• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

B6: The Veiled Society - IC

ghostcat

First Post
Taking his sack, Caridoc nods his thanks to Simion. He then assumes his usual position of rear guard and starts the walk back to their inn, listening to the others having their discussion but not joining in.

Once back at the inn, Caridoc is apprehensive about Barek's plan. "A single guard in the corridor can easily be sneaked up on and overcome. Also, it does not prevent an assassin from climbing in the window. I hate to suggest this as it will mean an uncomfortable night. Still rather that then waking up dead. I suggest we all stay in one room. Barricade the door and have two guards while the other two use the beds to rest. Ceylthia needs her rest to be learn spells, so that leaves three of us to stand watch."

jkason

First Post
Barek Fhald, half-orc bard

Once back at the inn, Caridoc is apprehensive about Barek's plan. "A single guard in the corridor can easily be sneaked up on and overcome. Also, it does not prevent an assassin from climbing in the window. I hate to suggest this as it will mean an uncomfortable night. Still rather that then waking up dead. I suggest we all stay in one room. Barricade the door and have two guards while the other two use the beds to rest. Ceylthia needs her rest to be learn spells, so that leaves three of us to stand watch."

Barek shrugs. "I've never been much of a tactician," he says. "If Celythia is comfortable with all of us in the room, it seems the safest prospect, I'd say."

Rhun

First Post
Celythia nods. "That is fine. I'd much prefer sharing a room with all of you to waking up with my throat slit." She pauses, and then smiles, catching her own comment. "Though I guess in that case I wouldn't be waking up at all."

kinem

Adventurer
The party heads away from the Senator's house. You quickly realize that ... you don't know the way back. The quality of the buildings and streets seems lower the further you go.

You come upon an inn, The Dancing Sword, and fortunately are able to get semi-clear directions there from a grumpy old half-elven man.

Eventually, you start to recognize the neighborhood around the Tea Rex. Nearing the inn, you notice a handful of men hanging out on the street a couple of blocks ahead. They seem to stare at you as you approach.

One of the men has red hair - and he seems to be their leader, as he makes some sort of hand gesture. Suddenly they head down a side alley. When you arrive and look there, they are gone.

The dining room of the inn is nearly empty, and you head up, squeezing into a single room.

During the night, you hear some noise in the hall. It sounds like a man walking around, which is fairly unusual but could just be a drunken guest at the inn trying to find his room. The noise soon stops.

Finally, morning comes.

ooc: anyone look in the sacks?

ooc: Level up!

Feeling refreshed from sleep and confident from last night's victory, you head downstairs - only to find the watch. Four watchmen are there, none of whom you recognize.

"We have a warrant for his arrest" they explain, moving to restrain Kynar. "The charge is murder - with an unbound weapon. If he's innocent, then don't fear, the judges will determine that."

Last edited:

jkason

First Post

Eventually, you start to recognize the neighborhood around the Tea Rex. Nearing the inn, you notice a handful of men hanging out on the street a couple of blocks ahead. They seem to stare at you as you approach.

One of the men has red hair - and he seems to be their leader, as he makes some sort of hand gesture. Suddenly they head down a side alley. When you arrive and look there, they are gone.

The dining room of the inn is nearly empty, and you head up, squeezing into a single room.

After the party finally manages to find their way 'home,' as the door closes, Barek allows himself a sigh of relief.

"Now, what do you suppose the payment is for a night like this one?" he says, opening his sack from Simion.

Feeling refreshed from sleep and confident from last night's victory, you head downstairs - only to find the watch. Four watchmen are there, none of whom you recognize.

"We have a warrant for his arrest" they explain, moving to restrain Kynar. "The charge is murder - with an unbound weapon. If he's innocent, then don't fear, the judges will determine that."

Barek's green skin pales a shade as the men move to arrest Kynar.

"Go with them for now," he whispers to his companion. "This isn't entirely a surprise. I'll see about sending word to Torenescu."

Rhun

First Post
Celythia remains quiet as Kynar is arrested. She had suspected that his flashy swordsmanship and arrogant attitude were going to get him into trouble, and it appeared that she was right. Hopefully Barek was correct, and Simeon would be able to help; still, a short stint in a cell might be exactly what was called for to rid the elf warrior of his brashness.

kinem

Adventurer
For a moment, it looks as if Kynar might try to foricibly resist arrest. His hand almost involuntarily drifts towards his sword.

The impulsive elf nods at Barek's words, however, and allows the watchmen to place manacles on his wrists. They also disarm him, and in so doing, discover the nature of his sword's "binding".

"We may call the rest of you in for questioning, so don't leave town. If you stay elsewhere, leave word with the innkeeper. Good day." The watchmen leave.

"Gods" the innkeeper says. "Well, oatmeal then?"

[sblock=ooc]Each of the heavy sacks you got last night contains 500 gp. Kynar's is still in the room.[/sblock]

Rhun

First Post
Celythia laughs lightly as the guards leave, and shakes her head. "How many times have we been told not to leave town now? Three? Or is it four?" At the innkeepers words, she nods. "Yes, some oatmeal, please. And tell me goodman, is there anywhere nearby that would sell arcane scrolls or spellbooks?"

jkason

First Post

Celythia laughs lightly as the guards leave, and shakes her head. "How many times have we been told not to leave town now? Three? Or is it four?"

"As many people as seem to want us around, you'd think we'd be getting a parade or the key to the city," Barek quips.

At the innkeepers words, she nods. "Yes, some oatmeal, please. And tell me goodman, is there anywhere nearby that would sell arcane scrolls or spellbooks?"

Barek nods his interest in breakfast, as well. "With our luck, who knows when we'll have a chance to stop and eat again?"

Remove ads