B6: The Veiled Society - IC

ghostcat

First Post
Caridoc shout insults at the retreating yobs as he rushes over to the injured Torenescu. "Cowards. Come back and play, we hadn't even started on you yet. You are so ****ed." Arriving at the injured man, he is all business. Deciding not to mess around he lays his hands on Torenescu and channels positive energy into him. Thereby healing some of his wounds. "Those yobs are not going to kill you on my watch." He says. Taking no chances he carefully checks the wounds for poison.

[sblock=OOC]1. Convert Bless in to Cure Light Wounds: CLW on Torenescu (1d8+2=4)
2. Use Heal (+8) {Treat Poison} to check for poison, treat as necessary.`
[/sblock][sblock="Prepared Spells"]Racial Innate Spells
(_) Dancing Lights
(_) Ghost Sound
(_) Prestidigitation
(_) Speak with Animals

Domain Spells:
(_) Expeditious Retreat

0th Level Cleric Spells:
- Guidance, Stabalise, Resistance, Virtue
(_) (_) (_) (_)

1st Level Cleric Spells:
(X) Bless
(X) Sanctuary
(X) Command
[/sblock]

jkason

First Post
Barek Fhald, half-orc bard

Barek's song comes to an abrupt halt as the daggers hit the party's charge. As Cariadoc uses his powers to care for him, however, he regains some sense of composure.

"We haven't the resources to mount a running battle through the streets, and even if we did we risk the guards. In fact, with the noise we've made, you'd better bind your weapon again, Kynar."

The half-orc turns to the beggar leader, bowing his head. "If it weren't for you and your men, we'd all be dead right now. While my companion stabilizes Master Torenescu, I'd be happy to help you assess your own men. I haven't much healing skill, but I'll lend what aid I can."

((OOC: Barek isn't trained in Heal, though he has a +2 Wis which might help at least until Cariadoc is finished with Torenescu. Actually, if we can get them in a 30 ft. radius, Cariadoc should be able to stabilize them all with a channel energy burst.))

kinem

Adventurer
Caridoc finds Torenescu to be alive, and his magic stops the bleeding, but the old man remains unconscious. The wounds don't seem to be poisoned.

Kynar wipes the blood on his sword onto the dark cloak of the veiled man who he'd just struck down, before attempting to re-'bind' it.

"Thanks ... Let's get on it!" The 'beggars' move to try to help their own.

There are four downed beggars; working together, you get all of them stabilized.

There area also two downed veiled men. "We should save them if we can, for questioning" the beggars' leader declares.

The beggars do what they can. The one Kynar brought down proves too far gone. The other one is bleeding but the beggars use an improvised tourniquet to save him.

HolyMan

Thy wounds are healed!
Disgruntled by the leader's getaway Rezak turns back to join the others. As he walks by the mask he took off and dropped he stoops to pick it up.

Holding the mask in one hand his grip tightens on the fabric before shoving it behind his belt, he won't soon forget this night and the mask will help to remind him.

As he approaches the others he says, "So dis be'n ye new jobs? Ta takes a dagger fur a man ye 'ardly knows?" he says gesturing to Torenescu as the man fights for his life on the cobbled street.

Last edited:

jkason

First Post
Barek Fhald, half-orc bard

As he approaches the others he says, "So dis be'n ye new jobs? Ta takes a dagger fur a man ye 'ardly knows?" he says gesturing to Torenescu as the man fights for his on the cobbled street.

Barek, garments stained with blood and sweat from the just-concluded fight, glares darkly at Rezak.

"And was this yours?" he says in a low voice, "Staging the ambush that brought those daggers close enough to be a threat?"

The half-orc's primal self is clearly struggling to be freed, but with a shake of his head, Barek regains his normal composure.

"Apologies," he says. "Without you to distract the caster, I suspect there would have been a far worse outcome, and what we have it hardly a good one.

"Caridoc, we haven't the means to carry all these men. Once we properly bind the veiled we stabilized, would you be able to channel a healing burst for the lot of them? Hopefully we'll rouse enough of them that we can carry the others."

[sblock=OOC]In game terms, Barek' wants to gather the wounded into the area of effect for a positive energy channel (30' radius, 1d6 healing to all living folks) from Caridoc[/sblock]

Rhun

First Post
Celythia sheaths her dagger, but remains alert for any of the veiled men who might return while the others are helping treat the injured.

OOC: What about the veiled man in the grease? He should have been easily captured. Or was he one of the wounded ones?

HolyMan

Thy wounds are healed!
Rezak just grunted, no need to explain that he had little time or room to stop this all from happening, as that mattered little he was just glad none of his friends were killed. This masked murderers can be dealt with in time.

As he drags the wounded up towards the gnome he says, "Ets be'n quick. Tae guard be on us 'ike flys tae dung fir ye knows it."

kinem

Adventurer
ooc: Unless Celythia tried to stop him, the guy in the grease got away. He started crawling away as soon as the "throw and go" order was given. Rezak wasn't nearby, and everyone else focused on stabilizing the wounded.

ghostcat

First Post
Caridoc continues to tend to Torenescu, while at the same time supervising the others attempts to gather the wounded. Once they are arranged to his satisfaction, he takes his holy symbol, concentrates and directs a wave of healing energy at the wounded.

[sblock=OOC]Channel Healing Energy (1d6=2)[/sblock][sblock="Prepared Spells"]Racial Innate Spells
(_) Dancing Lights
(_) Ghost Sound
(_) Prestidigitation
(_) Speak with Animals

Domain Spells:
(_) Expeditious Retreat

0th Level Cleric Spells:
- Guidance, Stabalise, Resistance, Virtue
(_) (_) (_) (_)

1st Level Cleric Spells:
(X) Bless
(X) Sanctuary
(X) Command

Channel positive Energy: (X) (_) (_) (_)[/sblock]

kinem

Adventurer
The wounded men are healed a bit, but the only one to regain consciousness is Simion Torenescu himself.

"Wha? Ah ... Thanks so much for saving me. I won't forget it. I hope we didn't lose anyone?" The old man gets to his feet, though still hurting. "We must keep moving."

Remove ads