ZEITGEIST Are high resolution maps available for VTTs?

Vexorg

Explorer
Greetings fellow persons.

So I'm running ZG under 5e rules. Our group took a break when covid 19 broke out. I thought we would resume after a month or so. But its been three months now, so our group decided to start playing on Roll20. The system works well, but I've found that encounter maps clipped from the PDF look terrible when blown up to VTT scale. Is there anywhere I can get higher resolution versions of the maps?

We are currently on adventure 8, starting the search for the city of Sentosa.

Last edited:

Andrew Moreton

Adventurer
I looked as well and there are not.
The maps I used in book 9 and 10 did work with Roll20 though , you just have to live with resolution issues I am afraid

arkwright

Explorer
You might have better luck using a tool like Nitro PDF to extract images from the PDF directly rather than screenshotting.

Echolocation

Explorer
I've tested a few extraction methods. Directly extracting the maps from the PDF are far better than screenshots. Though, neither method will get you neat maps. I've only tested with images from the Act 1 PDF.

Tormyr

Adventurer
Grab the maps directly from Maps
  1. Click on a map to view the image carousel.
  2. Click the "View Full Size" link in the lower-right corner.
  3. Right click to copy the full-size image.
  4. Paste into a new image in the GIMP or your favorite editor.
  5. Resize the image. Change the PPI to 72 without changing the actual dimensions.
  6. Export to an index 90 JPG.
  7. Upload to Roll20 and line up the map to the existing grid.
  8. Make the Roll20 grid transparent.
If the map you want is not available online, replace steps 1-3 with clicking the map in the PDF and using Ctrl+C to copy it.

MarkM

Explorer
I think there is a plan to convert the 5e versions of Zeitgeist to Roll20 at some point; hopefully it will be soon! A content creator there has already done Roll20 conversions of WOTBS and Bonds of Forced Faith. If you want to play Zeitgeist on Roll20, you might reach out to him or EN to let them know there is a market for Zeitgeist on Roll20 or other VTTs.

Tormyr

Adventurer
I think there is a plan to convert the 5e versions of Zeitgeist to Roll20 at some point; hopefully it will be soon! A content creator there has already done Roll20 conversions of WOTBS and Bonds of Forced Faith. If you want to play Zeitgeist on Roll20, you might reach out to him or EN to let them know there is a market for Zeitgeist on Roll20 or other VTTs.
"Soon"

Sorry, I'll just butt in here: @Tormyr what's the status of Zeitgeist 5e on R20? Looks like my offline group will migrate to Roll20 soon, and I'd love to get the adventures there. Your work on WotbS looks fabulous, as far as I can see, so getting Zeitgeist on the same quality level would be splendid.

Remove ads