Aelwynn

Dice4Hire

First Post
OOC: Combat is probably more xp, generally speaking.

So the group opts for a stealthy approach, and they move out, with Qinik in the lead and the rest following.

Skill Challenge 8 successes before 4 failures

Skills: DC 14
Stealth
Nature
Perception

Basically, I make the whole party roll for most skill challenges, instead of one player just spamming a good skill. SO everyone, let's do one of the rolls above. If you fail, you can make a second roll at the same DC for that or a different skill. If you succeed with one skill, you can roll that skill again at +5 to the DC or roll a different skill at the base score.

Go ahead and use Enworld's dice roller.

Good luck

Kazun

First Post
OOC: Kilvin literally has none of those skills. Like a fish out of water... :p

Though never trained in woodcraft or the like, Kilvin has noticed some patterns in his time on the surface. The natural world was like a vast machine, and things tended to make sense.

However, trying to use logic and geometry to sneak your way through a forest is exactly as effective as it sounds.

Last edited:

Baileyborough

First Post
While the rest of the party tries to step lightly, [187] recognises the need to stay watchful for any risks of ambush. Its eyes turn a light orange as it scans the surrounding forest for signs of recent activity.

OOC: Sorry for the recent radio silence guys, I'm just after moving flats and have no interweb in the new place right now. Please feel free to NPC me if there's too much of a gap.

As far as the unit can tell, there are no enemies lying in wait, nor have there been recently.

Last edited:

Dice4Hire

First Post
2 successes, 2 failures.

The wandering through the forest is not going very well. There is a lack of direction for the party, and they are not really making great time.

They also see some signs of what might be a bandit group, or worse, some irregular retainers of a local lord, who could well be a tiefling.

OOC: And the next set of rolls......

Kazun

First Post
Kilvin bumbles through the forest, making a bit of a commotion despite his best efforts. Before long, he resigns himself to just walking slowly and keeping his eyes open.

OOC: This is exactly how I would imagine Kilvin in this scenario. The good-intentioned, meek, bumbling clutz. I'm glad the ENWorld roller agrees with me. ;)

Last edited:

Walking Dad

First Post
Pelias Blueshadow

Pelias draws the shadows nearer to him... but a big moving shadowy spot is maybe not that unremarkable.

[sblock=OOC]
worst rolls in a skill challenge ever ;)

[sblock=Mini-Sheet]
Pelias Blueshadow
Perception: 18 Insight: 12 Low-light Vision
AC 22 Fortitude 18 Reflex 22 Will 22
Initiative: +3
Hit Points: 51 / 51 Bloodied: 25
Temporary Hit Points: 0
Resist: -
Saving Throw: +5 vs charm
Action Points: 1 Second Wind: 1
Milestones: 0
Healing Surge:12 Surges per day: 8 / 8
At-Will Powers: Eldritch Strike, Spiteful Glamor
Encounter Powers: Fey Step, Shadow Tentacles, Void Blast, Caiphon's Leap, Mirror Darkly
Daily Powers: Web of Shadows, Deathly Conduit

Condition:

[/sblock]
[/sblock]

Last edited:

Remove ads