Amazon shipped my books

Of Orders and Ship Dates

Well I ordered my Gift set back on April 24th and Amazon is showing a ship date of August 25th so it looks like I am going to be on the second printing.

-Brund the Waiting

mearlus

Explorer
Brund the Decrepit said:
Well I ordered my Gift set back on April 24th and Amazon is showing a ship date of August 25th so it looks like I am going to be on the second printing.

-Brund the Waiting

I would think pre-ordering would allow a vendor/reseller to get at -least- that amount of inventory from the distributor. That is what I assumed pre-ordering is for, apparently I am wrong.

I know if my order changes to something other than expected ship date of the 10th, it is going to be canceled and i'll fork out the extra $ to some place local.

psionotic

Ordered the giftbox from Amazon US in March, the same day that the first post here landed about it being available. My order currently says that the *shipping estimate* is June 10th. Odd, since so many others are saying that their delivery estimate is then...

And I no longer buy the idea that they ship in the order that orders were placed, alas. :(

thundershot

Adventurer
mcrow said:
I preorder my gift set within a day of amazon posting them for preorder. My delivery date was June 6th as of yesterday but I checked it again earlier today and now it sasy 7/23!!! WTF! I have Prime.

I called them and they could not explain it, nor would they move me up in the order to where I was.

I'm done with Amazon.

Mine hasn't changed... but I noticed that the blurb for the product now says in stock July 2nd. I also noticed that my order magically went down another 4 bucks. So it's at $75.98 for the gift set and another PHB. $19 a book. Man, I hope my order doesn't end up in the next batch....

I guess it's the price we pay for getting such a huge discount...

Chris

Last edited:

Thundershot, shouldn't your sig say "Type out your damned words"? You're currently using a verb to modify a noun, which is a no-no, especially if you're going to rail against the preponderance of leet on teh intarwebz.

By the way, my books shipped, and I'm running a game on Sunday. Here's hoping they're swift.

catsclaw227

First Post
Mine now says "Shipping Soon", and cannot be cancelled. Judging from past experience with Amazoon, it should be marked as shipped in a couple of hours, so it appears that with Prime I will get mine by the 10th, as stated originally.

I was hoping to have it today to be able to read over the weekend. But for only $54.83, I will wait the extra couple of days. Great Deal!

Remove ads