• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

B6: The Veiled Society - IC

ghostcat

First Post
Leveling Up

Caridoc is on last watch and as the sky brightens he leaves the fighter on watch and starts his morning devotions. He is shocked and elated to find that Desna has granted him extra spells this morning. He reasons that his current activities have found favour with his god and he resolves to continue in the same vain.

ghostcat

First Post
Still feeling good about having his god's favour, Caridoc comes down to breakfast with his friends. However, his high spirits are quickly deflated as the guards come to arrest his reckless friend. Silently agreeing that Barek is correct in urging Kynar to go quietly, he keeps silent until the guards start to lead Kynar away. "Don't worry, we'll eh" He breaks off what he is about to to say, as he realises that it could sound like they are going to break Kynar out of jail and continues weakly "do what we can to get you off."

Once Kynar and the guards have left, a much more subdued Caridoc sits down to his oatmeal. "Right. What do you think we should do next? We also need to rethink our standard marching pattern"

jkason

First Post
Barek Fhald, half-orc bard

Once Kynar and the guards have left, a much more subdued Caridoc sits down to his oatmeal. "Right. What do you think we should do next? We also need to rethink our standard marching pattern"

Barek chews on some oatmeal as he thinks, then after swallowing finally says, "Well, I think the first order of business is to send word to Simion and hope he can do something for Kynar," Barek says. "After that, I'd say we pick up where we left off last night: trying to track down this red-haired shipwright that Rezak says may have bought the same drink as our kobolds."

HolyMan

Thy wounds are healed!
"Were'n we 'eft off be wat ye all be'n doin' work for dat snake last nite." Rezak says quitely from the corner. It appears he still holds a little grudge from the events last night.

"Firm wat's I hears he be nay guid fir all who knows of 'em. An'a nay need tae be worrin' over dee red headed ship-writer, he did 'inds us."

HolyMan

Thy wounds are healed!
[sblock=OOC] "did 'inds us." - "did finds us", I usually just take away the first letter of a word to give it Rezak's accent. Which refers to this:
Nearing the inn, you notice a handful of men hanging out on the street a couple of blocks ahead. They seem to stare at you as you approach.

One of the men has red hair - and he seems to be their leader, as he makes some sort of hand gesture. Suddenly they head down a side alley. When you arrive and look there, they are gone.

I could be wrong but in my RP gut I don't think so. :p [/sblock]

jkason

First Post
Barek Fhald, half-orc bard

"Firm wat's I hears he be nay guid fir all who knows of 'em. An'a nay need tae be worrin' over dee red headed ship-writer, he did 'inds us."

Barek raises an eyebrow. Completely ignoring reference to last night's unpleasantness, he replies, "Well, if he has done so, he hasn't seen fit to introduce himself," Barek says. "So we still need to talk to him to see if he can lead us anywhere."

[sblock=OOC]
"did 'inds us." - "did finds us", I usually just take away the first letter of a word to give it Rezak's accent.

Well, I knew there was a letter missing, I just had no earthly clue what letter it was ;) I figured Barek, between long association with Rezak and being rather linguistically-inclined as a bard, wouldn't have the same problem I was having. Thanks for clarifying. :)[/sblock]

kinem

Adventurer
"Yes, some oatmeal, please. And tell me goodman, is there anywhere nearby that would sell arcane scrolls or spellbooks?"

The innkeeper thinks. "Magic, eh? Well, down at South End is the Magicians' Guildhall. Never been there. I reckon if anyone in town would have that stuff, it'd be there."

He goes to the kitchen and brings oatmeal, water, and bowls.

ghostcat

First Post
Caridoc sits waiting for his oatmeal while considering what he could buy with his reward. At the same time is was aware of the others talking but is not really listening. Just as he concludes that there is nothing he really wants at the moment and that he will save the money to put towards some new armour, Rezak mentions that the red haired man had been lurking outside last night. This triggered a number of thoughts in Caridoc which came flooding out in a sort of verbal diarrhea. "Akiros Sonnos here, your right, why didn't I pick up on that, if he found us he must belong to one of the innumerable societies that plague this town, as he knows about us he'll either be hard to find or well protected probably both, there again he might just ambush us, we better be on our guard, well even more than usual" Pulling himself together he says to Rezak "Did you notice anyone hanging around when you can here this morning?"

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads