• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

An awesome moment

muffin_of_chaos

First Post
So I'm running my (test-stage) 4E game, and through a series of fumbles I decide to spice up the game by giving my homebrewed monster the power to take over the Elf Ranger, who then starts attempting to take on his teammates on his own. First one up is the Halfling Warlord.

[Some quick background: the players of the Elf Ranger and Halfling Warlord are boyfriend and girlfriend. The boyfriend is an elf-lover who has been bragging about his Elven Accuracy racial power.]

Boyfriend shoots girlfriend point-blank to start it off, doing max damage (15) dropping girlfriend to 11 hitpoints. He gets initiative.
Boyfriend, grinning wickedly: I'm gonna use my Daily Power on ya!
He misses.
Boyfriend: Using my racial power! Rolling again. (rolls, suddenly looks nervous) Oh...I crit. 25 points of damage.
All: ...*awkward*...
Me: Hm. I'm afraid that kills---
Girlfriend: Well I'm gonna use MY racial power! Roll again, sweetie.

Boyfriend then missed again and was promptly owned.
Whereas she wasn't as interested in the game before, I think the girlfriend is now a convert. :D

Kosh

First Post
Haha, nice. Thanks for the anecdote.

I guess the halfling and elf racial powers are pretty much opposites. Even the feats that make them better are +2/-2.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads