• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

[April] What are you reading?

S. Baldrick

Explorer
I just finished Silver Borne by Patricia Briggs. Now I am moving on to the Paizo edition of Who Fears the Devil? by Manly Wade Wellman.

Gilladian

Adventurer
I just started "Lady Vernon and Her Daughter". It's a reworking of Jane Austen's "Lady Susan" storyline. Not for the average reader of action-fantasy....

However, I just finished "Except the Queen" by Yolen and Snyder. A very fun urban-faery-fantasy. Predictable plot but good characters with a nice resolution. I liked the way they deliberately played into certain stereotypes and then out of them again.

Crothian

First Post
I'm reading Atlantis and it is yet another story of modern man uncovering some secrets of the ancient world that could doom us all.

Shade

Monster Junkie
Finished up the first three of Lin Carter's Thongor novels. I also re-read all the Niall of the Far Travels stories by Gardner F. Fox in the Dragon Magazine archives, and Otis Adelbert Kline's Maza of the Moon.

I'm now reading Sterling Lanier's Hiero's Journey.

delericho

Legend
Started the month reading "Yes Man" by Danny Wallace, which I thought was good but went on too long. It's very different from the film - basically, they took the premise but then rewrote almost everything else.

Now reading "Rebecca" by Daphne de Maurier, which I'm finding really hard going.

In game books, I read the latest Pathfinder ("Stolen Land") this week, which was really good. I'm now tackling the SWSE supplement "Threats of the Galaxy". This seems to be poorly regarded, but I'm not seeing the reason for the hate - it just seems a Monster Manual type book to me, functional rather than inspiring. Eventually, I'm going to get around to reading "Hunter: the Vigil".

coyote6

Adventurer
Joe Abercrombie's Before They Are Hanged. When I finish that, I may go try to finish Perdido Street Station (I couldn't get into it, so much so that I didn't read anything but comic books for weeks; I finally put it aside to read other things), but I'll probably read Turn Coat & Changes instead.

(I have all the Dresden Files books in paperback, so I waited for Turn Coat to come out in paperback and was planning to wait for Changes, too. Then I went to Amazon to order the former and saw they had the latter for $10 -- same price in hardcover as the paperback versions. Which is insane, and probably wrong on some level, but also irresistible.)

Darth Shoju

First Post
I started in on the A Song of Ice and Fire series. I had originally declared I wouldn't bother until he'd finished the whole series, but with the HBO show getting picked up I decided I might as well give it a go.

So far it has lived up to the hype.

Remove ads