• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

D&D 5E Auzzie Gamers Question.

Psikerlord#

Explorer
It's worse than you might imagine. The Players Handbook won't be out in Australia even on the official release date.

Apparently, it only gets to the distributor on the 19th, and won't be in stores until the 21st or 22nd.

Games paradise sydney told me 19th, and they had the starter set the first (standard) date... so im hopeful...

MerricB

Eternal Optimist
Supporter
Games paradise sydney told me 19th, and they had the starter set the first (standard) date... so im hopeful...

This is what Goodgames Ballarat have posted:

Goodgames Ballarat said:
We have some unfortunate news for all of our Dungeons and Dragons players; due to shipping delays we will be unable to meet the release date for the 5th Edition Players Handbook.

At this point in time we are still hoping to have the books late on Friday the 22nd of August, but it is possible that they will arrive later than that.

If and when more information comes to light, we will be sure to inform all of our players.

Now, as I understand it, the Goodgames chain is reponsible for distributing Wizards of the Coasts D&D and boardgame materials in Australia (Wizards Australia deals primarily with Magic). If your store uses a different distribution channel, it may be that you'll get it on time. (I wouldn't be surprised if MilSims have it on the proper day, for instance, as I think they have other channels).

It might be I'm completely wrong - I hope I am - and the release date will be made, but I'm not entirely hopeful.

Cheers!

Murkmoldiev

First Post
Thanks for all the info my Ouzzie mates.

Im actually a Canadian born New Zealander who now lives in Australia . Ive lived in 6 countries and like this one the best... buuuuuut with this late release date roomer... I may be changing my mind.

Scrivener of Doom

Adventurer

Im actually a Canadian born New Zealander who now lives in Australia . Ive lived in 6 countries and like this one the best... buuuuuut with this late release date roomer... I may be changing my mind.

Ouzzie?

I think that's a cross between an alcoholic drink from Greece and a submachine gun. Either that or something horribly pustulent and immune to sneak attacks....

Doc_Klueless

Doors and Corners
Supporter
A bit tangential but...

Background: I recently took my daughter to Australia for vacation. We went to Cairns and Sydney.

The staff at The Wicked Goblin in Cairns and Good Games in Sydney were wonderful, warm and friendly to a couple of foreigners invading their space. Kudos to them....

Now back to your Ouzzie-Aussie-Auzzie-lander discussion! :lol:

Sadras

Legend
Never, ever seen it spelt with a "Z". Aussie is the only correct spelling

I did include the word 'slang' in my answer for a reason. Perhaps I should have bolded, underlined and highlighted it. :erm:
I was not referring to Oxford English Dictionary spelling.

doghead

thotd

Nzozzie?

CNozZzie?

OK. No more diringking and posting for me.

thotd

Remove ads