D&D General Are you jumping ship? What will you be switching to?

What system will you switch to?

• Pathfinder

Votes: 60 42.3%
  • Fantasy AGE

Votes: 7 4.9%
  • The One Ring

Votes: 11 7.7%
  • Dungeon World/PbtA

Votes: 11 7.7%
  • FATE

Votes: 10 7.0%
  • Cortex

Votes: 2 1.4%
  • Genesys

Votes: 4 2.8%
  • Cypher

Votes: 9 6.3%
  • Other (please specify)

Votes: 100 70.4%
  • SotDL/SotWW

Votes: 12 8.5%

Yaarel

He Mage
I have an eye on some non-D&D gaming systems.

But now I need to look at what THEIR legal agreements look like.

Are any of them "safe havens"?

TheSword

Legend
I’ve been playing WFRP4e for a while now. I’d happily switch to that system 100% of the time and play the offshoots - Imperial Maledictum etc.

However I’m 98% sure this will blow over in about 6 months once it all calms down and cooler heads prevail. There is a reason Paizo isn’t making threats, warnings and pronouncements.

Michael Linke

Adventurer
Hillarious to me are the people who are abandoning D&D to play a game that only exists because of the OGL license. Whether you CHOOSE not to purchase new D&D books, or CAN'T purchase new Pathfinder/DCC/OSE books, you're gonna be reliant on your ingenuity to expand the game.

Nebulous

Legend
I don't know for SURE if I will bail on 6e yet. I am not a developer, but it disgusts me how they're crushing the competition and putting down small businesses, and reaping huge profits from the bigger guys. I have used Kobold Press extensively the past three years, and honestly I think their content is better than WotC. They announced a new core fantasy game they're working on, and if that takes off (which I expect it to be quite good) that could very well be the new Pathfinder and a game I would gravitate to.

Remove ads