D&D General Are you jumping ship? What will you be switching to?

What system will you switch to?

• Pathfinder

Votes: 60 42.3%
  • Fantasy AGE

Votes: 7 4.9%
  • The One Ring

Votes: 11 7.7%
  • Dungeon World/PbtA

Votes: 11 7.7%
  • FATE

Votes: 10 7.0%
  • Cortex

Votes: 2 1.4%
  • Genesys

Votes: 4 2.8%
  • Cypher

Votes: 9 6.3%
  • Other (please specify)

Votes: 100 70.4%
  • SotDL/SotWW

Votes: 12 8.5%

TLG has said that they're stripping out stuff to continue publishing Castles & Crusades, so I'll be playing that (once I convince my main group to switch...).

Over lunch, I bought the Savage Worlds SWADE hardcover and PDF for my family. Will be reviewing that tonight with my wife and daughters.

Heck, I'm even looking at that Palladium Fantasy 1st Edition Revised PDF I bought last spring as a possibility.

Riley

Legend
Supporter
If I bailed on 5e, it would probably be for B/X or 1-2e. All of which, along with 3e/PF1, etc., Wizards asserts are now dead along with OGL1.0a. 😡

overgeeked

B/X Known World
For D&D-like games it will be older editions of D&D and OSR games for me. Dungeon Crawl Classics, Old-School Essentials, Maze Rats, etc.

For everything else I'll just keep on keeping on. Evangelize more about FKR. Support game companies that aren't pure evil.

Hopefully this means it will now be easier to get some non-D&D games going.

billd91

Not your screen monkey (he/him)
What I run depends on what we, as a group, want to play. I like 5e - I have no problem running it. Buying anything more from WotC... that's another question.
Unfortunately, my younger daughter is a big fan of D&D Beyond - she had a subscription for the last couple of years and plays with her friends. But she's not happy with the licensing issue either. So she's torn.

Last edited:

assuming paizo doesn't make a deal with WoTC, i'm still in a pf2e game and i think it'll end up still being available in the future (whether paizo goes for the suit or just drops the OGL entirely).

i also have all my level up a5e content as pdfs...so at least i can also still run that if i want to.

edit: also i might end up buying more WOIN books and giving that a try. i've got OLD but that's about it atm.

Aldarc

Legend
WAY TOO EARLY to tell. WotC has not issued a statement. Barely any of the major players have made their moves known. I was not planning on jumping ship, but I have been walking away already for unrelated reasons. My gaming time is precious, and I want to force myself to play or run other games that also interest me. 6e or One D&D does not look different enough to kindle any further desire to play it.

Remove ads