• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

D&D 5E Are you coming back to D&D from another GAME SYSTEM? (theoretically?)

Umbran

Mod Squad
Staff member
Supporter

Those of you who are making public accusations of sock-puppetry without reporting anything ARE NOT HELPING. You are acting like you are more interested in being aggressive than solving the problem, and if you're wrong, you're now insulting someone who doesn't deserve it. Good show of how welcoming EN World is, guys!

Technically, I should come down on your for trying to start a ruckus.

If you see someone you think is problematic, report the post and leave them alone - don't feed someone you think is a troll. Thanks, all.

Last edited:

nerfherder

Explorer
I did the Back to D&D thing when 3E came out.
Same here. Ran a bit of 4e, but mostly went back to Call of Cthulhu, and picked up Savage Worlds. We did some of the 5e playtest, but again went back to non-D&D until the finished rules come out (and we'll continue to alternate with other rules systems - mostly Savage Worlds).

Umbran

Mod Squad
Staff member
Supporter
To answer the question of the thread: No, but not in the way you may intend it.

I haven't been a single-game person since the 80s. I picked up other games, but never left D&D either. If I pick up 5e on a regular basis, it won't be "coming back", so much as just adding the game to my stock of options.

Hand of Evil

Hero
Epic
LOL that has to be the oddest answer yet. The game has not even come out yet...though they do have four adventures out for it. They are putting it out with an AP by one of the Pathfinder support companies, and it looks like they will be putting out APs at a faster rate than Paizo does...

Did not know that - maybe they have learned. Then I move to a wait, read, and see.

billd91

Not your screen monkey (he/him) 🇺🇦🇵🇸🏳️‍⚧️
To answer the question of the thread: No, but not in the way you may intend it.

I haven't been a single-game person since the 80s. I picked up other games, but never left D&D either. If I pick up 5e on a regular basis, it won't be "coming back", so much as just adding the game to my stock of options.

That's pretty much the same for me. We're not really coming back because we never left or we're always coming back, depending on how you look at it.

Greg K

Legend
No, I am not coming back to D&D with 5e. I came back (bought the core books) with 3e. I played/ran a couple of games, but it was Unearthed Arcana and some Steve Kenson products for Green Ronin that truly brought me back to D&D with 3e.

My games of choice these days are Savage Worlds, Icons, and Mutants and Masterminds. Cartoon Action Hour: Season 3 and Cortex Firefly are the schedule for campaigns while, Cortex Leverage, Cortex Smallville, Fate Core, and Supers! are all on the planned schedule. However, there is room for 3e if my group wants it.

As for 5e, based on the playtests, I have no interest in it as a player or a DM (this could change with the DMG depending on the options presented).

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads