• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Are you an NPC?

Krieg

First Post
The Cyber Samurai said:
I am actually medically retiring in the next month or so, and I plan to send that !@#$%^& berret to GEN Shinseki seeing he liked it so much. :]

Now that rates a highly motivated Ooh-Rah!! :D

As much as I rag on the Army I do think they are making progress. Killing the crusader & comanche were a good start, as was realizing that the OICW as envisioned was a boondoogle. They are learning some hard lessons in Iraq/Afghanistan right now, let's hope those lessons take hold.

Speaking of Eric Shinseki, has GM offered him a VP position yet? :cool:

Last edited:

LGodamus

First Post
Ranger/Monk here.....heavy on the monk...and maybe a level of ninja of the crescent moon Prc ;) ...we will leave out the levels.....

Deaths_Fist said:
Does martial arts training count? If so, I'm 3rd level, soon to be 4th. Rawk, and w00t.

You only get a level from martial arts training if you are the equivalent of a black belt. And getting black belt ain't that hard.

Remember, guys, even a 7th level Expert could easily beat up 3 or 4 people off the street in a brawl and come out not feeling too shabby. That nasty 'base attack bonus' thing being level based causes all sorts of trouble.

And you can't count the military or police training unless you actually served in the military or as a cop for at least a few months. Stop trying to cut corners. Earn your levels.

And dude, that must've been one ninja-filled graduation ceremony, if you're saying you could make a Hollywood blockbuster out of it.

P.S., I'm a little intimidated by how many high-level folks we have here.

Last edited:

Arthur Tealeaf

First Post
I think I'm to young right now. Maybe in later years I'm picked up as a PC? I'm betting NPC for now though.

My father though, he must be a PC!

40 years on the sea and all around the world, he has even fought pirates! And he never fails to surprise me, whenever I think there can't be more stories to tell! I'm proud of my dad:D

Ashwyn

First Post
I'm pretty sure I'm a Ranger. Maybe a level in fighter too. Not totally sure on my levels though, with skill points and all. I'd say I'm a PC who hasn't had the opportunity to do anything yet.

NiTessine

Explorer
Hmm. By Wickett's system I'd be 1st or 2nd-level, soon to gain another (graduating from high school this spring). Difficult to say whether I'd be an Expert or a Rogue, though. A Malls & Morons Nerd High-School Student, going for Mastermind might be accurate. I spent two years in a mental institute, which probably counts for something. I also did a very elaborate fake love letter prank some months ago. Details of that little plot can be found here.

I do know my Str score to be 7, according to D&D terms. Physical combat isn't my thing.

Last edited:

Krieg said:
Speaking of Eric Shinseki, has GM offered him a VP position yet? :cool:

As much I as didn't agree with a lot of what he wanted with the future of the Army, at least he stuck to his guns and wouldn't be bullied. I respect him a lot for that. He also said that the 10 division Army shouldn't be used for a 12 division mentality, and he was right. The OPTEMPO is so high right now, that many of my peers (Captains) are putting in their resignations when they get back. I know several people that have spent 1 year deployed, back for 3-6 months, and then left for another year.

If anyone out there ever have questions when it comes to Mech or Light Infantry or what the Military Intelligence do on an every day basis, send me an email and I can try to explain it. I spent 6 years in the Infantry (Reserves and Active Duty, enlisted and Officer), and I have spent 3 years in Intelligence. I can try to explain it in game terms to make it more clear.

I do recommend Blood and Guts from RPG Objects. Although there are a few minor discrepencies here and there when it comes to real world information, I have used the game rules without change and I am very happy.

Steve

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads