D&D General Are you jumping ship? What will you be switching to?

What system will you switch to?

• Pathfinder

Votes: 60 42.3%
  • Fantasy AGE

Votes: 7 4.9%
  • The One Ring

Votes: 11 7.7%
  • Dungeon World/PbtA

Votes: 11 7.7%
  • FATE

Votes: 10 7.0%
  • Cortex

Votes: 2 1.4%
  • Genesys

Votes: 4 2.8%
  • Cypher

Votes: 9 6.3%
  • Other (please specify)

Votes: 100 70.4%
  • SotDL/SotWW

Votes: 12 8.5%

Weiley31

Legend
While I'm not going to be jumping ship, the amount of 5E Kickstarters I back or what not will probably go down significantly. THANKFULLY stuff like Humblewood, Iron Kingdom Requiem, and the Kobold Press books I wanted to have already came out or will come out soon if they are a current kickstarter that's near fullfillment.

In the meantime, I'm gonna start getting the OSE books and will look into getting Mork Borg, Cy-Borg, Demon Dogs and Forbidden Psalms so I can get around to combining all four in an unholy combo for campaigns.

Soulbound: Era of the Beast is out in PDF form, so now I'll pretty much have all the books I need to start playing the Soulbound line by Cubicle 7.

As for 3PP 5E, I'm gonna get what I can in the form of Kamon, Undying Corruption, Steinhardt's Guide to the Eldritch Hunt, Animal Adventures: The Faraway Sea, Adventurer's Guide to the Bible and going to see into backing Azreal's Guide to Revelations as well as Acheron's games Apocalypse: John's guide to Armageddon.

And then there's DCC. I want to get the Dying Earth boxed set, Weird Frontiers, and the Class Alphabet book.

Last edited:

Staffan

Legend
If Wizards goes through with this, I'm not buying anything from them again. I may or may not finish off the Princes of the Apocalypse campaign that's almost done that we put on hiatus at the start of the pandemic. I'd feel a little dirty, but at the same time stopping an apocalypse might be cathartic.

Fortunately, I have plenty of other games around. Just this weekend, I started a campaign in Age of Rebellion for one of my groups. I'd love to continue with The Troubleshooters with the other. Other than those, I have other games I'd like to give a whirl, Earthdawn and TORG chief among them (if I can get one of my crews to play TORG, that is). Pathfinder 2 is of course also an option, though one of the groups soured a bit on it after Agents of Edgewatch.

Weiley31

Legend
Also, gotta nab Unchartered Journeys from Cubicle 7. While I was excited for the Vault 5E stuff they were planning on doing, there seems to be a possibility they are changing to the C7d6 system if things continue at this pace with the OGL changes and what not.
I would probably say it's a good idea to nab all the 5E 3PP you're interested in before somehow, Hasbro mandates that stuff like that be taken down and made unsellable.

Tonguez

A suffusion of yellow
Been checking out Ironsworn and liking what I’ve seen

FATEs an easy go to, or something entirely different -Princess World

I guess, I have already half-jumped (after our current campaign completes, I don't see myself playing 5e again), but given the state of affairs, I will also not return for 5.1e.

For a fantasy game, my go to systems would be:
  • Forbidden Lands
  • Dungeon Crawl Classics
  • Old-School Essentials (B/X D&D)

But it's looking like our next game will rather be non-fantasy. Likely candidates are:
  • Vaesen
  • Call of Cthulhu/Pulp Cthulhu

I also have an ongoing game with Savage Worlds/Sprawlrunners and plan to do a couple of one-shots using Broken Compass and maybe also Dragonbane.

So all in all, I'm a multi-systems guy already, but so far D&D had a fair chunk of my attention, and it looks like that will probably decrease.

mcmillan

Adventurer
For now I suspect my group would rather stay with 5e and I plan to mainly rely on homebrew and 3rd party stuff I have or can continue to get depending on how the OGL situation goes. I

Depending on how things shake out and what OGL-based things are able to stick around I think I'm looking at the following options for future games
For D&D like: AGE, 13th Age, Pathfinder, Forbidden Lands, Symborum
For other genres: Coriolis, Unknown Armies, Shadowrun, Star Trek

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases