Amazon out of Gift Set!

I see, so there is no malice in Amazon "estimating" a shipping date of the next day when they knew that was impossible? I think I will let other online dealers do my estimating next time.

damiangerous

First Post
I have a slightly different annoyance with Amazon. My group pre-ordered back in May. I decided to go for the Prime trial since I had been meaning to for a long time anyway and pay the $4 for overnight shipping. My friends went with Super Saver. Guess who has their books and who doesn't? Same ship date, yet my super special upgraded service means I'm waiting longer. At the very least I expect my $4 back, and I certainly won't be continuing with Prime.

Amazon really boned this.

DM_Flick

First Post
I guess it is just a crap shoot. I ordered back in early feb with super saving shipping. Shows a ship date of the 10th and 1-2 weeks for it to show up.

grimslade

Krampus ate my d20s
I am in the same boat. Pre-ordered from Amazon in Late Feb and looking at an estimate of 6/16 -6/24. I understand WotC sold out of the first run and are rushing a second to distributors. I would not have a problem with this except that this is third pre-order in the last year from amazon that has been 'delayed'.
I will never be using Amazon for any sort of pre-order again. Most likely I will not be using Amazon for anything at all.
My FLGS had a large shipment but had sold out as well. Their pre-orders were all filled, however.

Rabbitbait

Adventurer
However I noticed that the box set is the 4th most popular item on Amazon at the moment. Who would have expected that? I'm a big D&D fanboy and I would never have imagined that D&D would be fourth on the bestseller list. Ever. So I'm not surprised that it was underestimated how many would be needed.

mattdm

First Post
Oompa said:
You really think that Amazon has an stash that never ends? Wizards already said they went to the printer for an second stash because of the first was to small..

Right, but it seems like Amazon could have figured that out before the release date — isn't that the point of pre-orders? And it's not like it's some niche thing that they might not have noticed — if something is #2 top seller in all books, it seems like it'd be someone's job to be making sure there's enough.

Oompa said:
I dont know the Amazon price, but i paid 150 usd for the 3 normal books, that is 96 euro here.. :p

The Amazon price was slightly more than a third of that, which is why it was so popular.

Mercule

Adventurer
Plane Sailing said:
You would think that part of the POINT of pre-ordering would be that Amazon would know how much stock to get, eh?
Quite. I pre-ordered in early Feb, which is four months early. There is no excuse for them to not be able to have mine in their first stock.

Of course, I haven't received any delay notice and my "orders" page still reads "est. shipping on the 10th". We aren't quite done with our 3.5 campaign, yet, so I'm not overly concerned.

Mercule said:
Quite. I pre-ordered in early Feb, which is four months early. There is no excuse for them to not be able to have mine in their first stock.
Did they take your money in early Feb? If they did, as you say they have no excuse. If not, that's the risk you take.

Remove ads