looks at the group and does not seem impressed by Qinik's bluff and says, "All of you, drop your weapons where you are and come over here. You are on Lord Bertaiil's land."

He then says something softly to the two knights beside him and they move apart a bit, spreading out in possible response.

Kilvin detects no real sign of nervousness. They seem a bit nervous of the party, heavily armed as they are, but not of their role.

187 sees nothing that would show their purose is anything other than what is stated, questioning or detaining intruders on their lord's lands.

Kazun

First Post
OOC: Does anyone have History, or maybe Streetwise? Is Bertaiil a real local lord, and are we really on his land? Or would this be common knowledge to those from around here?

Baileyborough

First Post
[187] sinks slightly into a fighting stance, little flashes of electricity travelling along his flail. His eyes glow scarlet as he focuses back and forth on each oponent, furiously calculating angles, distances, scanning terrain.

"It would be wise to allow us to leave this land quickly. This one thinks that violence would be a poor avenue of preference."

Walking Dad

First Post
Pelias Blueshadow

Pelias ponders in his mind what he knows about this Bertaiil.

[sblock=OOC]
rolls attatched.

[sblock=Mini-Sheet]
Pelias Blueshadow
Perception: 18 Insight: 12 Low-light Vision
AC 22 Fortitude 18 Reflex 22 Will 22
Initiative: +3
Hit Points: 51 / 51 Bloodied: 25
Temporary Hit Points: 0
Resist: -
Saving Throw: +5 vs charm
Action Points: 1 Second Wind: 1
Milestones: 0
Healing Surge:12 Surges per day: 8 / 8
At-Will Powers: Eldritch Strike, Spiteful Glamor
Encounter Powers: Fey Step, Shadow Tentacles, Void Blast, Caiphon's Leap, Mirror Darkly
Daily Powers: Web of Shadows, Deathly Conduit

Condition:

[/sblock]
[/sblock]

Remove ads