D&D General Are you jumping ship? What will you be switching to?

What system will you switch to?

• Pathfinder

Votes: 60 42.3%
  • Fantasy AGE

Votes: 7 4.9%
  • The One Ring

Votes: 11 7.7%
  • Dungeon World/PbtA

Votes: 11 7.7%
  • FATE

Votes: 10 7.0%
  • Cortex

Votes: 2 1.4%
  • Genesys

Votes: 4 2.8%
  • Cypher

Votes: 9 6.3%
  • Other (please specify)

Votes: 100 70.4%
  • SotDL/SotWW

Votes: 12 8.5%

payn

He'll flip ya...Flip ya for real...
I was actually thinking about boarding the ship with D&D One, but that's over now. I'll stick to Traveller, Pathfinder, etc...

Thankfully my Foundry files are local so I can keep playing my games with no issue. Although, losing adventure module support obviously sucks (if it happens).

Incenjucar

Legend
I had already sat out 5E but was going to go all in on 5.5E, so I have the advantage of having no momentum to what I'm playing. Assuming it's an option, I'll probably go to Pathfinder, unless something else is easier to find a local game for. They have a bunch of elemental stuff coming down the pipe, after all.

TwoSix

Dirty, realism-hating munchkin powergamer
I didn't have any plans to move onto OneD&D, so the various goings-on haven't changed anything for me in that regard. I'll probably continue to play/run 2014 5e with all the third-party content I have, but if this encourages some of my groups to try out some NSR stuff, or Worlds Without Number, or SotDL/WW, so much the better.

Incenjucar

Legend
Long term, I want to find a place I can safely create. I have a handful of ideas I've been carrying around for decades, and a few newer ones, and I'd love to share them with everyone, and if it really took off I'd love to be able to do that full time. The system that lets me find out if people would like those ideas that much is the one I'll stick with.

DarkCrisis

Reeks of Jedi
Playing more than one game means I never have to "jump ship".

While you may only be able to play one at a time, it's a good idea to expand your horizons past D&D. A lot of good stuff out there for different genres.

Things I plan to play this year:
More AD&D 2E. And/Or maybe some BECMI
The One Ring
Blade Runner
Cyberpunk
Terminator

Oh and Star Trek maybe. Possibly Star Wars.

Last edited:

Remove ads