Angel - episode 100 - 2/4/04 [SPOILERS]

CCamfield

First Post
RangerWickett said:
Y'know, I heard a rumor that in a future episode, Angel is going to do stuff, and bad guys will try to mess with him, and . . . oh no, I'm sorry, I didn't mean to spoil anything. Sorry for the snarky comments, but really, who couldn't see the way things are going to go? I mean, the specifics will certainly surprise us, but I know Joss Whedon isn't stupid enough to build up a villain for four episodes and then dump him before he gets his master plot off. Of course the guy's coming back.

(Was it really only 4 episodes?)

Well, the enjoyment of speculation is that it's, well, uncertain. No... I didn't assume he was coming back. Maybe I'd have got around to it after some time, but the uncertainty's all gone now.

RatPunk

First Post
Rackhir said:
What do you mean? I suppose it could be due to the fact that Feb is a sweeps month, but that just doesn't seem to be sufficient explanation.

I believe that dravot is implying that, what with this past Sunday's incident at the Super Bowl, this must be the week for exposing cleavage...

Truth Seeker

Adventurer
Tiberius said:
Something occurred to me while I was falling to sleep last night. Just before Doyle died, he kissed Cordelia and transferred his visions to her. Just before Cordelia died, she kissed Angel. I wonder if she transferred her visions to him?
(blink, blink....)holey moley....he's/she is right!:eek:

myrdden

First Post
This was a fantastic episode and really reminded me why I like this show. This season has been a bit of a dissatisfaction for me. I haven't really liked the W&H angle.

Something was missing from the show, and it became obvious very quickly that the something was Cordeilia. I thought her leaving was handled very well and classy. My poor wife was absolutely sobbing.

Myrdden

John Crichton

First Post
Tiberius said:
Something occurred to me while I was falling to sleep last night. Just before Doyle died, he kissed Cordelia and transferred his visions to her. Just before Cordelia died, she kissed Angel. I wonder if she transferred her visions to him?
Hmm, an interesting thought. I thought the same thing shortly after watching it.

I don't think that is the case because:

a) When Doyle gave his powers to Cordy, there was an obvious visual transfer between the two. Not that there needs to be one this time but it would be consistant.

b) Cordy was technically a ghost when interacting with the group. Not a ghost as in what Spike was (not able to touch things) but a ghost-like figure. She could interact with the environment but it wasn't really her, hence no transfer could take place.

Note that item b is more a gut feeling than anything else and could easily be seen the other way around.

Vocenoctum

First Post
John Crichton said:
b) Cordy was technically a ghost when interacting with the group. Not a ghost as in what Spike was (not able to touch things) but a ghost-like figure. She could interact with the environment but it wasn't really her, hence no transfer could take place.

I'd say she was a celestial manifestation!
But, I doubt it, if the Powers wanted Angel to have Sight, he'd have Sight.

Vocenoctum

First Post
RatPunk said:
Angel and Lindsey have never liked each other, though they had seemed to reach a "you don't mess with me, I won't mess with you" kind of understanding when Lindsey left the first time. There are any number of reasons he could have reconsidered (his hand, Darla, Angel running W&H). My money is on the last one, and the opportunity to screw over both Angel and the Senior Partners was probably just too good to pass up. As for why the SP would be after Lindsey? Well, he did just spend considerable time and effort screwing with whatever they have planned for Angel & Co., not to mention he "corrupted" thier operative on the inside...

I just think it's odd that he has such a seething hatred of Angel.

And if the SP had hated him enough, they should have killed him at first. He didn't have the runes all the time.

But, I don't mind, just seemed odd.

Remove ads