AI is stealing writers’ words and jobs…

Art Waring

halozix.com
So basically in the spirt of this thread :Companies are evil because they are going to use tech to keep from paying people.
FFS, I am honestly aghast at how you have failed to read what I am saying to you.

I never said the word evil, you guys did. FFS Stop putting words in my mouth.

Keep on deflecting from the fact that gen-ai relies on exploitive child labor to your own detriment.

Keep screaming just how ethical and safe gen-ai is while simultaneously glossing over the fact that gen-ai exists because of extremely exploitive behavior.

FrogReaver

As long as i get to be the frog
FFS, I am honestly aghast at how you have failed to read what I am saying to you.

I never said the word evil, you guys did. FFS Stop putting words in my mouth.

Keep on deflecting from the fact that gen-ai relies on exploitive child labor to your own detriment.
If this is your best argument for your position you’ve already lost this war.
Keep screaming just how ethical and safe gen-ai is while simultaneously glossing over the fact that gen-ai exists because of extremely exploitive behavior.
Feels like a cheap rhetorical technique designed to shut up the opposition.

FrogReaver

Comments like this accomplish nothing.

Do you accept the facts as they stand, or do you want to present your own facts to argue your own case? OR, do you want to put your head in the sand?
None of the above. I’d rather just comment on how out of tune And unconvincing that particular argument is.

Art Waring

halozix.com
Feels like a cheap rhetorical technique designed to shut up the opposition.
Dude, its the opposite of being rhetorical, as my statement is in direct response to the fact that I am the one being silenced by pro-ai evangelists (who, by the way are in the large majority).

None of the above. I’d rather just comment on how out of tune And unconvincing that particular argument is.
So, you are unconvinced by the evidence provided, or unconvinced that using exploitive child labor is not good?

FrogReaver

Dude, its the opposite of being rhetorical, as my statement is in direct response to the fact that I am the one being silenced by pro-ai evangelists (who, by the way are in the large majority).
How exactly are you being silenced? Who here is evangelizing? Are you also evangelizing?
So, you are unconvinced by the evidence provided, or unconvinced that using exploitive child labor is not good?
Neither. Please stop the false dichotomies. I find bringing child labor into this an unvonvincing argument for shutting down AI indiscrimantly - especially ai that doesn’t use or depend upon child labor.

Art Waring

halozix.com
How exactly are you being silenced? Who here is evangelizing? Are you also evangelizing?
I am not sure I can fully respond due to forum rules, but i've been quoted while being placed on ignore, which is akin to cyberstalking, which also means I can't see it or respond in any way. Is that silent enough for you?

Evangelizing can IMO involve praising said thing (gen-ai), and creating a narrative where the thing is 100% amazing, while also refusing to see the potential downsides, and silencing those who disagree, or silencing those who present facts that run counter to that effort.

I have repeatedly continued communication despite it being difficult at times, which is the opposite of silencing someone on a subject. All I am asking for is some evidence for them to present for their side of the argument, which I think is fair given that I have presented my own evidence on the subject.

I find bringing child labor into this an unvonvincing argument for shutting down AI indiscrimantly - especially ai that doesn’t use or depend upon child labor.
Well, then you are arguing for the point that since its apparently a common practice, we should pay no notice then. Got it.

Furthermore, I never called for the indiscriminate shutdown of anything, again more people putting words in my mouth. All I advocated for was possibly some increased oversight and perhaps some ways to address obvious gaps in current law (as it currently address many of these issues), none of which I expect to see anyway, as nobody listens to artists anyway.

FrogReaver

I am not sure I can fully respond due to forum rules, but i've been quoted while being placed on ignore, which is akin to cyberstalking, which also means I can't see it or respond in any way. Is that silent enough for you?
1. If someone broke the forum rules then report them.

2. People ignoring you isn’t silencing you.

Evangelizing can IMO involve praising said thing (gen-ai), and creating a narrative where the thing is 100% amazing, while also refusing to see the potential downsides, and silencing those who disagree, or silencing those who present facts that run counter to that effort.
So the answer to my question would be yes, because you are doing most of that, right?
I have repeatedly continued communication despite it being difficult at times, which is the opposite of silencing someone on a subject. All I am asking for is some evidence for them to present for their side of the argument, which I think is fair given that I have presented my own evidence on the subject.
Until you’ve clearly defined your position people just comment on what it seems like you are getting at.
Well, then you are arguing for the point that since it’s apparently a common practice, we should pay no notice then. Got it.
You get mad when other put words in your mouth. Why do that to me? That’s not what I’m arguing at all.
Furthermore, I never called for the indiscriminate shutdown of anything, again more people putting words in my mouth. All I advocated for was possibly some increased oversight and perhaps some ways to address obvious gaps in current law (as it currently address many of these issues), none of which I expect to see anyway, as nobody listens to artists anyway.
I don’t think these suggestions are controversial - maybe particular implementations, but not these specific actions in the general sense.

Art Waring

halozix.com
1. If someone broke the forum rules then report them.
I can't report it because I can't see it on my account.

At this point, I feel like I am at a disadvantage as I can't really see what's going on, and I am not going to stoop to the same behavior (not you Frogreaver, the guy who quoted me while I can't respond).

Scribe

Legend

If I were to quote you like I am now, you get a notification. If I then were to block you (and I'm not/have zero reason to) you would still see that notification.

I dont THINK there is a way to hide from someone, while still quoting them to trigger a notification, but what I described and assume happened to you, has happened to me before.

Sometimes people dont like having a mirror held up, and they respond with the old 'well then I'll just block you'.

Remove ads