D&D (2024) Armaments, replacing equipment with more interesting options.

tetrasodium

Legend
Supporter
Epic
interesting idea,

Unless I missed something, this removes the Dex contribution to AC, which I’m still debating whether I love or hate.
Agl(ity) is in a weird place & I wouldn't go digging too deep looking for what individual attributes do just yet. In one of the videos linked earlier James mentioned a meeting discussing stats. Stats were also given a paragraph in the 1/4 patreon update.
You can see we’re gonna meet and talk about the six stats. Back in January, I valued design that I knew worked and was uncontroversial, but now that we have a working prototype it’s a good time to go back and review some of those decisions and your character’s Stats is the only one I am a little suspicious of. “What are stats for? Is there a better way than the one we chose?” is the thrust of the meeting. I have no idea if the answer is yes or no, this is not an invitation to solicit ideas. Wherever we land, it will be a result of our ideas and experience.
It's a long entry talking about sprintss & AGILE development that covers a lot of interesting stuff the team there plans to work on over the next few weeks & months.

mellored

Legend
interesting idea,

Unless I missed something, this removes the Dex contribution to AC, which I’m still debating whether I love or hate.
My suggestion would allow for it.
Monk regalia would still be 10+Dex+Wis, can use Dex for attack, +10 move speed.

I wasn't changing any numbers, just clumping and simplifying how many things you need to track, and possibly adding a mastery (i made this suggestion before mastery)

But that RPG doesn't use AC or Saves.
Just a damage vs defense rolls.

I.e. 2d6 +3 damage vs 2d6 damage reduction.

Also, all classes power up over a fight. Barbarian get +1 damage every time they are hit, or something. Paladins get +1 smite every time an ally is hit.

Or something along those lines. I just skimmed it.

Remove ads