Angel - episode 100 - 2/4/04 [SPOILERS]

Vocenoctum

First Post
Saw it, liked it.
It's a shame Cordelia didn't stay. I guess her death really closes the door.

I wonder if there's any truth to the rumor that the phonecall/ endscene was shot without her knowledge so she wouldn't know Cordelia was no more?

When Harmony threw Eve on the desk, I was cracking up with laughter! :)

Ha, my thread was first!

. . . man, I knew, the moment they showed that old Doyle clip, that Cordelia wasn't going to make it. I was worried it was going to be traumatic and tragic, but it was beautiful.

Best line: "I know my rights, and I wanna see a lawyer."

Vocenoctum

First Post
RangerWickett said:
Ha, my thread was first!
Yeah, I put a link in the other one :p

. . . man, I knew, the moment they showed that old Doyle clip, that Cordelia wasn't going to make it. I was worried it was going to be traumatic and tragic, but it was beautiful.

Yeah, finally Spike mentioned Doyle in front of Angel. :)

Cordelia's return really did point out how bland Eve & Fred are though. Nice to see a girl with breasts and a figure. E&F never got lines like hers, and doubt they could pull them off.

LightPhoenix

First Post
RangerWickett said:
Ha, my thread was first!

I didn't need a "space reserved" :p

I'll ask a mod to merge the threads, but everything I had to say I said.

Well, not everything, the one other thing I feel about the episode will come off as excedingly snarky here, so I'm not gonna go into it.

uv23

First Post
Great ep. Fine mix of all the things that make Angel so good: drama, action, and of course, cheese. :) Sad to see Cordelia go, but great closure. I wonder what really happened to her - something about an offer from TPTB.

Welverin

First Post
Vocenoctum said:
Saw it, liked it.
It's a shame Cordelia didn't stay. I guess her death really closes the door.

I wonder if there's any truth to the rumor that the phonecall/ endscene was shot without her knowledge so she wouldn't know Cordelia was no more?

Do you mean without Charisma knowing? If so I doubt it, because Cordelia told Angel to explain/tell everyone else that she would be going to the bar with them, after he understood, didn't make sense until the phone call.

As for Cordy dying, it's a shame (especially if she went back to being what she was like a couple of seasons ago), but it's what she deserves for consorting with Conner.

Now that that cat is out of the bag I'm wondering how long it will be before the others figure out the rest of Angels deal.

Vocenoctum

First Post
Welverin said:
Do you mean without Charisma knowing? If so I doubt it, because Cordelia told Angel to explain/tell everyone else that she would be going to the bar with them, after he understood, didn't make sense until the phone call.
I assume you mean "wouldn't". Like I said, just a netrumor, you know what they're good for...
But, her statement could have meant she was leaving, not dead. Doesn't matter really, was just curious.

As for Cordy dying, it's a shame (especially if she went back to being what she was like a couple of seasons ago), but it's what she deserves for consorting with Conner.
"She" didn't consort with anyone. Jasmine took her over and did plenty.
Cordelia remembers what happened, but was little more than a spectator.

I would like to know why Lyndsey had such a hate on for Angel, and why the SP were after him. Neither seemed the case when he took his leave.

Tiberius

Explorer
It is too bad she died, she was an interesting character and a member of the original Scoobie Gang, albeit reluctantly. I wonder what Xander would have to say on the matter? Apparently my wife thought Cordy's return would be a more permanant arrangement, and was on the verge of tears by the end there. :(

I found one thing very interesting in this episode. I had assumed, since no mention was made of the Jasmine story arc, that the Senior Partners had essentially rewound time for the group to sometime in Season 3, and removed the bits with the pregnant Darla and Holtz and such. I was surprised to learn that the Jasmine incident and the resultant events (like the death of Lila) were remembered by the gang. Though it does cause me to ask: who subbed in for Connor in the rewritten reality?

Remove ads