• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

B6: The Veiled Society - IC

Rhun

First Post
"If we have some time today, I would like to make a trip to the Magician's Guildhall," says Celythia, waiting for her breakfast. "With our payment from last night, I may be able to add a couple of useful spells to my repertoire."

jkason

First Post
Barek Fhald, half-orc bard

Barek nods. "After last night, any edge we can get would be most welcome," he agrees. "I think the guildhall should be our first stop."

ghostcat

First Post
Caridoc interjects. "OK. But we had better go in battle formation. Are you OK at the front Barek, or would you prefer if I go first and you go rear guard?"

jkason

First Post
Barek Fhald, half-orc bard

Caridoc interjects. "OK. But we had better go in battle formation. Are you OK at the front Barek, or would you prefer if I go first and you go rear guard?"

Barek chews on some oatmeal a moment, thinking, then shrugs. "In this town, we seem as likely to be taken from any side, so I'll take the lead. At the very least, maybe a half-orc out front will discourage too much direct confrontation.

"And if someone's to be felled, I'd rather you were still around to patch me up than down yourself,"
Barek adds with a wink.

ghostcat

First Post
Caridoc finishes his breakfast but decides he can't get away with licking the bowl. So he reluctantly puts his spoon down. stands up and say "Ready when you are."

kinem

Adventurer
After getting rough directions from the innkeeper, once again the party heads south - the same general direction as the docks - but you reach a large street (Drake Street, he said) and turn more towards the west.

This route still has plenty of mud and occasional crowds and unpleasant odors, but it's better than the poorest neighborhoods you saw yesterday.

You need to ask directions a couple of times, but eventually you make it to a small fort-like structure in a very old part of the city. Signs proclaim this to be the Mages' Guildhall.

The door is not locked, and inside you find a reception room, with four young people (a male human, a male elf, a male gnome, and a female human) poring over scrolls and books around a rectangular table.

"Hello. Can I help you?" the gnome inquires.

Rhun

First Post
Celythia walks forward and smiles at the gnome. "Good morning, Master Gnome. I'm in search of arcane magics to add to my spellbook, and it was indicated that this was the place to seek such knowledge."

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads