Age of Mortals - Knights of Solamnia (1st Summer)

Jarval

Explorer
"It's only my second court, and I attended my first as a squire, so I'm not really up to date with how the formalities are handled. It's all rather Solamnic, and I'm worried that Ergothian table manners won't match what's expected of me." Owain smiles wryly. "I think there you have the advantage over me."

Goddess FallenAngel said:
[OOC: Sorry, Jarval, Aleahea is a Knight of the Crown, not Sword. I haven't a clue as to what I was thinking when I typed that last post. :heh: Anyway, I corrected my last post, and will pretend I didn't flub that....]
(OoC: Not a problem. I've edited my post to remove the reference to the bit you've edited out of your post... That's a whole lot of editing we've got there... :))

Ferrix

Explorer
Paxus Asclepius said:
"Well, as large as can be done from Palanthas. Besides, small the barracks might be, but location is always more valuable than comfort."

At least he's got some sense to him, taking another swig of ale Aerion gets up, snags his plate and drops it opposite to Thom and then sits down in front of it. "A sensible enough notion. What concerns do you bring to court?"

Paxus Asclepius

First Post
"I have little enough that I need to pursue myself; I intend to enter the Order of High Sorcery, and while I need the Order head's permission to do so, I foresee little trouble there. I'm mostly here to see what others intend to do, and protect my family's interests where necessary."

evileeyore

Mrrrph
Merritt, man about town

Merritt wanders from tavern to tavern, (including a stop at the bakery) sampling the food. A bowl of stew here, a loaf of bread there, a bit of early season fruit, a mug o' ale (mead/stout/whatever). At each locale he engages the host with talk, first by mentioning how good the food is, how he wished he had so good on campaign. This should draw in a local or two for an exchange of news.

Merrit will relate what he knows from his journey back from Knightlund, and try to squeeze out anything about who is here. Not that he really knows too many Knights in the political arenas, but information is power.*

Then after a bit of chat he wanders to the next tavern, over to the bakery, until he has been everwhere in this small town.

Well, the Hampton is the last stop. Little walk will settle breakfast in just fine, and after I'm done there, I should have plenty of time to change into whatever is 'formal' hereabouts.

With that thought, Merritt wanders on down the road.

OOC *I seriously do not expect some list. Just note that Merritt gets some names or not. Unless it is terribly important to his family (like a rival or ally). Or his pathetic Knowledge: Nobility pieces some vital clues out of it

Last edited:

Aleahea smiles. "Oh, I don't know about that. I've not lived in 'society' for long; most of my life was spent either in an elven wood or later, on the road. My mentor, and the Knight who made me his squire, rarely attended court." She shrugs, finishing her light meal. "I just hope I don't flub anything too badly; we are in the same boat, I fear. Shall we attend together?"

Jarval

Explorer
"I'd like that, thank you Lady Aleahea." Owain replies with a smile. "And I have to admit, I am glad I'm not the only one uncertain of the correct social forms. I don't want to look like too much of a rustic."

He finishes his own, rather more substantial meal as he talks. He drains his mug of the last of his ale, then looks around the inn's common room again.

"So, what do you make of the Hampton? Some of the clientele look a little rough around the edges, but they seem to be nice enough folk once you get past that. And the food's good."

Lichtenhart

First Post
Tristram spurs Blackwind towards Uthar, as the sun reddens approaching the sea. His had not been a long travel, though he had been on patrol north of Thelgaard Keep when the messenger arrived to inform him of the court, and when he came back it was already too late to leave, so he waited for the following dawn.
Galloping on the dusty road, his thoughts go back to the last court. He was called to tell the Council about Cadman's death, so that Aurnia could officially inherit his title and lands. Then he asked permission to take 'uth Rhys' as his family name, to honor his lost father, and explained his decision to keep on following the ways of mysticism. Tristram devotedly honors and prays to the deities of Light, but if he had to choose the one closest to his heart, it would have been Paladine, who sacrificed his immortality. He told the Council that by remaining a mystic, he bears the mourning for the fallen god, and he remains true to the way he was trained, looking within himself for the light of honor and wisdom, and the warmth of courage and valor. Since they seemed convinced back then, he hopes this issue won't be brought up again when he'll ask to be tested for the Sword.
He wonders if Aurnia already passed some tests too. She has always been so quick of mind and wit, she could have already passed some wisdom tests, he thinks. And now she is so beautiful too. He left a cute girl going to the war, only to find a charming lady when he came back. He wishes Cadman could have seen her as she is now.
That reminds him of the promise he made to his master and friend, to always protect her in his stead. It has been some weeks since he last seen her, but he often surprised himself thinking about her, her golden curls, her open smile...
The reins snap, and Blackwind runs faster towards the town.
. . . ______ . . .​

When Tristram arrives in Uthar, the sun just rose above the mountains. He brings Blackwind to the stables of his inn, and makes sure he receives fresh water and good fodder, for he strained him a bit during the travel. Then he checks for his room in the Auroch, carries to the second floor his few belongings and leaves there his shield. After many days on the field, he feels naked without his armor.
Looking from his window he sees the streets are swarming with people preparing for tonight's event. He decides to leave the inn as well, have breakfast, and look for Aurnia, that wrote him she would have been in the castle.
Along the road, he notices a young female knight enjoying the shadow of a tree. He recognizes the Silvershield crest on her tunic, but can't remember her name, so he only nods to her before going on along the street.
The smell of warm bread makes him find the baker, but he decides to stop later and continues to the castle. At the gates he asks for Aurnia Shatterstone, that is probably waiting for him.
"My name is Tristram uth Rhys." he says.

Last edited:

Creamsteak

Explorer
First thing I'd like to say since I'm back is that I'm allowing the additional equipment from the Races of Stone book. This mostly means a slightly larger variety of armor. I'll make sure to get the list and rules up when my book arrives.

Shalimar said:
The young knight stops in the bakery and treats herself to a sticky bun, she smiled as the warmth suffused her stomach. Shale sat herself beneath a tree, her back against the trunk, looking up at the passing traffic along the lane, heading both towards and away from the castle.

The local bakery is an industrious little roadstop with a brimming set of three chimneys along the wall opposite the entrance and the road. Two smokestacks are burning with incredibly thick black roiling smoke, but the central pipe seems to be barely trickling out the black substance.

It is soon apparent just why, as one of the customers bearing a field-plate struggles out the doorway and a trail of black smoke follows him. Slumped over each shoulder is a peasant covered in soot. The man carrying the others manages to cover his mouth with his shirt with his slightly loose hand, and his eyes are red from the smoke. Bellowing loudly and coughing, he starts yelling back into the room for "Kashel, Lawfer, Lewlyn, Aelia, get out here! The whole place is going to burn down."

Last edited:

Creamsteak

Explorer
Brother Shatterstone said:
A soft rap on the door father distracted Aurnia from her reading, though she showed no anger at the disruption as there was no doubt it was Lesalar, her servant while she was here, whom she had instructed was to make sure she awake by waking hour, or to bring her new of Tristram arrival.

Tristram was one of her dearest friends, though their relationship had always been more sibling in nature, whom her father, Cadman Shatterstone, had adopted as he realized the knightly potential in Tristram. Aurnia had realized it too, and instead of a rivalry forming for her father attention only friendship blossomed.

Glancing over the tops of her glasses Aurnia peered out the window trying to judge the time of day by the amount of light, or in this case the lack of it, before she acknowledge the knocking at her chamber door. Her only answer was the small frown that formed on her pale face; it was simply too hard to tell the time from this room.

Speaking softly, as to not disturb others in nearby rooms, Aurnia finally acknowledges the door, “Lesalar, please come in.”

As she waited for him to enter she delicately closed the large tome and scooted from her lap onto the bed next to her.

A small smile of greeting forms behind her glassed framed face as Lesalar enters the room, “Do you bring news of Tristram uth Rhys, or has the waking hour finally arrived?”

The serving man knocks again, then speaks loudly only to be muffled through the door. He states then, "Neither. I have been ordered to awaken you by lord Bethanus*. He says that this is urgent that he see you about something."

*Knowledge Nobility - Bethanus is a well respected leader who has a reputation for being a just and fair advisor to the people from his home town of Garabellum. He became a knight only recently, though he is of noble birth. He served during an adventure to route a number of minotaur pirates, and was awarded much praise for his actions there. You also know that he is married to the lady Asaka, a woman whose family he saved from the hands of a Nerakan slaver.

Remove ads