• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

D&D 5E Any Dragon Deities by Color/alignement?

ClaytonCross

Kinder reader Inflection wanted
So specificity I would like to play a Good aligned Lighting Draconic Origin Sorcerer who worships the Tempest domain dragon he believes to be the very distant relative that passed down his Bronze Dragon blood.

But more in a general since, it seems to me that with the Dragon Born, Draconic origin Sorcerers, Tiamat (The Chromatic Dragon Queen), and Bahamut (The Platinum Dragon / The Metallic Dragon King). There would be one of each metallic and chromatic dragon colors as at least a demi god representing the different aspects. All of which would be a possible deity for clerics, ancestor's for sorcerers, and dragon born in general. I have been unable to locate such a thing and was curious if anyone knows of a list? It seems like a natural thing to exist. If anyone can find a source it would be much appreciated.

Thanks in advance. (If it does not exist, it would be an interesting addition.)

There would be one of each metallic and chromatic dragon colors as at least a demi god representing the different aspects. All of which would be a possible deity for clerics, ancestor's for sorcerers, and dragon born in general.
Interestingly enough, most dragon gods are not restricted to any particular color or metal. They do have some preferences, but it's not as clear cut as "This is the god of Bronze Dragons".

For example, Hlal is a great option for good aligned Sorcerers. She's a dragon goddess that has a pretty positive relationship with non-dragon races, and is rather friendly. She tends to manifest as a Faerie Dragon or Brass Dragon, but a Bronze Dragon should certainly be within her capabilities.

Last edited:

ClaytonCross

Kinder reader Inflection wanted
Good fine both of you, Thanks! looking at it I guess the only Cannon options are Hlal or Tamara for a good.

Researching from what you gave me I found this: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dragon_deities

It lists Tamara as a Platinum Dragon here:http://forgottenrealms.wikia.com/wiki/Tamara

It says Hlal is also known as Aasterinian here: http://forgottenrealms.wikia.com/wiki/Hlal
With this information: http://forgottenrealms.wikia.com/wiki/Hlal
We know she "manifested in whatever form suit her purposes at any given moment" and has shown herself as a faerie dragon (Chaotic good - pranksters/euphoria), a copper dragon (Chaotic good - Acid), a brass dragon ( Chaotic good - Fire), and a blue dragon (Lawful Evil - Lighting, however acting as Chaotic neutral which supports that it was not her true form). I tend to think Hlal is a faerie dragon because of her Chaotic good alignment and preferences for being playful, being shocking, and innovative ( http://forgottenrealms.wikia.com/wiki/Faerie_dragon ) that said since it changes its possible for any "good" dragon to believe that she is an ancestor.

Not Quite what I wanted but it will work, thanks.

KahlessNestor

Adventurer
Dragonborn, at least in the Forgotten Realms, specifically refuse to worship gods, especially Bahamut and Tiamat. They come from Abeir where there are no gods and dragons set themselves up as oppressive god-kings.

Sent from my SM-G900P using EN World mobile app

steeldragons

Steeliest of the dragons
Epic
Talk to your DM. Ask if its ok for you to be worshipping a demi-god or lesser-god grade elder wyrm/super-ancient dragon that's achieved divine status. Make it a Bronze. Give it the Tempest domain.

Boom done.

OR, if you want to get all metaphystic esoteric and stuff, take whomever the good-aligned "Storm/Weather" or "Protector" or "Battle" deity [who allows the Tempest domain] is and ask your DM if it ok for you to be worshipping "<Make Up A Name>": the dragonic aspect/form of that [otherwise humanoid] deity, particularly revered by Bronze dragons.

Dragonborn, at least in the Forgotten Realms, specifically refuse to worship gods, especially Bahamut and Tiamat. They come from Abeir where there are no gods and dragons set themselves up as oppressive god-kings.

That's the case for many, but of course there will be exceptions. Otherwise, it woukd be rather hard for dragonborn clerics! And SCAG does state that some dragonborn have begun to worship various deities, but again those are the exceptions...

Sent from my VS987 using EN World mobile app

As a follow-up to my previous post, I do wish they had put the draconic deities in SCAG. There are a lot of humanoid followers of Tiamat and Bahamut, and the remaining deities would be useful for those dragonborn who go outside the norm and actually do worship gods.

Then again, no doubt in the future we'll be seeing a VGtM-type book that will cover dragons, and no doubt the draconic pantheon will be fully covered there anyway...

gyor

Legend

That's a generalization. Most Dragonborn don't worship Gods, but there are minorities of Torm, Bahamut, and Tiamat worshippers, and now the growing faith of Enlil, still a only a minority of Dragonborn worshippers, but its a start.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads