Age of Mortals - Knights of Solamnia (1st Summer)

Creamsteak

Explorer
After awakening Merritt dresses casually*, and makes his way over to the church for morning prayers.

Afterwards he lets the Church Father know he is at the church's disposal, barring any Knightly Duties.

Merritt will then wander about the 'town' a bit, getting something to eat, and getting a feel for the place and the locals.

Merritt: The local patron, a awkward young cleric by the name of Cid meets you at your request. After finding his office in his strangely catacomb-like dungeon below the church, you find him joyfully reading some work of fiction. He seems to laugh out loud sometimes at awkward moments, as he keeps his eyes on the pages even when you speak to him. He is quite friendly, barring that particular nuisance, and he seems to be more than happy to hear your promise.

"In particular, the church is doing most excellently in the past two years. Things here are grander than in many of my peers houses of prayer.

But, since your offering, maybe you could do a more personal favor. If your ever in search of a scribe to record a story, I'm always waiting and willing to record such. It's a hobby of my own, but it also serves as a sort of inspiration to me. Whether they be of woe and angst or great accomplishments and heroics, I would collect such stories. It has become a fashionable trade among many bookworms such as myself."

The locals say that the rumor has it that the best places to eat in this town tend to be the local inns if your aiming for a meal with something that has bones, but the local baker (that supplies for the inns, the barracks, and the lumberyards) serves cakes and breads of a large variety fresh. The "best" inn according to one carpenter is two miles down the road, no short walk. There are some carriages that move people from one part of this township to the other currently in employ, but there doesn't appear to be that many moving at this hour. The bakers is only a few houses down the road.

Last edited:

A tall, willowy woman with hair so black it has blue highlights enters the common room of the Hampton. She is wearing white-enameled fullplate, with a crest emblazoned on the front – a heart, encircled by a thorny vine, with a stylized rose overlaying the whole. She isn’t wearing either a helm or gauntlets, and when she brushes her hair back from her face, she reveals slightly pointed ears. She is wearing a sword whose hilt is wrapped in well-worn but still bright white leather.

She glances around the room, taking in the occupants, and smiles. Walking over to the bar, she catches Sara’s attention with a wave. “Excuse me, would it be possible to get a bowl of cut fruit and a glass of red wine? I’d like to sit there.” She points at a table near to the bar and smiles at the girl.

Ferrix

Explorer
Walking the streets of Uthar, Aerion walks steadily towards the castle, so many knights in such a small city, it shouldn't be too hard to find Matelda in all of this mess. I shall seek her out before the ball this evening, perhaps we can arrive together. Almost daydreaming, Aerion shifts his way through the crowds of people, sidestepping the occasional carriage or cart which attempts to meander their way through the bustle, and eventually reaches the gates of the castle. Barely acknowledging the guards as he enters, he makes his way to his quarters in the barracks to check in on his new roommate, Thom.

Not here; well, one less thing to deal with. Almost audibly hearing his stomach rumble, he turns and steps outside of his room, the sweet bread was good, but far from filling, perhaps the kitchen has something a bit more filling.

------------------------------

Aerion steps into the kitchen and approaches to see if he can scrounge up something suitable for breakfast, perhaps some fruit and pan-seared steak. Looking around the room, he notes the other knights and soldiers and in particular one who is sitting down by himself, a radiant family crest of platinum and amethyst surrounding an epic looking star-sapphire adorning his chest, attempting to swiftly recall the family to which it belongs, ah yes, he is this Thom uth Verran that shares my room, else there is another uth Verran staying here. No need to bother him, he seems engrossed in his meal. Taking a seat relatively near Thom, Aerion waits for his steak to arrive and eats the fruit already provided.

Jarval

Explorer
The young man standing at the bar could easily pass for a gamekeeper from the lands around the city, with his worn traveling clothes and tanned skin. However, his signet ring marks him of noble birth, and the sword at his hip is no peasant's weapon, it's hilt covered in expensive black leather and topped by a ornate silver pommel.

Looking around the inn, Owain notes that most of his fellow knights are deep in conversation. He sighs, having hoped for conversation to go with his meal, but he is reluctant to interrupt. Then he spots the tall woman a little distance along the bar from him. The sword and armour clearly mark her as a knight, and he smiles at her.

"Good afternoon m'lady." He says. "Are you here to attend the Court?"

Glancing at the young man who addressed her, taking in the signet ring and ornate sword hilt, she smiles. "Yes I am, milord. Are you as well?" She accepts her food from the girl behind the bar and glances back at the man. "My name is Aleahea Nightsong, Knight of the Crown - would you care to sit with me?" She gestures toward a nearby table. "I wouldn't be adverse to conversation - and I've only just arrived, so I am not current with any local gossip." Her eyes sparkle with amusement.

[Edit - I am a Knight of the Crown, not Sword... don't know what I was thinking.... :heh: ]

Last edited:

Jarval

Explorer
"Owain Theron, Knight of the Crown." Owain bows slightly to Aleahea. "I am indeed here for court, my lady, and I would be delighted to have someone to talk with over my meal." He follows after her towards the table, pulling out a chair for her before taking his own seat.

"As far as gossip goes, I'm afraid I'm rather out of contact with the events of the court itself, or the rest of the knighthood in general. If, on the other hand, you want to hear who the waggoneer who delivered the beer this morning is courting, or speculation on what affliction is stopping Mother Reeds hens from laying, it's been drifting in through the window of my room all day..." He says this with a broad smile, his amusement mirroring Aleahea's own.

Last edited:

[OOC: Sorry, Jarval, Aleahea is a Knight of the Crown, not Sword. I haven't a clue as to what I was thinking when I typed that last post. :heh: Anyway, I corrected my last post, and will pretend I didn't flub that....]

Aleahea laughs at Owain's comments about the current gossip. "I think that I can live without hearing about the wagoneer and Mother Reed's hens."

She takes a sip of her drink. "Nay, I am unware of how many are to attend... although, judging by the amount of clatter of armor drifting through my window this morning, quite a few. I'm looking forward to this - it is my first Court." She smiles. "Of, course, I am rather nervous as well, not knowing quite what to expect."

Paxus Asclepius

First Post
Finishing his meal, Thom notices the half-elf seated nearby. Perhaps this is the Peregrine Knight with whom I share the room? No harm in asking, at least. Turning in his seat, he leaned over and introduced himself. "I am Thom uth Verran. Are you, perchance, Aerion Turin Aelshien?"

Ferrix

Explorer
Paxus Asclepius said:
Finishing his meal, Thom notices the half-elf seated nearby. Perhaps this is the Peregrine Knight with whom I share the room? No harm in asking, at least. Turning in his seat, he leaned over and introduced himself. "I am Thom uth Verran. Are you, perchance, Aerion Turin Aelshien?"

Looking to the adorned knight, Aerion does not even bother to pause as he cuts into the steak, "aye, I am, and you are the Thom uth Verran who is bunked with me then. I'm surprised they stuck you in the barracks, what with your family being such a large supporter of the knighthood." It seems the Knighthood is more pressed here for space than I had figured. Taking a bite of the steak, he chews it swiftly and then follows it with a dash of ale from his mug.

Remove ads