D&D General Are you jumping ship? What will you be switching to?

What system will you switch to?

• Pathfinder

Votes: 60 42.3%
  • Fantasy AGE

Votes: 7 4.9%
  • The One Ring

Votes: 11 7.7%
  • Dungeon World/PbtA

Votes: 11 7.7%
  • FATE

Votes: 10 7.0%
  • Cortex

Votes: 2 1.4%
  • Genesys

Votes: 4 2.8%
  • Cypher

Votes: 9 6.3%
  • Other (please specify)

Votes: 100 70.4%
  • SotDL/SotWW

Votes: 12 8.5%

Stormonu

Legend
If I'm not playing 5th Edition, I'm probably playing BECMI. And if I'm not playing D&D, I'm probably playing Call of Cthulhu or Dread. These have both been true for the last decade, and will continue to be true for decades to come. So I'm good.
I picked up Old School Essentials and the Advanced version on a lark last year, but recent events have had me considering running a game (maybe B4 or B3 -> X2 -> ?? ). I may actually even pull my 2E books off the shelf and give them a good dusting.

FallenRX

Adventurer
Probably pf2e, but if the OGL really screws them, and they cant make a non ogl option, Probably WWN, it is a great middle ground between modern 5e design, and OSR, that works well, light weight, and fun.
Maybe give Savage worlds a shot too. since its actually a generic system that can do a lot unlike 5e

When its next my turn to run, odds are I will pull out EarthDawn again. I usually don't run the default setting but put it into something historic (e.g. Roman Empire, Beowulf, etc).

aco175

Legend
If I was jumping ship, it would be for Pathfinder since I/we would adjust the quickest to the rules if they are still close(ish) to 3.5. I'm not planning on jumping though and have been through a lot with the game and all the old companies that owned it.

A lot of the 3PP stuff may fade, but some may rise and some companies might stay around. I mostly homebrew a FR game so little will affect me.

CleverNickName

Limit Break Dancing
I also have a copy of Mouseguard that I never got to try out. Maybe I'll put a one-shot together, for the next time a gaming session gets rescheduled...
1673301126239.png

cbwjm

Seb-wejem
Unrelated to the whole OGL controversy, I want to run a transformers or fabula ultima game. Fabula ultima seems like a nice simple game with some interesting mechanics that I'm tempted to pull into my 5e games, primarily inventory points that you can spend to "create" some basic items.

Remove ads