• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Are you bothering to read DUNGEON anymore? (and level index)

Are you bothering to read DUNGEON anymore?

• Poll closed .

Draumr

First Post
I can't read something that does not exist. A few downloaded adventures does not Dungeon Magazine make (WotC always had free adventures - the current crop is just bigger). Dungeon Magazine died last year. Bagpuss has the gist of it.

Same goes for Dragon Magazine, for what it is worth. (Kobold Quarterly shows the way it should have been done.)

WotC gave me all the confirmation I needed over the last few months to ensure that I won't subscribe to DDI.

DaveMage

Slumbering in Tsar
Shroomy said:
I hope you guys take the time to read my adventure, which should be coming out in the next few weeks. It's my first published work for RPGs.

Congrats!

As long as it's for 3.5, I'll check it out.

Post a link once it's up!

Dannyalcatraz

Schmoderator
Staff member
Supporter
I voted "No."

Once they went digital, I dropped my subs to both Dungeon and Dragon, and transferred my remainder to Pathfinder. I have no interest in digital magazines (many of the reasons have already been stated by other posters).

smootrk

First Post
Not only have I not read a single Dungeon adventure, not a single Dragon article, but I have not even pulled up the web pages that host such content.

Call me bitter, but I have not been happy with the decision to cancel the print-versions... and according to this poll, numerous 'reviews', and general forum discussions, I am in the majority with my resentment.

Bagpuss

Legend
I resented it at first then said, no I'll give it a chance. They had their chance.

It's a real shame as I wanted it to be successful, there are some things that can be useful with an online format, its just WotC haven't made the effort to implement any of them (so far).

I might give them a second chance when 4th Ed comes out, but it depends how good the free stuff is.

Last edited:

Treebore

First Post
No I am not. I want print. So I'll buy Paizo's modules. It may be more expensive, but I am getting what I want.

Besides, if Paizo does keep enough of a consumer base, I see a Pathfinders Adventures Magazine in our future.

Festivus

First Post
I read them currently while free, but I am unsure if I will in the future. At present, Dungeon is not going to be worth the amount of the monthly fee associated with it.

I voted 'no' since if I wanted a complete 'online' gaming experience I would go and play Wow or LotRO. I really don't like reading digital magazines, I want the tactile feel of holding the printed copy and keeping it with my collection/reference library. Maybe I am just old fasioned but I want my PnP RPGs to be completely PnP. *shrug*

I thought it was a big mistake going all digital but maybe that was because I didn't want it to change.

-Brund the Keeper of Old Ways

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads